• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeDevouncer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, with the help of a playlist builder and notepad++, now all my snes games are in the playlist with them boxarts.

The problem is, sometimes retroarch freezes when i return to menu (L3+R3) when i'm playing a snes game, only snes.

It's normal?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Argl. :)

I just downgraded from the discord build, because I couldnt switch to the switch driver without blackscreen. Enabling "rgui" seems to fix that (fancy menu only with gl driver :) ), ey.. :)

In the discord build (older than official release build), custom resolution finally worked as expected (you can crop black bars from PAL psx titles), although I couldnt get shaders to work on psx games. Probably better that way.. ;)

Now back to upgrading again.. ;)

Impressions on the GL build driver:

PSA: For PSX games to run decently well you have to enable the switch_threaded audio driver and threaded video in video options.

Tekken 3 still ran at about the same framerate as with the switch driver (as someone stated before), but with worse audio sync.

Other games I tried ran mostly full speed, but did so with the switch driver as well. (Chrono Cross, FF7, ..)

edit: Runahead support... I'm floored... :)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

Does anyone know if plugging a keyboard into the dock will actually work? I'd love to get the old MSX2 up and running for some Metal Gear action.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm reverting to RetroNX, just for the gui. :/ rgui is way less enticing. (Yes I know, that people always like the gui they are used to, but this time its different! ;) xmb is too "crufty" for the portable switch screen - rgui is just too bland...)

*sigh*

Reactions: TheKerplunk

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm reverting to RetroNX, just for the gui. :/ rgui is way less enticing. (Yes I know, that people always like the gui they are used to, but this time its different! ;) xmb is too "crufty" for the portable switch screen - rgui is just too bland...)

*sigh*

Heh. I will add it soon enough ;) Let me take a breather

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

*sigh*
You could always wait a bit until Ozone hits RetroArch ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
One more thing, in the official 1.7.5 release, there are no system, savegames, and savestates forlders in the core folder. Also no "put bios files here" placeholder.

This will potentially confuse (new) users. Potentially increase need for support. ;)

Better put them back even as placeholders.. :)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One more thing, in the official 1.7.5 release, there are no system, savegames, and savestates forlders in the core folder. Also no "put bios files here" placeholder.

This will potentially confuse (new) users. Potentially increase need for support. ;)

They will be created on first launch, but I guess you are right. My manual bundles still had them

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This will potentially confuse (new) users. Potentially increase need for support.

You should let him work it at his place, one issue at a time.

Reactions: focusonme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw