Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Should we be launching 1.7.5 through the HBNSP or does it not matter at this point?
It's recommended that you use the NSP, either for Homebrew Launcher or each emulator (when they become available as NSPs) for some more demanding emulators.
This is due to the fact that lauching the HBL through the Album app limits the NROs to whatever the Album app has access, one clear example is not having the whole 3GB of RAM that the Switch has available, which the NSPs do.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question in regards to the PSX bios if anyone happens to know....I read the psp version of the psx bios is better and was just curious if it needs to be named a certain way, for example, SCH1000xxxxx etc.

Thanks for any help / info

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just a question in regards to the PSX bios if anyone happens to know....I read the psp version of the psx bios is better and was just curious if it needs to be named a certain way, for example, SCH1000xxxxx etc.

Thanks for any help / info

Contents of my system folder:
36VvNT8.png

Reactions: username23bob
D

Deleted User

The PSX core always checks for three certain BIOS files, but renaming the PSP PSX BIOS to scph5500.bin - scph5502.bin and so on will work just fine.

As for the supposed performance boost I've read about with the PSP BIOS, I'm not really seeing it here.

Reactions: CobraX83

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the system folder located for RetroArch? I don't see it at the moment. I'm trying to add the PSX bios but I'm unsure where to put it.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's recommended that you use the NSP, either for Homebrew Launcher or each emulator (when they become available as NSPs) for some more demanding emulators.
This is due to the fact that lauching the HBL through the Album app limits the NROs to whatever the Album app has access, one clear example is not having the whole 3GB of RAM that the Switch has available, which the NSPs do.

I know the difference, that's why I asked.

EDIT: Sorry, that came of very dickish. Let me rephrase:

Thanks for the explanation. I knew that the NSP HBLoader had expanded RAM capabilities. I just wasn't sure if anything in RetroArch was going to take advantage of that, which is why I asked.

Last edited by Deathscreton,

Onsonj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have RetroNX installed as an NSP. What will I need to do to switch over to the new build?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I currently have RetroNX installed as an NSP. What will I need to do to switch over to the new build?
Either install the hbmenu NSP and launch die new RetroArch NRO from there or just replace all your files on your SD and use your RetroNX.nsp if it is a forwarder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer