Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F-G is putting the onus on the user to not fuck up. (aka. don't upgrade to 5.x)
Actually SciresM has stated the public release of atmosphere in summer will come with F-G and support all firmwares, but firmwares above 4.1.0 will be "less convenient". What exactly that entails is currently unknown, but it will support 5.x+

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually SciresM has stated the public release of atmosphere in summer will come with F-G and support all firmwares, but firmwares above 4.1.0 will be "less convenient". What exactly that entails is currently unknown, but it will support 5.x+

I know it will. :P

Its more that I misread what you wrote, and was a point on why 5.0 will be less convenient. Its going to be something in/on the users' hands. Convenience for Kate, is different from "I read this on the internet, how hard could it be". :P

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it will. [emoji14]

Its more that I misread what you wrote, and was a point on why 5.0 will be less convenient. Its going to be something in/on the users' hands. Convenience for Kate, is different from "I read this on the internet, how hard could it be". :P
Yeah for all we know the "less convenient" method is hardmod. Either way I'm staying on 4.1.0. I have plenty of games to last until release

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, dang. Then it's time to buy a 128GB SD Card for emuNAND which is probably very expensive. I use my 64GB for the Wii U with apps on it and to launch homebrew etc.
On the upside, I can store more games on the 128GB card.

EDIT: It has to be microSD?

Last edited by thekarter104,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for all we know the "less convenient" method is hardmod. Either way I'm staying on 4.1.0. I have plenty of games to last until release

I doubt it, its probably just a matter of unmounting the NAND and flashing it (or flashing it in some fashion on board but while screwing with the system's boot through USB power or some such), and then you screw up the boot into whatever you flashed.

Its probably fairly straight forward and not scary for the usual power user, but it will likely be 'inconvenient' for the general user and not something they'd really want to do (people are usually scared of even opening their hardware) but all the same not worth jumping through hoops to buy multiple 300$ devices. You screw up in the flash, you brick the system. /shrug

We'll have more details when the disclosure window is up on her report.

Last edited by V-Temp,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, its probably just a matter of unmounting the NAND and flashing it (or flashing it in some fashion on board but while screwing with the system's boot through USB power or some such), and then you screw up the boot into whatever you flashed.

Its probably fairly straight forward and not scary for the usual power user, but it will likely be 'inconvenient' for the general user and not something they'd really want to do (people are usually scared of even opening their hardware) but all the same not worth jumping through hoops to buy multiple 300$ devices. You screw up in the flash, you brick the system. /shrug

Doesn't flashing nand entail hardmod? Any kind of physical modification, even if temporary, counts as a hardmod.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So like

A hardware modification

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, dang. Then it's time to buy a 128GB SD Card for emuNAND which is probably very expensive. I use my 64GB for the Wii U with apps on it and to launch homebrew etc.
On the upside, I can store more games on the 128GB card.

EDIT: It has to be microSD?

Yes I have the same question. Does it have to be microSD? Or is everyone just using microSD because it's less expensive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1