Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Dinko1310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
After i updated my Switch to Firmware 13.1.0 i updatd Atmosphere but when i start a game i receive the "a new update i available it will download now" massage. What am i doing wrong?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just saw it ;) have no idea what GDBstub is ? can someone explain please ? ;)

Taken from Atmosphere's Roadmap:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/roadmap.md#dmntgen2-reimplementation

Atmosphere's Roadmap said:
dmnt.gen2 implementation:
  • Description: A reimplementation of the Switch's debug monitor, dmnt will provide an interface for debugging applications or system modules running on the Switch. This will include a gdbstub for debugging actively-running system components or applications.
  • Development Status: Planned
  • Estimated Time: 2021-2022

Basically it's a debugger of sorts.
Nothing the end user would use or find a use for tbh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM , I'm going to donate to you next month. I haven't used atmosphere, but a lot of people love it. I'm doing this to show appreciation to developers. I haven't even hacked my switches (own 4), just not interested myself. it won't be much, probably $15. I'll contact you via pm closer to when the month is up to get your paypal address or however you want me to send it.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy June 15th twice!

@SciresM , I'm going to donate to you next month. I haven't used atmosphere, but a lot of people love it. I'm doing this to show appreciation to developers. I haven't even hacked my switches (own 4), just not interested myself. it won't be much, probably $15. I'll contact you via pm closer to when the month is up to get your paypal address or however you want me to send it.

I appreciate the thought, but I don't accept compensation of any kind, including donations.

Consider donating to the EFF (my charity of choice), if you feel you want to contribute in some way meaningful to me, but otherwise don't worry about it.

Atmosphere is free.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy June 15th twice!

I appreciate the thought, but I don't accept compensation of any kind, including donations.

Consider donating to the EFF (my charity of choice), if you feel you want to contribute in some way meaningful to me, but otherwise don't worry about it.

Atmosphere is free.
you're a kind soul. I may one day try atmosphere as I have an older switch, but right now, I'm okay with things. ;)

Reactions: hippy dave

metalpsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hi, i dont know where to post this so im writing here, my atmosphere is AMS 0.10.3 i think(it says so in system menu) its been a year since i touched my switch and kinda forgot how to update it, the firmware is 9.2 rn and i want to play the new games with 10+ firmware. what is this fusee primary and fusee thing? is there any guide on how to update atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i dont know where to post this so im writing here, my atmosphere is AMS 0.10.3 i think(it says so in system menu) its been a year since i touched my switch and kinda forgot how to update it, the firmware is 9.2 rn and i want to play the new games with 10+ firmware. what is this fusee primary and fusee thing? is there any guide on how to update atmosphere?
Fusee-primary is the default payload used to launch Atmosphere. Recently, it was renamed to just fusee. And updating Atmosphere is as simple as deleting the old CFW files/folders then putting the new ones on the SD card.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the battery dying issue still exists that causes the switch to become unbootable while in emunand?

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm also quite rusty. I'm running FW 11.0.0 Atmosphere 1.2.4) currently, trying to run ChoiDujourNX to upgrade to the latest version, but it's crashing when I'm trying to launch it.

I downloaded the latest ChoiDujourNX, the latest Atmosphere release, copied them over, also replaced the new fusee.bin and wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...