Status
Not open for further replies.

aakkiibb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can anyone tell me when will the hacking of oled model will be available i know we have a solution using mod chip but i want to hack without modchip like we have in unpatched models using RCM

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me when will the hacking of oled model will be available i know we have a solution using mod chip but i want to hack without modchip like we have in unpatched models using RCM

You only method right now is modchip, we don't know if there would be any new exploit in the future, probably yes but no eta.

track02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Mariko is genuinely super secure, I very much doubt there will ever be a software exploit for Mariko units.
Never say never man, the ps3 and the 3ds were both once considered unhackeable, iirc correctly it took 4 years for the 3ds and 7 for the ps3 to get hacked after which the flood gates were opened, there's extremly high interest in hacking the nintendo switch so some time in the future someone will definitely find a way to hack the system, they always do.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never say never man, the ps3 and the 3ds were both once considered unhackeable, iirc correctly it took 4 years for the 3ds and 7 for the ps3 to get hacked after which the flood gates were opened, there's extremly high interest in hacking the nintendo switch so some time in the future someone will definitely find a way to hack the system, they always do.
PS3 still doesn't have full kernel reimplementation. 3DS also.
There is no good example to compare with Switch since Switch is the ONLY modern console that has fully reimplemented kernel (3DS has only partially reimplemented kernel). So we know that there are no available kernel exploits that would allow for software hacking.
Here you go, you can check yourself:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/mesosphere
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/libraries/libmesosphere

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look up how Mariko works, I'm not lying when I say it's super secure.

toolazytosearchitmyself

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There will probably never be a solderless Switch OLED exploit. The only reason the modchip works on the OLED is because Nintendo decided it's not worth patching an exploit which requires an expensive modchip and skilled installation to use.

Your options are to use modchip, buy an unpatched Switch or download an emulator (assuming you have a good PC).

You could try waiting for a solderless Switch OLED exploit. We can never outrule the possibility that there is an undiscovered exploit out there but if there is you could be waiting years or even decades. You'll probably eventually give up and choose one of the options above instead.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
There will probably never be a solderless Switch OLED exploit. The only reason the modchip works on the OLED is because Nintendo decided it's not worth patching an exploit which requires an expensive modchip and skilled installation to use.

Your options are to use modchip, buy an unpatched Switch or download an emulator (assuming you have a good PC).

You could try waiting for a solderless Switch OLED exploit. We can never outrule the possibility that there is an undiscovered exploit out there but if there is you could be waiting years or even decades. You'll probably eventually give up and choose one of the options above instead.
I just have to give another option: Steamdeck.

I have 2 Pokémon, New Kirby game, animal crossing and Mario O. They all Works pretty near perfect. Some slowdowns here and there. But otherwise, like perfect. The Steamdeck is a very good option!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
April 17 2025 is what I've got

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason the modchip works on the OLED is because Nintendo decided it's not worth patching an exploit which requires an expensive modchip and skilled installation to use.
This is still not Nintendo's software being exploited, it is Nvidia's hardware. Only way to fix it is to use different hardware which is not economical at this point in the Switch's lifecycle. Entirely probable that the next gen Switch will join the other modern consoles and be un-hackable.

Reactions: Kei00

Swear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think, sooner or later, they'll hack it. Until then I'll go for borrowed cartriges by friends or gifts and stuck with non-better-software-homebrew stuff 🤷

Chiika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have 2 Pokémon, New Kirby game, animal crossing and Mario O. They all Works pretty near perfect. Some slowdowns here and there. But otherwise, like perfect. The Steamdeck is a very good option!
Steam deck is the way.

toolazytosearchitmyself

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I didn't know about this and it's not for me until an upgraded Steam Deck which can run games as well as an overlocked Switch can is released but it is a viable alternative.
Post automatically merged:

PS3 still doesn't have full kernel reimplementation. 3DS also.
There is no good example to compare with Switch since Switch is the ONLY modern console that has fully reimplemented kernel (3DS has only partially reimplemented kernel). So we know that there are no available kernel exploits that would allow for software hacking.
Here you go, you can check yourself:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/mesosphere
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/libraries/libmesosphere
This is off-topic but what are the limitations on 3DS hacking imposed by only having a partially reimplimented kernel?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mariko is genuinely super secure, I very much doubt there will ever be a software exploit for Mariko units.
A similar statement was made aboout the PS Vita and here we are with a totally free (of Sony's crap) handheld, with so many possibilities on it.

Considering how popular the Switch is, it might be just a matter of time for us to get a method for Switch modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol