OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I know my believes are a can of worms onto their own, but I don't believe in the Biblical God. I am however, a Theistic Luciferian Satanist, I do believe in a Satan and a Lucifer and that there are more Gods out there. I don't worship them, I see them are guides and teachers down the Left Hand Path.
I however, don't disrespect those who believe anything different from me. I am willing to admit that I don't know if I am correct, but I find my religion works best for me.
Personally, the way I see it, you can worship a rock, just don't hit me with it and I won't hit you with my rock.
Ok thanks for sharing! Your takes on afterlife? (If you'd rather not thats cool too!)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was raised Catholic, but barely. Seldom went to church or anything, religion was never a big thing in my house, so it never really stuck. As a result I'm decidedly atheist; I've got this far without believing in a god and I think I've come on pretty well, so what do I have to lose.

@Crystal the Glaceon I always love seeing you post about your beliefs. It's so justified and understandable, but at the same time it's so against the grain of social norms to claim to be a form of Satanist, and I just love it. You keep doing you.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nor has anything been proven against it. I think the big bang is bogus, personally. Like, even if I were to accept that there was an explosion, what caused it? I feel that, at least in my mind, the only way there could be a beginning is if there was/is an all-powerful being. That's why I more support the theory that suggests the universe has simply always existed.
Funny story, my mind was always kind of fragile but I literally pushed myself over the edge of anxiety when I was younger by trying to figure out how the universe started

Like just think of it as a mental exercise and try to stay sane before the end of it:
Imagine the beginning... but then go back further. What would be there before the beginning of time? Nothing? What would nothing look like? If truly "nothing" couldn't exist in the universe then I suppose it must have no beginning and end but... how would that work? Time surely doesn't reach a nexus point where it just kind of loops over again. So then surely the universe must have been created. That solves the nothing problem, because SOMETHING would have been there to form the universe. But... what was there before the Creator? Was the Creator created by something else?

It's mindblowing and will actually physically hurt after a while lol

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to go into huge amounts of detail on my beliefs, so I will put it in the following nutshell; I believe that all higher powers of the many, many religions of the world are many facets of the same singular higher power. I may not agree with some religions (or as the case may be, what some religions have mutated into), but I won't actively bash or shame someone for their core beliefs, not will I outright say someone is wrong (unless there are extreme circumstances) or try to convert them. As for my own personal beliefs, yes I believe in a higher power, and I pray to several different facets of that higher power. I guess the closest definition I can come up with for myself would be that I'm a pagan, with roughly this definition...

pa·gan
ˈpāɡən/
noun
noun: pagan; plural noun: pagans
a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok thanks for sharing! Your takes on afterlife? (If you'd rather not thats cool too!)
I actually don't know if I have an answer for that. I would like to believe there could be life after death or even reincarnation, but to me personally, I don't have answer because I am not dead. I don't provide answers to what happens after death because I can't, so I choose to live life to the fullest. Because to me, what happens after I die, doesn't concern me well I live.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I was raised Catholic, but barely. Seldom went to church or anything, religion was never a big thing in my house, so it never really stuck. As a result I'm decidedly atheist; I've got this far without believing in a god and I think I've come on pretty well, so what do I have to lose.
Sure maybe nothing in this life, but maybe in the afterlife? I don't know about you guys but it REALLY scares me thinking about the afterlife or heaven. What if there is none, and we just lie in the dirt for eternity? What if there really IS a heaven in hell, and we burn in it for ETERNITY (which is a CRAZY idea to grasp).
What can we do? I mean really we just don't know! I'ts really something as humans we can't know until we die...

I don't want to go into huge amounts of detail on my beliefs, so I will put it in the following nutshell; I believe that all higher powers of the many, many religions of the world are many facets of the same singular higher power. I may not agree with some religions (or as the case may be, what some religions have mutated into), but I won't actively bash or shame someone for their core beliefs, not will I outright say someone is wrong (unless there are extreme circumstances) or try to convert them. As for my own personal beliefs, yes I believe in a higher power, and I pray to several different facets of that higher power. I guess the closest definition I can come up with for myself would be that 'm a pagan, with roughly this definition...

pa·gan
ˈpāɡən/
noun
noun: pagan; plural noun: pagans
a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.
Thanks for sharing!
I actually don't know if I have an answer for that. I would like to believe there could be life after death or even reincarnation, but to me personally, I don't have answer because I am not dead. To me, I don't provide answers to what happens after death because I can't, so I choose to live life to the fullest. Because to me, what happens after I die, doesn't concern me well I live.
Well put! Thanks for sharing guys!

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, us Catholics don't say we're going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus. If you thought that then that was highly misconcieved. We believe, that to reach heaven you either have to be baptised, or accept Jesus sometime in your life. But i PERSONALLY believe that if somone truly had good intentions through out their life and wasn't baptised, that does NOT mean they're going to hell..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sure, but if your willing to believe something as crazy as there has been something here for infinitely forever, is it really that hard to grasp the idea of an all powerful being? (Again not judging here)
Well, specifically pertaining to religion, yes. As, much history suggests religion was used as a means of holding power. Plus, religion is the cause of a great many wars. I believe if there is an all-powerful being, they aren't exclusively observing Earth or humans, as there's a billion other galaxies out there. I find it impossible to think that this is the only planet in the universe that is habitable. And, since no big religion mentions anything beyond Earth, I find it very hard to support any of them. I classify myself as agnostic, because I believe there could be a God, but I don't particularly believe in any one nor am I against the idea that there simply isn't one.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, specifically pertaining to religion, yes. As, much history suggests religion was used as a means of holding power. Plus, religion is the cause of a great many wars. I believe if there is an all-powerful being, they aren't exclusively observing Earth or humans, as there's a billion other galaxies out there. I find it impossible to think that this is the only planet in the universe that is habitable. And, since no big religion mentions anything beyond Earth, I find it very hard to support any of them. I classify myself as agnostic, because I believe there could be a God, but I don't particularly believe in any one nor am I against the idea that there simply isn't one.
Ok, thank for sharing and backing up your beliefs with a good, well built argument! I see your point now!

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank for sharing and backing up your beliefs with a good, well built argument! I see your point now!
No problem. Thanks for being open to accepting others' beliefs without bashing them for being different from yours :).

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Thanks for being open to accepting others' beliefs without bashing them for being different from yours :).
Yeah, i'm not trying to make you all believe what i do, i'm just asking for peoples opinions on this subject!
I'm unaware of any reason to believe gods exist, so I don't.
Mind sharing why?

Reactions: Xabring

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Catholic. I really don't see any reason why this thread should be for defending your beliefs, I mean I suppose I could try to defend catholicism but I don't see why we should be questioning what other people believe here. I'm no online missionary, and I don't believe anyone here is. So maybe stop pestering people to explain/defend everything? It's like everyone on the internet thinks they are a damn theologian these days. It's like everyone thinks they can "checkmate" someone else's entire belief system with a single post in the internet.

Last edited by endoverend,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're asking me. I care if my beliefs are true, which means I require sound reasoning before I will believe something is true.
Mind sharing the reasoning behind why you believe there is NO god or supreme being?

I'm a Catholic. I really don't see any reason why this thread should be for defending your beliefs, I mean I suppose I could try to defend catholicism but I don't see why we should be questioning what other people believe here. I'm no online missionary, and I don't believe anyone here is. So maybe stop pestering people to explain/defend everything? It's like everyone on the internet thinks they are a damn theologian these days.
I'm not trying to get ANYBODY to defend their beliefs, this thread is just a simple question, Do you believe in God?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to get ANYBODY to defend their beliefs, this thread is just a simple question, Do you believe in God?
I do get what he's saying, it's probably better (and more organized) if you put "and why?" in the OP and let people answer why if they want, that way it's their choice rather than feeling pressured to answer.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope.

That's not what I said.
You said you do not believe in God, i am asking why, if you'd rather not share thats ok...

I do get what he's saying, it's probably better (and more organized) if you put "and why?" in the OP and let people answer why if they want, that way it's their choice rather than feeling pressured to answer.
Edited OP

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I believe in god but i dont believe in the holy bible. Sometimes i think he doesnt exist when i see a kid with cancer but then i remember that i dont lose anything believing

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe in god but i dont believe in the holy bible. Sometimes i think he doesnt exist when i see a kid with cancer but then i remember that i dont lose anything believing
Thanks for a full answer! No questions needed! Yeah, i get that feel man, just because God CAN prevent something doesn't mean he WILL, i mean think of all the people who died in World War II!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff