Did they kill Kingdom Hearts with making too many new games?

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I'm not saying they should leave the spaces blank where they cut the filler out. Just come up with something relevant, interesting, and fun. Birth By Sleep kept things pretty relevant and interesting (for me).

I'd say Riku's story was pretty relevant on the whole (and i found him fun to play as, maybe more so than Sora), but his story suffered from the same issues as Sora's- Disney Worlds. Except his don't even have cutscenes at all, making them the epitome of irrelevant...

When they did that it just made me wish they had released some sort of 'Crisis Core'-esque movie, accessible to everyone and would no doubt be a major success...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
FireGrey said:
Ehh i hated spinoffs especially spinoff series.
It's what turned my love for Ratchet and Clank into hatred...

I'm sorry but they released tooo many of those games too fast.

There's what, 4 on the ps2, 2 on the ps3, 1 on the PSP, and there's 1 Secret Agent Clank on the PSP? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a shame to see series like R&C and Kingdom Hearts do this. I would have been perfectly happy if they released 1, released 2, released BbS, then release 3. But he's taken on so many projects, and he's giving us all this sidecrap.. it's ruining the series IN MY OPINION.

there is actually 4 on the ps3, not 2 and the series is stretching out way too far, they should just kill them off already!

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Technically

When you have a new sequel/prequel/postquel/etc-quel. Its just a way for the game creators to let the fans know what happened/going to happen/is happening.

Long story short it answers questions the player might/would ask.

Hence for me I say no it doesn't kill the story because I actually found out how Roxas came to be and who he is and why in KH2 it friggin starts off with his "story".

The useless part is which in 358/2 days, there's this character that came but never was which i found to be quite pointless
(Xion)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the first one, and it's still in my top PS2 games. After that, it kinda went downhill for me. The series lost its magic and it was no longer any fun to follow the characters. Something happened to the story that shouldn't have.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
_Chaz_ said:
I liked the first one, and it's still in my top PS2 games. After that, it kinda went downhill for me. The series lost its magic and it was no longer any fun to follow the characters. Something happened to the story that shouldn't have.

Elaborate questions that needed to be answered with subliminal storylines in multi-platformed spin-offs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