Hardware any chance of using my sony card from my current vita to my new one !? (without formatting)

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, is there some workaround with swapping my sony 64gb card onto the oled i recently got.
i already installed enso on it, and well i have a lot of data on my 64card would love to be able to use it on the oled vita.

when i simply pop it in the oled it tells me its form another psn (my previous) and sadly i cant even sign into it anymore not even on pc, have the feeling sony put it to expire or maybe banned me? not sure.

anyways i already had to enter a psn account on the oled (this was so that i could hack it!)

and i have a question regarding a simpler method, couldnt i just copy paste the 64gb content onto my laptop then format the card and insert it into the oled and copy paste the data i have on laptop onto the card, then maybe it will read the content, or will it not..?

edit: or would backing up the data with QCMA (then restoring) do the trick?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The simplest fix would be Simple Account Switcher. Install it on your old Vita, switch it over to the PSN account on your OLED, move the memory card over to your new Vita and it should all work.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The simplest fix would be Simple Account Switcher. Install it on your old Vita, switch it over to the PSN account on your OLED, move the memory card over to your new Vita and it should all work.
wish i read this before Q_Q i am spending hours copying data back and forth..
hoping this will work this way too ,oh well dang..

i get the feeling i will get some shitty "this content is not for this user/linked with this blaa"
had no idea there was something like simple accout switcher.

but on one note, my old acccout on my slim that id need to switch over to the oled No longer signs in.. even though i enter the correct info, im guessing they "$ony" either deactivated /banned that account as it was inactive for 2years.

so .. would that accout switcher still work on this kind of psn ? :l

EDIT: YEP SAME THING ! :C says 'the memory card inserted in your system is linked with the following psn id bla bla.." the psn id which i can no longer even sign into, damn this shit.
i will try to delete the user folder maybe it will work then..

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
wish i read this before Q_Q i am spending hours copying data back and forth..
hoping this will work this way too ,oh well dang..

i get the feeling i will get some shitty "this content is not for this user/linked with this blaa"
had no idea there was something like simple accout switcher.

but on one note, my old acccout on my slim that id need to switch over to the oled No longer signs in.. even though i enter the correct info, im guessing they "$ony" either deactivated /banned that account as it was inactive for 2years.

so .. would that accout switcher still work on this kind of psn ? :l
You should probably do it the other way around.

Old PSN account (the one on your slim) -> switch to new PSN account (the one on your OLED)

If both Vitas are using the same account, then switching memory cards between the two won't be an issue.

Last edited by 666nyan666,

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You should probably do it the other way around.

Old PSN account (the one on your slim) -> switch to new PSN account (the one on your OLED)

If both Vitas are using the same account, then switching memory cards between the two won't be an issue.
but my card is linked to my old account.. and that accout no longer works , how do i make the switch now?
im afraid to use the new one on the slim as then my data wouldnt work on that one anymore either, what do i do now?

and also when i enter the old one into the oled it wont work like i said, the sign in is bashed, and it wont enter it

edit: i deleted the user folder from root of the card.. which has the savedata/trophies in it and it seems to be doing the trick..
but i guess i all my savedata is unusable now!

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
but my card is linked to my old account.. and that accout no longer works , how do i make the switch now?
im afraid to use the new one on the slim as then my data wouldnt work on that one anymore either, what do i do now?

and also when i enter the old one into the oled it wont work like i said, the sign in is bashed, and it wont enter it

edit: i deleted the user folder from root of the card.. which has the savedata/trophies in it and it seems to be doing the trick..
but i guess i all my savedata is unusable now!
Ack! I hope you backed that folder up. Cuz you really did not need to delete it. (If you did back it up, restore it BEFORE you get to the instructions below)

After making sure firmware spoofing is on and set to 3.70 on both Vitas, just follow these steps:
1. Ensure the memory card you want to use in your OLED in inserted into your Slim.
2. Download and install the vpk for Simple Account Switcher on the Slim.
3. Open SAS and use it to sign into the account that is currently on your OLED. (Which i am currently under the assumption is an active account that you can sign into)
4. Once this is done, turn off your Slim, eject the memory card and insert it into your OLED.
5. If you were successful in switching your Slim over to the account on your OLED, it should say "re-building database" for a little bit, then take you to the Live Area.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@666nyan666

DUDE ! i did as you told me and finally got it working, it refreshed database and bam it works on my oled now woho!

Now please tell me i could switch like this all the time without issues ??

id love to go back and forth at times between my oled and slim !!
and also note that i only have one working psn account on my vita atm.
the old one i had on the slim is busted and is still on it..

could i just simple do a factory reset on my slim and enter the very same psn (working psn) that i have on my oled and enter it into my Slim one ??
would i be able to just swap my memory card back and forth whenever i want without using the switching app ?

thank you !!

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@666nyan666

DUDE ! i did as you told me and finally got it working, it refreshed database and bam it works on my oled now woho!

Now please tell me i could switch like this all the time without issues ??

id love to go back and forth at times between my oled and slim !!
and also note that i only have one working psn account on my vita atm.
the old one i had on the slim is busted and is still on it..

could i just simple do a factory reset on my slim and enter the very same psn (working psn) that i have on my oled and enter it into my Slim one ??
would i be able to just swap my memory card back and forth whenever i want without using the switching app ?

thank you !!
I'm glad you got it working! You don't need to factory reset your Slim at this point. If you followed my instructions you should be able to swap the memory card between the two consoles without any addition steps.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'm glad you got it working! You don't need to factory reset your Slim at this point. If you followed my instructions you should be able to swap the memory card between the two consoles without any addition steps.
yep! you were right, thank you so much man!
all went well eventually, took me hours to figure things out etc!
it was worth it.

thanks again.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another thing to add, I'm not sure if Enso got the same Henkaku settings in 'Settings' but if yes, you can also use 'Unlink memory card' so it will delete the id.dat. Not only that, it also deletes the firmware version. My Sony 64GB memcard was used in psvita with 3.70. Installed the jailbreak for 3.70, unlinked it and it works in other psvita with 3.65 without formatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee