• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Conservative News Corner Thread

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There literally videos of media insiders, like CNN, basically admitting manipulating and influencing people in order to trick them and think a certain way. Don't take my word for it, this guy admits it:
Cable TV media is sensationalist and desperate to hang on to viewers by any means necessary, more news at eleven. A ton of desperate Youtubers (*cough* Veritas) use the same tricks of the trade.

And it's not just the mainstream media who think they can control the people, social media accounts like Twitter, who's not supposed to take sides or be a publisher, the CEO, wants to control what people say:
You're gonna have to battle it out with your own party over that one, it's a matter of a private business' right to refuse service. Kind of silly to suddenly take issue with that now, when Twitter has always had rules and breaking them would always get you banned.

You can disagree with someone, but you can't censor them just because you don't like what they have to say.
Clearly nobody's censoring these assholes, their clickbait videos are all over Youtube, and they're all that gets recommended to a lot of people. They throw a shit-fit every time they knowingly cross a line and get punished for it because they know it'll get 'em more views. When conservative media isn't being a giant rage/hatred feedback loop, it's being a giant persecution complex feedback loop.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the mainstream news is so trustworthy and not completely bias that we don't need to seek out the truth from online vids exposing this shit, yup.
yup career Reporters, all around the world, who go to college to learn how to Write and report neutral News, Reporters that have resources and spend years developing contacts that will provide insider and detail analysis.

VS

Random Youtubers who are peddling their "Trump Coins and My Pillow" Promo Codes

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yup career Reporters, all around the world, who go to college to learn how to Write and report neutral News, Reporters that have resources and spend years developing contacts that will provide insider and detail analysis.

VS

Random Youtubers who are peddling their "Trump Coins and My Pillow" Promo Codes
In all fairness, yellow journalism is not exactly a phenomenon that's alien to us - remember the Spanish-American war, or more recently, the award-winning Brian Douglas Williams grossly exaggerating his coverage of Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq War (that's the first name that comes to mind, but there are many like him on cable news). If anyone wants an unbiased look into the news, they have to ingest multiple sources from across the spectrum. Not really an endorsement of self-proclaimed journalists on YouTube, but in this modern age anyone with a cellphone in their pocket can catch footage of an event and upload it online - in those instances they don't have a horse in the race, they just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all fairness, yellow journalism is not exactly a phenomenon that's alien to us - remember the Spanish-American war, or more recently, the award-winning Brian Douglas Williams grossly exaggerating his coverage of Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq War (that's the first name that comes to mind, but there are many like him on cable news). If anyone wants an unbiased look into the news, they have to ingest multiple sources from across the spectrum. Not really an endorsement of self-proclaimed journalists on YouTube, but in this modern age anyone with a cellphone in their pocket can catch footage of an event and upload it online - in those instances they don't have a horse in the race, they just happen to be in the right place at the right time.
thats fine independent Journalism is needed in the world but the issue is not Independent Journalism ( As they still pride themselves on neutral when reporting.. the issue is career Chalantans with "bias" agenda that create misinformation in Videos to peddle them to Gullible people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how a Person "reports" the News is just as Important as the News itself.
Classic example From Journalism class
There a Fire that destroyed a House.
Reporter 1 " The Fire started when the owner plug in a Faulty Lamp and left it plugged in as he visited family in another state"
Reporter 2 " The Fire started By the Owner as he fled the state"
Any One that Listened to Reporter 2 would Infer that the Owner started the Fire on purpose and fled the state because of it.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of journalistic integrity the New York times just memory holed over a decade of paid Chinese propaganda pieces, Not due to ethics but because the checks stopped coming.

Last edited by jimbo13,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all need the Associated Press in y'alls lives. True neutrals, or as close as one gets. https://apnews.com/

AP does better than most, they are hardly an egregious offender outside of isolated incidents but they are still rated center left. If you can tell a staffs culture and bias's they are failing at traditional journalism.

I'll agree, they are doing better than most but not good enough from what I'd like to see from a legit source.

