Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't want to give any false hopes but maybe, just maybe, it could happen sooner.
Afterall SciresM told he was done with sept and only small things had to be made before a release would happen :P

I think he's resting now, after almost 24hs of nonstop coding lol

Maybe tomorrow he will resume work.

D

Deleted User

@ZachyCatGames so how much time he give the testers like yourself to test before he rolls out his next release. I seen you mention you had done some testing on atmos in other threads?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ZachyCatGames so how much time he give the testers like yourself to test before he rolls out his next release. I seen you mention you had done some testing on atmos in other threads?
He doesn’t give me anything :P. I compile it myself

edit: I almost never use release builds of atmos, any time a feature I think is cool gets added I compile it myself :P

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

@ZachyCatGames Thanks for the answer. I am running 7.0.1 I wanted to upgrade to play tetris 99 and other stuff but I have prepped my switch for new atmos release. Would love do the same like compile the code but I wait for release. maybe future builds I will compile the code

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ZachyCatGames Thanks for the answer. I am running 7.0.1 I wanted to upgrade to play tetris 99 and other stuff but I have prepped my switch for new atmos release. Would love do the same like compile the code but I wait for release. maybe future builds I will compile the code
Eh, it's probably not going to happen unless either:
  • fusee/sept stay the same, or
  • You downgrade to a lower, pre-7.0.0 firmware
The issue is with sept itself, it needs to be signed with the proper keys in order to work. Release builds will have it pre-signed so this effectively makes it a non-BYOK solution for regular users, however if you compile it yourself you're still going to need the keys to properly sign and run it on your Switch.

That said, fusee doesn't get changed that many times (and I think sept won't get either) so you should be able to compile and test a few yourself in the future but again, only time will tell.

Last edited by RattletraPM,
D

Deleted User

Eh, it's probably not going to happen unless either:
  • fusee/sept stay the same, or
  • You downgrade to a lower, pre-7.0.0 firmware
The issue is with sept itself, it needs to be signed with the proper keys in order to work. Release builds will have it pre-encrypted so this effectively makes it a non-BYOK solution for regular users, however if you compile it yourself you're still going to need the keys to properly sign and run it on your Switch.

That said, fusee doesn't get changed that many times (and I think sept won't get either) so you should be able to compile and test a few yourself in the future but again, only time will tell.

Many Thanks I stay legit for a while and buy some games until Atmos is ready

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could share a build of it, but it wouldn’t be usable on 7.0.0 (I don’t have dem keys :( )

D

Deleted User

ok that was surreal last two pages kinda feel like a live commentary of CFW dev in progress lol

alba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i think it will be released soon

# Changelog
## 0.8.4
+ Support for 7.0.0/7.0.1 was added.
+ This is facilitated through a new payload, `sept`, which can be signed, encrypted, and then loaded by Nintendo's TSEC firmware.
+ `sept` will derive the keys needed to boot new firmware, and then load `sept/payload.bin` off the SD card and jump to it.
+ Recognition of applications for override/mitm has been improved.
+ Nintendo's official Title ID range (`0x0100000000000000`-`0x01FFFFFFFFFFFFFF`) is now enforced.
+ A deadlock condition was fixed involving libstratosphere mitm sysmodules.
+ `set.mitm` and `fs.mitm` were merged into a single `ams_mitm` sysmodule.
+ This saves a process ID, allowing users to run one additional process up to the 0x40 process limit.
+ A `bpc.mitm` component was added, performing custom behavior on shutdown/reboot requests from `am` or applications.
+ Performing a reboot from the reboot menu now reboots to atmosphere. This can be configured via `system_settings.ini`.
+ Performing a shutdown from the reboot menu now works properly with AutoRCM, and does a real shutdown.
+ General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1