Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
No, it's obvious. I did a very similar thing last year.

It's annoying though, I hate splash screens & now I'm going to be stuck with one.

TX will now have to dump the key themselves or buy it from someone.

well, it is the least you have to endure for having cfw support for 7.0. But i guess people who dont like splascreen will find the way.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But you only will see this screen only the first time you inject the payload, then just go into sleep mode, at least I'm missing something...
The splash screen will only be visible the first time you push the payload, yes (and any time you need to load fusee again, like rebooting - but not in sleep mode or anything like that)
Plus, before anyone screams "but SciresM obviously did it to stop <insert CFW here>!" then let me tell you: if there wasn't a splash screen then there'd be console output just like with fusee stage1/2, there's evidence on the Discord if you want, meaning there'd still be a string saying "Welcome to sept!" to let the user know it's running. The boot screen was only put in to make things nicer.

Also no, before anyone asks, it doesn't slow down the boot process.

Last edited by RattletraPM,
Reactions: natkoden

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If we make a new build it will already work for 7.0.1 and 7.0.0? Or do we have to wait for the 0.84?
No, it will not work right now. We all need to wait for 0.8.4 unless you somehow got the keys needed for signing sept (in that case happy early June 15... June 14 maybe?)

EDIT: plz stop ninjaing me thx

Reactions: Flow4all

Flow4all

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, it will not work right now. We all need to wait for 0.8.4 unless you somehow got the keys needed for signing sept (in that case happy early June 15... June 14 maybe?)

EDIT: plz stop ninjaing me thx

Thank you so much for your anwser, what happen with SX? I am reading something about they're fucked? XD

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope its today because I really need to put CFW on a new 7.0.1 to transfer my saves, as I have to sell the old one
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was today :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you so much for your anwser, what happen with SX? I am reading something about they're fucked? XD
SX will have an atmosphere splashscreen in their next update lol. it’ll probably be updated in 1-3 weeks

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So cool. That is what I understood here:

"Performing a shutdown from the reboot menu now works properly with AutoRCM, and does a real shutdown."

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So cool. That is what I understood here:

"Performing a shutdown from the reboot menu now works properly with AutoRCM, and does a real shutdown."

but you're well past the injection at that point... but if you don't push any payloads, that means you're in RCM mode.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plus, before anyone screams "but SciresM obviously did it to stop <insert CFW here>!" then let me tell you: if there wasn't a splash screen then there'd be console output just like with fusee stage1/2, there's evidence on the Discord if you want, meaning there'd still be a string saying "Welcome to sept!" to let the user know it's running. The boot screen was only put in to make things nicer.

They didn't need to make sept output anything at all

Also no, before anyone asks, it doesn't slow down the boot process.

That sounds impossible. Just loading and decrypting the extra data will be slower. Maybe it's so fast that it's irrelevant, but it has to slow it down.

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
but you're well past the injection at that point... but if you don't push any payloads, that means you're in RCM mode.

Yes, I meant once the cfw has been booted. I think that right now the only option is to go again into rcm, inject the payload and power off. But it seems that we will be able to power off without doing this.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They didn't need to make sept output anything at all
So if it doesn't get loaded or something won't work people can get even more confused than they may already be?

That sounds impossible. Just loading and decrypting the extra data will be slower. Maybe it's so fast that it's irrelevant, but it has to slow it down.
If you're talking incredibly small amounts of time then yes it does, but we're talking a very small fraction of a second here. Again, the image is already so shrunken down that decompressing & showing it onscreen is basically instant to the human eye.

I can kinda see why someone wouldn't want a splash screen to be honest but hey, if you're upset because your Switch takes 0.046 seconds more than without it then I don't know what to tell you.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So if it doesn't get loaded or something won't work people can get even more confused than they may already be?

If you're talking incredibly small amounts of time then yes it does, but we're talking a very small fraction of a second here. Again, the image is already so shrunken down that decompressing & showing it onscreen is basically instant to the human eye.

I can kinda see why someone wouldn't want a splash screen to be honest but hey, if you're upset because your Switch takes 0.046 seconds more than without it then I don't know what to tell you.

That's unacceptable... buying SX OS as we speak.

D

Deleted User

url

Atmospherè 0.8.4 is almost here that i can almos taste it... *slurp*

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...