Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
I got them from someone on discord who get them at xbins, so I didn't actually extract them. Do you have a pending update on your Switch? If so, you have them on your SD card.

Yo - any chance you could let me know the non IRC/FTP link. I really can't be bothered downloading obsolete software to download stuff =__=

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
After using choidujour to get to 5.1,
How do I get an exfat update ?

Why does it keep loading to horizon?
Why does cfw option is no longer available when i choose “launch firmware” as it only giving me option to “stock-dangerous” and “preventGCupdate”?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because your hekate_ipl.ini was overwritten with a "safe" one in case you upgraded from a pre 4.0.0 firmware to 4.0.0+
The original one was renamed to hekate_ipl.ini.bak, so just rename it back, but you might have to edit some sections to add kip1patch=nogc if you indeed did upgrade from < 4.0.0 to 4.0.0+ and want to keep your gamecart controller firmware un-updated.

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
Because your hekate_ipl.ini was overwritten with a "safe" one in case you upgraded from a pre 4.0.0 firmware to 4.0.0+
The original one was renamed to hekate_ipl.ini.bak, so just rename it back, but you might have to edit some sections to add kip1patch=nogc if you indeed did upgrade from < 4.0.0 to 4.0.0+ and want to keep your gamecart controller firmware un-updated.
How can I know that my slot haven’t updated ?
Because once I choose the “stock” option

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like the other thread, but I do have some minor questions (not criticism this time)
I'm on 5.1.0, and I'm unclear if I can use this to "downgrade" so to speak to 3.0.0 or the like, can I?
If so, any gained benefit, or lost usage? (I seem to gather that it affects the gamecard slot?)

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's kinda no benefit in running older firmwares (if you aren't a developer, i use it to test stuff on all firmwares all the time) if you have to run them through an alternative bootloader anyway (because your fuses are burned past their required number)

Reactions: Echoing_Mediocrity

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's kinda no benefit in running older firmwares (if you aren't a developer, i use it to test stuff on all firmwares all the time) if you have to run them through an alternative bootloader anyway (because your fuses are burned past their required number)

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up for me!

I simply remembered there being a notion that being on 3.0.0 was ideal as it was supposed to get cold boot first or something to that effect, but things seemingly get retconned as development goes forward lol.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it would be ideal... if you could boot it using the nintendo bootloader. But you cant. As youve already burned your fuses past 3.

Last edited by rajkosto,

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel dumb for not seeing the obvious there with the fuses.

Even though I recall going from 3.0.0 directly to 5.1.0 which I've read somewhere else that 5.1.0 didn't burn any additional fuses (I'm assuming in retrospect they meant from 5.0 to 5.1 and not in general) that might be why I didn't think of that.

Niorgio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your cartridge reader firmware got updated, so it will no longer work on < 4.0.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

stop booting with kip1patch=nogc, as you dont need it because your cart reader is already updated

it's ok I finish to config my switch. Everything works as expected in 5.1.0. A big thank to you rajkosto, for your work and your availability. It does not matter for updating my cardbridge reader, I hope it will not stop me from enjoying the untethered exploit when it becomes available. It takes many testers to provide the safest solution possible, I will have contributed a little bit. Again thank you and see you soon for new adventures!

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?? If you installed exfat firmware, then exfat formatted microsds should work. Unless you are somehow overriding your FS.kip1 to the non-exfat version, in which case you should stop.

Hmm I'm not doing that, I don't think....

I'm using:

payload:
- hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin
- hekate_fspatches_v3.bin

hekate_ipl.ini:
[CFW + Signature Patches]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1patch=nogc

Neither of the bins allow my 128GB exFAT microSD to be read

Am I just missing something?

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah definitely.

Every time I restart, I hit the home button, screen goes black and then an 'Unable to access microSD card' screen pops up

Last edited by coned_miro,

johnybjb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could use some help. Running on SX OS (never installed homebrew), added ChoiDujourNXv101 to /switch/ folder. Extracted NX-5.1.0 to folder in root.
These attempts to run ChoiDujourNX fail with black screen:
(1) Using SX OS payload, navigating to homebrew tab - launching the app
(2) Adding the following files to root (Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases)) then using SX OS payload, same as above
(3) Using this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/) downloading SDFilesV61.zip, extracting to root of SD. Using hekati-ipl-50x payload.bin, launch CFW, then running homebrew app. Doesnt open show what looks like a loading bar but freezes)
(4) Using SX OS payload, navigating to homebrew tab - launching the app. Or Launching Homebrew app, same result as (3)

Help would be appreciated. THanks

Ruttedbeez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrade from 3.0.1 to 5.1 no issues. Is there a way to go back without a nand backup and use Nintendo bootloader. Incase if the eventual cooldboot option. Nand backup didnt extract correctly, I didnt notice until after I updated.

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked beforehand using my 32 gig microSD, ripped the 5.0.2 update from an Octopath Traveler xbin, and then used the exFAT 5.0.2 update with ChoiDujourNX and have since only been able to boot using fat32 cards, no exfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!