Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
Hey SciresM if you don't release now I will "headshot" my self at the end of the day :)

Or maybe nooooo who stole my atmosphere, I can't breed, noo SciresM please give me back my atmosphere so I can breed again :D, you thief :toot:.

Ps: joking

Not funny dude

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is not my main Language, so it sounds fun to me :).

It's just a joke, I don't demand anything from SciresM, I will just keep having fun and waiting. When someone make atmosphere running backups I will donate though not much as I barely have cash my self ;).

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You must be new to emunand and how it works. It's not a safety net to keep your woeful ways a secret.
A emunand can be used as a safety net.
Both nands updated
Sysnand clean not hacky and online
Emunand Hacky, dirty and always offline
Is not the perfect safety net, but is a pretty good safety net

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know what Nintendo will do when Atmosphere is there and hopefully a topic will arrive what you did when you got banned, just like how it was on the 3DS.
So that contains what you did before you were banned. If you cheat/hack online, you deserve to be banned.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Is it safe to assume Atmosphere release depends on EmuNAND being complete i.e Atmosphere depends on EmuNAND?
Because AFAIK people won't be modding their SysNAND but rather the EmuNAND?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the point in emunand is to preserve having a low firmware sysnand in place. As the lower the firmware, there are more exploits. The early goal is to have a cold/warmboot exploit that is tetherless so you don't have to rely on a jig and a usb cable every time your system goes off

The point of emunand is to allow one switch to have multiple copies of the OS, saves and other installed content.

One way that can be useful is to avoid upgrading sysnand, but there are other use cases for it.

For example you upgrade sysnand and go online, but hack emunand (which may or may not be the latest version). Because of the way fusee gelee works the sysnand won't have any thing nintendo can detect that you did offline with emunand.

A lot of people care more about going online with an unhacked sysnand, while hacking offline in emunand than they do about the hoarded untethered hacks.

Is it safe to assume Atmosphere release depends on EmuNAND being complete i.e Atmosphere depends on EmuNAND?
Because AFAIK people won't be modding their SysNAND but rather the EmuNAND?

With the layeredFS you can redirect whatever you want, to wherever you want. So it would seem likely that the Atmosphere files that need to be loaded can be run time linked in without having to permanently modify sysnand.

They are more likely worried that something will get corrupted by accident, or you'll get banned if you reboot without atmosphere and then go online.

But there is also the argument that some people don't want to upgrade past 4.1, but having emunand means they can boot a later firmware.

At the moment everyone who can afford a large enough SD card is catered for, in the future those people who don't want emunand will also be catered for.

Last edited by smf,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of emunand is to allow one switch to have multiple copies of the OS, saves and other installed content.

One way that can be useful is to avoid upgrading sysnand, but there are other use cases for it.

For example you upgrade sysnand and go online, but hack emunand (which may or may not be the latest version). Because of the way fusee gelee works the sysnand won't have any thing nintendo can detect that you did offline with emunand.

A lot of people care more about going online with an unhacked sysnand, while hacking offline in emunand than they do about the hoarded untethered hacks.

With the layeredFS you can redirect whatever you want, to wherever you want. So it would seem likely that the Atmosphere files that need to be loaded can be run time linked in without having to permanently modify sysnand.

They are more likely worried that something will get corrupted by accident, or you'll get banned if you reboot without atmosphere and then go online.

But there is also the argument that some people don't want to upgrade past 4.1, but having emunand means they can boot a later firmware.

At the moment everyone who can afford a large enough SD card is catered for, in the future those people who don't want emunand will also be catered for.
Define "large enough", I am currently stuck with 64GB

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
640K ought to be enough for anyone - Bill gates

"Gates himself has strenuously denied making the comment. In a newspaper column that he wrote in the mid-1990s, Gates responded to a student's question about the quote: "I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time." Later in the column, he added, "I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again.""

FWIW the designers didn't want to use the 8088, but for cost reasons they had to go for a CPU with an 8 bit data bus. The 8088 was a version of the 8086 that was designed for that purpose. But the 68008, which was the 8 bit bus version of the 68000 wasn't available in 1981. IBM liked the 68000, they even had Motorola create a version with a custom microcode to create a desktop mainframe.

Nobody really expected the original PC to be the basis for the standard, it was only meant to compete with the Apple 2 and sell a few thousand & maybe stick a terminal card in so you can hook it up to your IBM mainframe.

By 1985 Microsoft were selling a card for the PC that allowed you to expand it beyond 640k, so if someone made up that quote after 1985 it makes no sense whatsoever

Last edited by smf,

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Gates himself has strenuously denied making the comment. In a newspaper column that he wrote in the mid-1990s, Gates responded to a student's question about the quote: "I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time." Later in the column, he added, "I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again.""

FWIW the designers didn't want to use the 8088, but for cost reasons they had to go for a CPU with an 8 bit data bus. The 8088 was a version of the 8086 that was designed for that purpose. But the 68008, which was the 8 bit bus version of the 68000 wasn't available in 1981.

Nobody really expected the original PC to be the basis for the standard, it was only meant to compete with the Apple 2 and sell a few thousand & maybe stick a terminal card in so you can hook it up to your IBM mainframe.

By 1985 Microsoft were selling a card for the PC that allowed you to expand it beyond 640k, so if someone made up that quote after 1985 it makes no sense whatsoever
I know, its always fun to bring up :)

mowsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making up quotes isn't nice to the person you're making up quotes about, or the people who might read it and believe it.

It's essentially trolling.

mmmm i would argue that the light hearted humorous nature of the post plus the fact that the context was a joke and not related to ram allowance but rather actual memory storage, i'd say we can let him slide.

Reactions: cearp

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, it seems that all YouTube does to make it start at a specific time stamp is add ?t=XmYs at the end of the URL. Maybe just try clicking the share button to generate a URL? I'm using Vivaldi right now because Chrome got fucked by a virus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1