XP
Country
United States
chickenmatt5 said:
shinkukage09 said:
chickenmatt5 said:
shinkukage09 said:
chickenmatt5 said:
Well, I used my origional DS, and it worked. Now I can trick my friends into thinking I own a Danny Phantom game! But, will Nickelodien be ok with it?

Better question: Who cares?
tongue.gif
I do, if Nick sues.

How can they sue? The update is unofficially official. Team Acekard never 100% confirmed they made it, just that there is one. Either way, I doubt they'll care. If anyone'll care about it, it'll be TQH, which I doubt.
Its still using copyrighted material.
okay, dude, maybe he was fucking trolling all of you, and you guys took it a little seriously

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsromfinder1337 said:
chickenmatt5 said:
shinkukage09 said:
chickenmatt5 said:
shinkukage09 said:
Better question: Who cares?
tongue.gif
I do, if Nick sues.

How can they sue? The update is unofficially official. Team Acekard never 100% confirmed they made it, just that there is one. Either way, I doubt they'll care. If anyone'll care about it, it'll be TQH, which I doubt.
Its still using copyrighted material.
okay, dude, maybe he was fucking trolling all of you, and you guys took it a little seriously

Who are you and why're you calling me a troll?

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anaxs said:
no its not possible
ul need another ds lite/phat to update or a 1.3 or lower v of dsi

I know the way it was done the update of AK2i, it is not possible.
But if it was possible to do this on iPlayer, it would theoretically
possible with other flashcards, creating a self-executable file.

Or am I talking nonsense?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
samurayjp said:
anaxs said:
no its not possible
ul need another ds lite/phat to update or a 1.3 or lower v of dsi

I know the way it was done the update of AK2i, it is not possible.
But if it was possible to do this on iPlayer, it would theoretically
possible with other flashcards, creating a self-executable file.

Or am I talking nonsense?
Iplayer has inbuilt ram, we're not sure if that is used for the iplayer updating method.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shikinami said:
Is this unofficial fix reversible? Or will it permanently change my Acekard 2i headers to Danny Phantom's?
It's official. It's most likely reverable.

QUOTE(WeakNiZ @ Sep 27 2009, 06:11 PM) I was wondering if I used this for my iTouch2, will it work, or will it totally corrupt the whole cartridge?
It would corrupt your cart. It's only made for the AK2i, not the iTouch2.

Josh2i

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
i'm Josh.
I have a firmware update problem too. When I do the DSi update on my DS Original and DS Lite (as my DSi is on 1.4), it works, it updates, but when I put it in my DSi, it still reads as Acekard 2i, and doesn't work. I heard it is supposed to be read as Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle. When I try and do the DSL update on my DSL or DS and it says To Start Update, Reinsert card, etc. I do that, and press B. It still stays the same. When I press B, then start, I still get nothing, it still says the same thing. When I don't reinsert the card and do those, it still says the same. Please, somebody...help me. What am I doing wrong?
cry.gif

--------------
Edit: I think my one is a clone...what update should I use?

shikinami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Josh2i said:
Hi,
i'm Josh.
I have a firmware update problem too. When I do the DSi update on my DS Original and DS Lite (as my DSi is on 1.4), it works, it updates, but when I put it in my DSi, it still reads as Acekard 2i, and doesn't work. I heard it is supposed to be read as Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle. When I try and do the DSL update on my DSL or DS and it says To Start Update, Reinsert card, etc. I do that, and press B. It still stays the same. When I press B, then start, I still get nothing, it still says the same thing. When I don't reinsert the card and do those, it still says the same. Please, somebody...help me. What am I doing wrong?
cry.gif

--------------
Edit: I think my one is a clone...what update should I use?

If your Acekard 2i is a clone, I think the update might not work. Did you try using AKAIO 1.5 to check if your flashcart is original?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute... I read in a previous page (Don't ask which, too much crap) that this was possibly unofficial. So, I went to the AceKard website, and it doesn't mention anything about the DannyKard 2i... So, maybe I should wait some more and just see about if whether or not I should do this update? If it's unofficial, I could just skip it, wait, and maybe receive an official update that has the AceKard icon, and won't involve all this DSL/DSPhat nonsense?

shikinami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, this fix is made by the Acekard Team, but it's considered unofficial because the way this fix works (using a retail game icon). That's why they didn't put it in the official site. If you have an DSi with firmware prior to 1.4 and don't plan to update it now, then there's absolute no need to use this fix.

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't read through this whole thread, but just to make sure.

I am able to do this with an Acekard 2i, with AKAIO firmware (I'm not sure which AKAIO firmware it is, but I remember trying to update to the latest version a while ago, and all my save files were gone, so I switched back)?
My DSi has E1.3 firmware

And I use the
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi
file right?

Just making sure :]

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,use that file. And your saves were gone because you just have to set your default save type to .nds.sav instead of .sav do that through system options.

Kaidaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. quick question guys.

I have an Acekard 2i (not a clone) that worked. My DSi got borked so I sent it for repairs, and they updated my DSi's firmware. So now my Acekard isn't working. I tried putting it on my buddy's DSlite but my flashcart didn't boot. I'm using the AKAIO firmware for my acekard.

Anyone know why that happened? Thanks.

Superfleurs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was one of those dummies that updated my DSi firmware before finding out that was , well...dumb.
cry.gif

Anyway, fortunately I found the Danny fix here, downloaded that, and have been happily using it for the last 2 months.

Just today, I have an odd problem with the Acekard2i. Everything looks normal when I turn on the DS, I click on Acekard, and it immediately loads the last game that I played. It will NOT go to menu. I then (on the computer) removed the last game from the SD cart to see what would happen. It went to the menu, like normal, I started a different game, then turned off the DS. When I turned it on again, the same thing happened, it immediately loaded the last game without going to menu. Has anyone else experienced this?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
auto run is on. All you have to do is press b (or a, I forgot which one of the two it is) the next time you load your AK and that will prevent auto load. Then you go in the options and disable autorun. systemo options>Default Patch Options> Autorun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1