Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

D

Deleted User

Sorry for bringing the bad news, but it'll take a while for a new release to happen due to libnx changes.
View attachment 158375

Non-BYOK is here and it's a good thing (even if most of us can't enjoy it just yet), but we'll all have to wait a bit more.

EDIT: Welp, ninja'd by the man himself!
A little bit more means 2 weeks...? or 15th June...?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A little bit more means 2 weeks...? or 15th June...?

Given I'm literally seeing commit after commit, I'ld say later today/tomorrow is safe

edit: I'm not a dev and don't speak for Scires, I'm literally going off my own observations

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I really feel like i should convert from ReiNX to Atmosphere as that way i will surely get everything i "need" much quicker... Is there any caveats to Switching though?

I may just backup my SD and try!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably a part of it, he's still pushing commits. I don't think we have to wait that much tho, we just need to have patience.
damnit tho i need to sleep because i have an exam tomorrow but i don't want to miss the release either

Patience is a Virtue... also waiting is probably better incase there is something funky in the code

I really feel like i should convert from ReiNX to Atmosphere as that way i will surely get everything i "need" much quicker... Is there any caveats to Switching though?

Good luck getting backup support in reswitched

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

If you have any custom KIPs/modules, check that they are supported by both (for example, Freebird is unstable in Atmosphère). If you have "less than legit" games, AMS doesn't include sigpatches by default so you'll have to get them yourself from here.

Other than that, there really isn't much else to say! If you want you may even set up Hekate to dual boot ReiNX and AMS so you can keep both :P

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have any custom KIPs/modules, check that they are supported by both (for example, Freebird is unstable in Atmosphère). If you have "less than legit" games, AMS doesn't include sigpatches by default so you'll have to get them yourself from here.

Other than that, there really isn't much else to say! If you want you may even set up Hekate to dual boot ReiNX and AMS so you can keep both :P

I've just been using ReiNX as it came in one of those AIO packages ready to copy to SD card. I'm now realising i could probably have a better setup, seems Hekate may be a good shout as it will let me power off if i ever really require too.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can confirm that latest atmos builds just fine and runs just fine on 6.2.0 (can't build it for 7.0.0 because I don't have dem keys)

if only I knew which ones where what

edit: I also get this with the latest commit

C:/projects/switchbrew/Atmosphere/stratosphere/loader/source/ldr_main.cpp: In function 'void __appInit()':
C:/projects/switchbrew/Atmosphere/stratosphere/loader/source/ldr_main.cpp:62:5: error: 'SetFirmwareVersionForLibnx' was not declared in this scope
SetFirmwareVersionForLibnx();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/projects/switchbrew/Atmosphere/stratosphere/loader/source/ldr_main.cpp:62:5: note: suggested alternative: 'FirmwareVersion_Min'
SetFirmwareVersionForLibnx();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FirmwareVersion_Min
make[3]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/base_rules:14: ldr_main.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Makefile:125: build] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/c/projects/switchbrew/Atmosphere/stratosphere/loader'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:10: loader] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/c/projects/switchbrew/Atmosphere/stratosphere'
make: *** [Makefile:20: stratosphere] Error 2

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess