Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

xellspooun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excuse my question for being silly, but Atmosphere-NX is based on linux, android or will it be something entirely different?

If it is based on linux or android, that means that we will be able to run linux/android apps on our CFW'ed devices?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Excuse my question for being silly, but Atmosphere-NX is based on linux, android or will it be something entirely different?

If it is based on linux or android, that means that we will be able to run linux/android apps on our CFW'ed devices?
It’s not an entirely new operating system. It patches the official system software.

xellspooun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It’s not an entirely new operating system. It patches the official system software.

So in order for an app to be compatible with Atmopshere-NX, that means that the app must be specifically created for Atmosphere-NX?

The reason I am asking is cause it would be great if we could use the Moonlight app or the upcoming Steam Link app in order to stream our pc games directly on Switch. :)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So in order for an app to be compatible with Atmopshere-NX, that means that the app must be specifically created for Atmosphere-NX?

The reason I am asking is cause it would be great if we could use the Moonlight app or the upcoming Steam Link app in order to stream our pc games directly on Switch. :)
It will have to be Switch homebrew specifically.

You can already install Linux if you want to use Linux applications, though you will be limited to ARM Tegra stuff.

Tanmays007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Atmosphere-NX is an exact copy of the Switch OS but with patches made to remove all security checks & run/inject unsigned code, think of it as another copy of your Windows 10 installation which is installed separately on a pen drive but has all security features removed to run unsigned code.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get why people think this will be a pain in regards being a tethered boot. For one I can't remember the last time I cold booted my system. It's sat in the dock in sleep mode currently.. the only time I cold boot is for an update.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't get why people think this will be a pain in regards being a tethered boot. For one I can't remember the last time I cold booted my system. It's sat in the dock in sleep mode currently.. the only time I cold boot is for an update.
I can only imagine that people only exposed to the Nintendo side of the scene assume that untethered is somehow the norm after we were spoilt by the excellent 3DS exploits. Untethered exploits are the exception and people need to understand this.

I don’t think people quite appreciate what a huge deal fusee gelee is. A boot time exploit so early in the life of the scene? Crazy.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine signing up for Switch 20 dollar online service, then use CFW, and get banned! Do you think Nintendo would give out a refund? :P If not, that would sure suck.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they know you have CFW, there's 0% chance they'll refund.

I can't wait for Nintendo to be dicks, and only ban your Switch online after you bought their online service, just as a middle finger, and to take your money.
Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if you were to file a charge back dispute against Nintendo, if this were the case?

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if a app could be developed like on the ps3 (psnpatch) that disables cfw syscalls until reboot & clears execution history before going online. Just a speculation, I have no idea on the inner working of the switch operating system. Maybe someone with more knowledge could shed some light on this if it could ever be possible?

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly getting into RCM using a jig and running payloads off an android phone takes me maybe max 20 seconds, it's really a very minor inconvenience as opposed to losing online access. Given a choice between an untethered boot vs keeping your console safe from online bans, the answer should really be obvious for any gamer. The online services is only beginning to get better and I'm certain it will become an essential part of most multiplayer games soon.
Well, we don't technically know that running a CFW is still 100% safe. I wholeheartedly believe that Scires is making CFW as undetectable as possible so he and everyone else can use their hacked 'mons online, but no one can say for sure if we will or will not get banned for using Atmosphere.

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere-NX is an exact copy of the Switch OS but with patches made to remove all security checks & run/inject unsigned code, think of it as another copy of your Windows 10 installation which is installed separately on a pen drive but has all security features removed to run unsigned code.

Now that I think about it.. Are E-fuses being blown to prevent downgrading when using an updated firmware still a potential problem when installing CFW to emunand? Asking for a 1.0 switch

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it.. Are E-fuses being blown to prevent downgrading when using an updated firmware still a potential problem when installing CFW to emunand? Asking for a 1.0 switch
I remember reading somewhere that they had figured out how to spoof it or something. I think he actually somehow messed up once and actually made it so that it wouldn't even check for the fuses. I'm sure someone else in here can find the exact quote. I'll look for it

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Then you will probably end up spending a lot more than $20. They don't have to be right, they just have to have more lawyers than you.
A chargeback dispute is done through the customer service on your credit card, no lawyers required.

I remember reading somewhere that they had figured out how to spoof it or something. I think he actually somehow messed up once and actually made it so that it wouldn't even check for the fuses. I'm sure someone else in here can find the exact quote. I'll look for it
SciresM and team have made code that ignores the fuse check, won't be a problem. In fact, SciresM actually burned all 32 of his fuses in his Switch yet is still using and developing CFW on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    I don't trust them lol
    Hmmm probably because reasons...
    Ohhh don't touch them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 750 days lol