Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea. Welcome to last week. This is known already. Just as you say, we dont have to do stupid crap like replacing the existing games. In fact, the only reason CaVE took the time it did to come out of beta was because I was trying to make sure that Local Multiplayer was as well supported as possible.

For Pokemon games and trading, all you have to do is input the Code value of the other Pokemon games under "Compatible Titles".
Where do I find the code value of the other games? I injected pokemon and the colors aren't quite right when selecting Game Boy Color style

Last edited by b17bomber,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I find the code value of the other games? I injected pokemon and the colors aren't quite right when selecting Game Boy Color style

You find them in CaVE by adding them to your database,

THIS IS NOT INJECTION. Stop using that term people...

If you dont like the colors, oh well. There's nothing you can do that I know of right now.

Efraim27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's linked under the Help menu. N64 Compatibility List.

RomOption:
InitWith480P
ScanlineCalculateMode: Special + ScanlineDefaultValue: 10 (adjust the number from there)

RendererSetting:
CanvasWidth+CanvasHeight (if you know the exact resolution it renders at. This can be different per each game, and does not follow normal resolutions)

These are just guesses as these options sometimes effect how the image fits. But be prepared for nothing to work. Despite all these settings available, the N64 emu is not 100% compatible as is and just requiring figuring out the right settings. Nintendo often has to write new code to support the games they release.
Exactly, nothing works. The NTSC rom have correct resolution, can be PAL uncompatibility or memory adresses related?

BTW, ty a lot for this fantastic software

SusThor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great App! Used it to make a DB of 10 games for GBA.

Every time I open the app all games are marked as new and not in the order I moved them to. I know this is more of a NSO app question than Cave, but any ideas how to persist the way I lay out the games?

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How do mods work? Where do I put the romfs mod folder?

Okay, I figured it out. The N64 widescreen mod seems to just stretch the screen. Is there a way to have true widescreen like you can with Mupen64Plus?

Last edited by regnad,

Loker0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
How can I fix that custom roms that have bugs or dont boot? I tried that roms in a emulator in pc and works pretty well, but in the SNES online dont. I must config something?

EoZ090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi! I've got running Pokemon Stadium 2 PAL, but the screen looks a bit zoomed cutting bottom text:

srpUtro.jpg
mVJXYxD.jpg

How I can fix it? Here is my .dtz:

.meta

Code:
{
    "Hardware": "NUS",
    "TitleCode": "00_XXXXXX.000",
    "DataVersion": "1.0.0",
    "OptionInfo": {
        "SndSampleRate": 32005,
        "PAL": 1
    }
}

.cfg

Code:
{
    "RomOption": {
        "TickPerInst": 8,
        "BackupType": "FLASH",
        "SIDevice_PakType": "N64 Transfer Pak"
    },
    "RSP" :    {
    },
    "Idle": [
        {
            "Comment": "Required for the game to boot.",
            "JmpAddr": "0x80001510",
            "JmpInst": "0x1000FFFF",
            "IsIdle": "0x1"
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035660",
            "JmpInst": "0x504AFFFF",
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035614",
            "JmpInst": "0x5208FFFF",
        }
    ],  
    "SpecialInst" :    [
    ],
    "RendererSetting" : {
        "CopyInMiddle": 1
    }      
}

Thanks!
Hi ! Could you share the metapack? because I can't run the pal version :( a black screen happens

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country

Every time I open the app all games are marked as new and not in the order I moved them to. I know this is more of a NSO app question than Cave, but any ideas how to persist the way I lay out the games?
the new will go away after you revealed them then played 1 game

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm having this issue with my created database that when I start NSOGBA after the switch logo I got a black screen and this one after that so I need any advise of what could be happening or if is a problem of roms amount in the database
Post automatically merged:

This is the message in question

IMG_20230306_165507.jpg
this one here

Last edited by zorokenshi,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord... I dont check on the thread in a few days and... ugg... Well, here goes...

Sounds like an issue with the apps save file. This is not an issue I have heard of before. Maybe your internal storage is full? IDK... I just know that games are only marked as new when they arent previously marked in the save file.

How do mods work? Where do I put the romfs mod folder?

Okay, I figured it out. The N64 widescreen mod seems to just stretch the screen. Is there a way to have true widescreen like you can with Mupen64Plus?

The widescreen mod is meant to be used in conjunction with widescreen patches for different ROMs. Otherwise, yes. It just stretches the screen.

This is why I only provide a widescreen mod for N64 and nothing else. N64 games, being 3D, are able to havethe camera hacked into a a true 16:9 output.

How can I fix that custom roms that have bugs or dont boot? I tried that roms in a emulator in pc and works pretty well, but in the SNES online dont. I must config something?

It depends on the game. Most SNES games DO boot. Even hacks.

The exceptions are generally... well, most often a hack that wont boot is a ExHiROM (over 4MB). Only 3 games have officially been released as ExHiROM, all unlikely to see release on NSO. So its not worth it for them to support the format. One being Tales of Phantasia, which you can use a ExLoROM conversion patch (Robin64s patch pack linked from my website) for. Another being Trials of Mana (an official EN translation), which you can just use the old Neil Corrlete English patch for (its under 4MB).

After that, maybe the game uses a special chip that isnt supported, or properly selected when you make the SFROM.

Then... maybe a few hacks here and there dont work, but I cant possibly say why. Could be a limitation of canoe, or could be a poorly made (generally old shitty ZSNES supporting only hack).

I'm having this issue with my created database that when I start NSOGBA after the switch logo I got a black screen and this one after that so I need any advise of what could be happening or if is a problem of roms amount in the database

This is the message in question

View attachment 357510this one here

I had this error too recently after updating my firmwares. I was linked this thread to understand and fix it.

Hi, I tried to edit the details but it says meta_title_comment

What did I do wrong?

Just as hippy dave said. This is most often a issue where your Switchs locale is different from what you have set in CaVE. CaVE defaults to English.

Chop1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord... I dont check on the thread in a few days and... ugg... Well, here goes...
Any idea what the deal with NSO GBA hacks that won't load might be? No black screen, no nothing, just makes the selection noise and does nothing. I've tried loading both the translation+QoL patches for FE6 and FE8. They work fine on any other emulator.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what the deal with NSO GBA hacks that won't load might be? No black screen, no nothing, just makes the selection noise and does nothing. I've tried loading both the translation+QoL patches for FE6 and FE8. They work fine on any other emulator.

Id first refer you to this response to a similar sounding FETBB issue (no clue if thats #6, #8 or something else.)

Beyond that... I have no idea. I have not explored GBA compatibility. Its not something like SNES which I am passionate about, or N64 which required me to reverse engineer the DTZ format for games to boot at all. Most games work, some dont. NERD makes these emus to be good enough for what Nintendo officially releases. Anything that works beyond that is just extra.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,
Reactions: Chop1n

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The widescreen mod is meant to be used in conjunction with widescreen patches for different ROMs. Otherwise, yes. It just stretches the screen.

This is why I only provide a widescreen mod for N64 and nothing else. N64 games, being 3D, are able to havethe camera hacked into a a true 16:9 output.

Which widescreen patches are you referring to please.

I think I found the link revered to in this post but it’s dead.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cave-da...nline-modding-app.551466/page-36#post-9644528

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1