Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning to not get your hopes up. Wouldn't be surprised if it were fake.

That said, I don't think small things like MK8 space issues or old YouTube branding are themselves enough to debunk it - it's fairly well done.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
320px-Nintendo_Switch_Logo.png
A few hours ago, a YouTube channel by the name of "NOATEST #063" went up and published a video titled "Nintendo Switch Version 5.0.0 Beta", showing what appears to be a new unreleased version of the Nintendo Switch firmware that many speculate will be announced at the rumored January 11th Direct. The video shows off features including Themes, Game Sorting, Party Chat, Virtual Console, Media Apps, Cloud Storage, System-Level Microphone Support, and an Internet Browser, and in the description, it says it is supposed to release early February. The video is extremely convincing, but it does have a few issues, one being that it appears Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is downloaded but does not appear to take up the 6.8 GB of space it requires in the System Settings. Do you think it's real? You can watch it below.
Edit (1/6/2017 12:23 AM CST): It has come to my attention that the video has gone down. I have taken the liberty of reuploading it to FileTrip and MEGA for you all!
FileTrip link
MEGA link
(By the way, don't be afraid if it goes down, I have it downloaded.)
Source: RiiConnect24 on Discord

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
Reactions: Kvnrdrguez
D

Deleted User

OP
Watching the video again, at the 23 second mark, he selects None as the game, but ARMS was already selected. This might be a nitpick, but if ARMS was selected, implying it was the last game played, wouldn't that be the game in the gamecard slot? It doesn't help that the ARMS icon isn't shown anywhere. And I don't think it would be downloaded...
That is where the problem in your statement resides. It could be based on the last multiplayer room you were in or hosted. It would be easier to store that information that going back through the recently played games to pick out the last multiplayer game played. If I played BotW, it wouldn't be possible to host a multiplayer room.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if it's a streamed video it is extremely well made, and with the amount of menus and options shown it seems like a lot of effort to do.
This is the only fact preventing me from defaulting to my usual mindset "fake until proven not"

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a fake.

-Storage
-It's unlikely Nintendo would release that many features in one update
-Person wanted to show off just about every new feature, except that web browser . . .
-When they held the home button and the side menu appeared it looked really weird. It didn't have any options to let you adjust the music or audio.
-"Media Folder" and "VC Folder" made no sense, unless the person named them that.

Last edited by PossiblyOne,
Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo was waiting for the hacks all this time. Now they know what to expect they can figure out how to block the hacks and roll those fixes into the firmware version with all the features we really want.

...something something multidimentional checkmate.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo was waiting for the hacks all this time. Now they know what to expect they can figure out how to block the hacks and roll those fixes into the firmware version with all the features we really want.

...something something multidimentional checkmate.

until someone exploits the web browser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y