Dark Souls is coming to the Switch

Switch_DarkSoulsRemastered_artwork_01.jpg

Confirmed today by Nintendo, Dark Souls is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 25th:
The first title in the genre-defining action role-playing franchise is coming to Nintendo Switch. DARK SOULS: REMASTERED includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original DARK SOULS game for an exhilarating return to Lordran.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting third party games is what a pc is for. It runs them at higher resolutions and framerate. Nintendo and sony have never been able to compete in the third party marketspace. They sell because of exclusives. Switch also because of its portability. Retroboy which is a better system? The xbone which plays the same games you can already play cheaper on pc except worse, or the switch which has unique exclusives and older games on the go, which no other system can do?

Reactions: Risingdawn

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you show me where you're seeing that the switch version is the 360 version? What fromsoft said is that it's the same as the ps4 version but at 30 fps so if that's not true they're looking to be in trouble for false marketing. Also stop saying I can't play third party titles. I can play literally any game released that isn't a vita or xbone exclusive (ya right xbone exclusives).
maybe you should read sites that are not worded towards the fans.

the switch version is based off the PS3/360 with slightly better textures (same as R* with LA NIORE)

Dark Souls Remastered Switch - What do we Know?
While the Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered is slightly improved graphically over the previous Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, it's not a huge leap. Dark Souls Remastered on Switch is said to include all the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, plus improved frame rate and resolution compared to the original release.

and another

However, in a press release following the Direct, Nintendo clarified that Remastered "includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original." A remastered version of Dark Souls is also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC

I could post to more sites that tell you what the switch version is, but heck im sure you will deny it, so sorry to piss on your fire but the switch version is not going to be the same remaster that the PS4/XBX1 are getting, as said its a port of the PS3/360 version but beefed up slightly.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the switch version is based off the PS3/360 with slightly better textures (same as R* with LA NIORE)

While the Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered is slightly improved graphically over the previous Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, it's not a huge leap. Dark Souls Remastered on Switch is said to include all the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, plus improved frame rate and resolution compared to the original release.

and another

However, in a press release following the Direct, Nintendo clarified that Remastered "includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original." A remastered version of Dark Souls is also coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC

I could post to more sites that tell you what the switch version is, but heck im sure you will deny it, so sorry to piss on your fire but the switch version is not going to be the same remaster that the PS4/XBX1 are getting, as said its a port of the PS3/360 version but beefed up slightly.
That's what all of the systems are getting. A port of the 360 version with beefed resolution, the dlc, and in the case of the other 3 systems 60 fps. That's what a remaster is, a beefed up version of the original. There's no other changes to any of them besides improved online (which the switch is getting to). The game engine and area design is confirmed to stay the same in every version.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that quote makes no sense at all.

from someone like me who owns all systems and points out that nintendo lack these titles when theyre new.

So when a new games comes out, you have plenty of games to play on PS/XBX and think I know id like the option to play said game on Nintendo because i havent had anything new for a while or have completed what games i own.....

but you dont get that option until nintendo release a new system with better hardware.

again makes no sense, as i own all systems you seem to fail to understand the point, again when a game is new such as this, you never had the option to buy it on a nintendo console did you.

"We're also enjoying them... seeing as we can afford more than one console"
> It makes no sense because I own everything, so you're wrong".

"nobody is denying that not every game is on nintendo / nintendo tech specs are weakers"
> Yes but you're fanboy cause nintendo is gimmicky/weak specs

Jeez, you're not even trying to be a good troll anymore.

When people give you an obvious counter argument to the ridiculous "You never got these games when they were first released" (aka you know, owning other consoles) you pretend you don't understand what they're saying, and fallback to talking about you.
You bring fallacious arguments after fallacious arguments, completely ignoring what people are actually saying. Most of the time NOBODY even deny your original point (always the same, Nintendo system is weaker) but you keep coming back with more to say about how we're wrong.

Out of all the trolls I've seen, I've rarely seen such accepted level of individualism / self-entitlement in literally all your answers.

Last edited by deinonychus71,
Reactions: Risingdawn

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the switch version is based off the PS3/360 with slightly better textures...
... plus improved frame rate and resolution compared to the original release.

You actually don't even read what you post do you. Improved FPS and Increased resolution is actually in your damn quote

Twice no less!

Twice you quoted something referencing enhancements you've claimed are not there!

Not only that bit your quotes refer to a Switch Remastered version that is also coming to PS4 and Xbox!

I've even bolded the remastered part as you obviously have difficulty reading things the contradict your pathetic troll attempts, just like the points you continuously deflect and avoid answering because your flawed one note arguments can't stand up to them.

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I think it's a speculation about port of 360 version, because they are planning to release trilogy on switch, and I doubt that ds3 will be on same engine that original dark souls. Switch is pretty capable machine

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country

and another

proabably but if u want to play portable dark souls, its the only option.

If you want to play the best version of dark souls, as always get a PC.

i played this at 1080p/60fps with some graphics mods on a gtx 670 years ago. the 360/ps3 version was horrid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1