Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
madridi4ever said:
Now that's what I call weird
Cydia is showing SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1 .. just now..

Maybe it saved a while back and its just reporting it? or got it somehow when I connected with umbrella? I donno but I have it now lol
Perhaps. But Apple is still handing out SHSHs for iOS 4.0.1 since they love jailbreakers (
rolleyes.gif
), so it's possible Cydia saved it recently.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
i have iphone 4/4.0.1

how do i get rid of cydia,only option to restore or can i update to new iOS to get rid of it

(dont want to lose the apps etc)

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
LocoRoco said:
i have iphone 4/4.0.1

how do i get rid of cydia,only option to restore or can i update to new iOS to get rid of it

No idea why you would want to do that, but if you upgrade to 4.0.2 you will lose the jailbreak and also the ability to jailbreak, only thing 4.0.2 adds is the pdf patch which can be obtained easily from Cydia. If you upgrade, I think that when you update from a jailbroken device you lose everything but not 100% sure on that, just create a itunes backup and restore it when you update.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
LocoRoco said:
i have iphone 4/4.0.1

No idea why you would want to do that, but if you upgrade to 4.0.2 you will lose the jailbreak and also the ability to jailbreak, only thing 4.0.2 adds is the pdf patch which can be obtained easily from Cydia. If you upgrade, I think that when you update from a jailbroken device you lose everything but not 100% sure on that, just create a itunes backup and restore it when you update.

Thanks

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will soon have an ipod touch 8gb 1g. my itunes is 9.2.1.5. what would be the easiest and safest way to jailbreak and does it matter what firmware the ipod touch has? thanks, i'm new to this so i wanted to be sure

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The last firmware for the iPod touch 1G is 3.1.3, which can be jailbroken by Star.

Remember to install "PDF Patch" after you jailbreak, so you're more protected as you surf the web!
smile.gif

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you add how to jailbreak 2.1.x i believe....trying to jailbreak my co-workers phones and one of them is still on that firmware or is there a way i can update it without the use of itunes or the internet

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Could you add how to jailbreak 2.1.x i believe....trying to jailbreak my co-workers phones and one of them is still on that firmware or is there a way i can update it without the use of itunes or the internet
On it!
smile.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh... didn't notice that.
blink.gif
Unfortunately, an installation of iTunes is going to be necessary since iTunes contains the drivers for iDevices.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
so it isn't possible to jailbreak a iphone with 2.1.x or are you saying its impossible to update without itunes.....if the latter is what you are trying to say then can i update without internet then

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm....Could you add in you can Jailbreak the iPod Touch 2G on Firmware 4.0.2 without downgrading with Redsn0w?
happy.gif

It has to be early models, I believe. Not the MC models. If I'm incorrect please let me know.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to jailbreak an iPhone running 2.1, but... I would really recommend updating; as I was working on the guide, it turns out the old jailbreaking tool (QuickPwn) doesn't play nicely with the latest version of iTunes, so I was running into some trouble in my VM. Go figure.
dry.gif

If you wish to update without an Internet connection, the latest version you can upgrade to is 3.0.1. Download the 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares (links may be found from The iPhone Wiki). In iTunes, either Option-Click (for Macs) or Shift-Click (for Windows) the "Update" button. Now, browse to the 3.0.1 firmware you downloaded, and wait for iTunes to finish the update.

From there, you can jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8. I have updated the guide to include instructions for redsn0w 0.8. The screenshots are still from redsn0w 0.9.4, but redsn0w's UI has barely changed since its inception, so I'm quite sure you can still follow along.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
dont worry you cant do anything to screw up your phone software wise ..
A simple restore (while wipes out everything) returns your phone back to normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol