Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol FnCK the nintendo switch preorder situation, that was a DISASTER. Announcing 'we expect to sell 4million consoles in 2017'.....
How was it a disaster? Because they sold out quickly? I've seen that happen with almost every console, and I preordered the day after and managed to still get one. They had to be careful at first because of how poorly the wii u flopped, they had to ensure the demand was there to ramp up production.

Reactions: Kioku

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I think nintendo didn't put a web browser on the switch for a reason (exploits). What would be a good reason they would add a web browser to the switch now? I think it is faked.
Maybe they ironed out the bugs and can finally put it in? You need to find better reasoning to say it's fake, cause it looks legit. Like, REALLY legit.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think nintendo didn't put a web browser on the switch for a reason (exploits). What would be a good reason they would add a web browser to the switch now? I think it is faked.
It's not like the people trying to exploit things can't access the browser through proxy. There's no good reason for it not to be there now

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I guess now would a perfect time to point out the party system? Nintendo has made no publicly known plans to overhaul the online voice chat. They've been pretty adamant about the mobile app being the "social" aspect thus far.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they ironed out the bugs and can finally put it in? You need to find better reasoning to say it's fake, cause it looks legit. Like, REALLY legit.

I admit, it does look legit, but i just think some things seem a bit odd for nintendo to do. Also, i am not trying to convince anyone, i am just giving out my thoughts.

It's not like the people trying to exploit things can't access the browser through proxy. There's no good reason for it not to be there now

True, i guess that would make sense.

Last edited by Aletron9000,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
lol FnCK the nintendo switch preorder situation, that was a DISASTER. Announcing 'we expect to sell 4million consoles in 2017'.....
You say that, but I walked into my local target on day one and picked one up pretty easily.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't believe it's real for the fact that it's still up. Major Nintendo news sites and YouTube channels have covered it so someone at Nintendo should likely have seen it and flagged it by now like they did with the Smash 3DS leaked footage.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was it a disaster? Because they sold out quickly? I've seen that happen with almost every console, and I preordered the day after and managed to still get one. They had to be careful at first because of how poorly the wii u flopped, they had to ensure the demand was there to ramp up production.
You say that, but I walked into my local target on day one and picked one up pretty easily.

im talkin day one switch, my area was sold out for a good 60-70mile radius

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I admit, it does look legit, but i just think some things seem a bit odd for nintendo to do.

True, i guess that would make sense.
Of course it doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do, they've surprised us a lot the past year, what's stopping them now?

Reactions: Aletron9000

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it's real for the fact that it's still up. Major Nintendo news sites and YouTube channels have covered it so someone at Nintendo should likely have seen it and flagged it by now like they did with the Smash 3DS leaked footage.
Boi everyone at Nintendo is asleep

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I get some money together, I plan to jump on the switch bandwagon. I really wish I could play odyssey among others.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess now would a perfect time to point out the party system? Nintendo has made no publicly known plans to overhaul the online voice chat. They've been pretty adamant about the mobile app being the "social" aspect thus far.
Could be something they'll outline during the January Direct, or maybe a future update for the first anniversary when online becomes paid

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I said. Walked into my local target on March 3rd and picked one up. No problem.

you musta ate a whole bag of lucky charms that morning, most still had to wait in line months after to get one. them japanese were lining up for a raffle lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's why you preorder. I've learned to never expect to get a console day one without it. The switch was popular, as shown by it breaking the record for sales in the first 10 months.

preorders were a disaster, they had only made 2 million worldwide for the launch window and preorders were gone the first few hours, a lot of them got cancelled.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Could be something they'll outline during the January Direct, or maybe a future update for the first anniversary when online becomes paid
See the OP, launch is planned for early February. It'll either be in the Direct or a surprise launch.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To me the whole video seems dodgy, the room is incredibly static and the TV image seem kinda off... The part where the hand grabs something is kinda weird too... the whole thing seemed rather static except for the tv screen...

the lighting doesn't seem to shift with menu, you know darker screens, loading fades... these will have the room lighting shift. nothing in this video.

I doubt Nintendo would add so much in a single update. The theme looks incredibly cheap too.

To me this looks fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1