Atleast AP puts out a statement of disclosure on verbage.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/associated-press-media-bias
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
AP does better than most, they are hardly an egregious offender outside of isolated incidents but they are still rated center left.
Achieving a "true center" in modern journalism is impossible, as conservatives have been conditioned to accept lies as truth so long as those lies reinforce preexisting biases. So what is AP to do, tell the truth exactly half the time and talk out their asses the other half? It's not worth sacrificing journalistic integrity just to get some brownie points from a few nutjobs.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
News should presented as news without writters opinions and input. That is truly neutral news. Just present the facts and thats it.

The idea of conservative news is just stupid. It should be just news.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
News should presented as news without writters opinions and input. That is truly neutral news. Just present the facts and thats it.

"If someone tells you it's raining outside, and someone else tells you it's not, your job as journalist isn't to quote both of them and call it a day. Your job is to look out a window."

but yes, your job is to make note of what everyone is saying, then do the digging. Verify what they're saying, and dig as deep as the story goes to make sure you get it all. Report on your findings and how you found it. You should disclose any blanks or discrepancies you found, and what you did to fill in the blanks. If you intentionally create blanks to suggest a narrative, or fill any blanks fully or partially with personal opinion, and/or don't disclose everything you legally/ethically can...then, you dun goofed. Well, on hard news stories anyway. softer pieces aren't quite so stringent, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough.

Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. These are the basic questions of journalism.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Xzi

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Achieving a "true center" in modern journalism is impossible, as democrats aka communists have been conditioned to accept lies as truth so long as those lies reinforce preexisting biases.
ftfy

I agree on that, but the main reason why people say and use "conservative news" for their outlets is because the radical left has taken over the media, industries, political positions of power, most of the world etc. and they want more control and to crush freedoms, that we've pretty much become the opposition for freedoms and such. Believe what you want it's the truth and most will realize it way too late.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have hard line between your editorial and news, nothing wrong with having skewed editorial, that's what it is there for.

But the problem and bias comes in when AP takes a stance with verbage, like taking a stance of using "Undocumented immigrant" over "illegal alien". The unbiased stance would be to use the official terminology of the government at the time. Even if you have to shift it between administrations. That is a public admission of stance, straight journalism needs to avoid that.

They also have had a revealing habit of remaining factual while framing identical acts in different lights pictured below. They have been caught framing by omission or citing positives right along party lines.

ap-bias-e1518554376246.png

All these statements are true, doesn't mean it's not biased.

Reactions: zfreeman

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You didn't fix it, you just expelled some word vomit because you didn't like the point that was being made. Democrats are definitely susceptible to falling into their own echo chambers, but in general they don't have the same overactive fear response that Republicans do, which is something that makes people far easier to fool.

"Communist Democrats" makes the same amount of sense as "Communist Republicans," which is none. Both parties are capitalist parties, I shouldn't need to repeat that for you so many times.

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've lurked enough political threads to know arguing here of all places is a waste of energy. Just want to introduce my boy Rackets to bros who haven't heard of before.

Reactions: jimbo13

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't fix it, you just expelled some word vomit because you didn't like the point that was being made. Democrats are definitely susceptible to falling into their own echo chambers, but in general they don't have the same overactive fear response that Republicans do, which is something that makes people far easier to fool.

"Communist Democrats" makes the same amount of sense as "Communist Republicans," which is none. Both parties are capitalist parties, I shouldn't need to repeat that for you so many times.
No one's making you repeat anything, I just calls the bullshit as I sees it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No one's making you repeat anything, I just calls the bullshit as I sees it.
You mean you spew bullshit, repeatedly. And then it has to be corrected, repeatedly. I'd almost feel sorry for you if you hadn't chosen to fall victim to propaganda of your own accord. It's a long hike back to reality from where you're at now.

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean you spew bullshit, repeatedly. And then it has to be corrected, repeatedly. I'd almost feel sorry for you if you hadn't chosen to fall victim to propaganda of your own accord. It's a long hike back to reality from where you're at now.
Oh lookie, more projection. Tell me something new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Link calls the doctor