Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread is remaining remarkably civil... good job cap'n jack.

Anyway, I'm a Christian (not catholic though) and believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, all that. I don't believe that faith should be blind, however, and that we all should have a logical base to what we believe. For example, part of why I believe the Bible are the hundreds of specific prophecies that have already been fulfilled (that the Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, that Israel's Babylonian captivity would last 70 years, that the Messiah would be declared king while riding a donkey into Jerusalem, that His hands and feet would be pierced, the circumstances of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, etc.)

D

Deleted-236924

I was NEVER trying to show hate upon other peoples religions i hope i got that through to everyone!

Oh, no, I didn't imply that you were. I was posting this as a continuation of my previous post.

Some seem to think that being a christian and firmly believing that all this stuff is sin makes you a good person. Those people are delusional. If you treat another as a lesser being just because they are different, no, you are not a good person, but you won't admit it (not talking to anyone in particular, just to a christian who believes in that kind of stuff and displays hateful behavior towards people who are different.)

I'm not actually against the idea of religion, I'm against what religion is, how it's evolved, how it's negatively affected us as a society. If you're a firm believer, but you are a good person, open-minded and you treat everyone equally as they deserve to? Congrats, keep it up like this, and hopefully encourage others to act the same way.
But can't deny that it has done much more wrong than good.

Last edited by ,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no, I didn't imply that you were. I was posting this as a continuation of my previous post.

Some seem to think that being a christian and firmly believing that all this stuff is sin makes you a good person. Those people are delusional. If you treat another as a lesser being just because they are different, no, you are not a good person, but you won't admit it (not talking to anyone in particular, just to a christian who believes in that kind of stuff and displays hateful behavior towards people who are different.)

I'm not actually against the idea of religion, I'm against what religion is, how it's evolved, how it's negatively affected us as a society. If you're a firm believer, but you are a good person, open-minded and you treat everyone equally as they deserve to? Congrats, keep it up like this, and hopefully encourage others to act the same way.
But can't deny that it has done much more wrong than good.
People should be judged by the actions they make, not their race, or religion, or by how they look. All people should be treated equally and yeah, i do feel that some christians want to put up a fight and tell you your wrong. Which definitely does not make you a better person.

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

If it was just a few religious fanatics being hateful towards LGBT folk then it would be a different story, except this grew massive enough to affect the growth of an entire society.
Stuff like Westboro Baptist Church? That's small and everyone agrees that they're idiots lol
But if it hadn't been for religion, people wouldn't have to hide in fear of being persecuted for being different.
Heck the vote for marriage equality only barely passed, and then you had toooooons of ignorants saying that they were gonna move to Canada because they were against gay marriage (rofl)
This is the kind of people who vote.

Not in the slightest. I've yet to come across any compelling evidence to support the such a belief.

That is one way to view it, but we could also say that there is no evidence against it.

For all we know there is a god, but we just don't know because he acts in a way that we never notice it.

Or for all we know, God caused the big bang at the beginning. Who knows?

I don't understand why creationists feel like evolution attacks their beliefs. What if God made the big bang happen, what if God made things in such a way that life would eventually evolve over very long periods of time?

Last edited by ,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
If it was just a few religious fanatics being hateful towards LGBT folk then it would be a different story, except this grew massive enough to affect the growth of an entire society.
Stuff like Westboro Baptist Church? That's small and everyone agrees that they're idiots lol
But if it hadn't been for religion, people wouldn't have to hide in fear of being persecuted for being different.
Heck the vote for marriage equality only barely passed, and then you had toooooons of ignorants saying that they were gonna move to Canada because they were against gay marriage (rofl)
This is the kind of people who vote.

That is one way to view it, but we could also say that there is no evidence against it.

For all we know there is a god, but we just don't know because he acts in a way that we never notice it.

Or for all we know, God caused the big bang at the beginning. Who knows?
True, no one really no's for sure, and i doubt we ever will..

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noooooo way. Before Buddhism China didn't have much of any religion, and Chinese people still had no problem thinking of their neighbors as barbarians. Europe fought non-stop during the dark ages, and they were all the exact same religion. Maybe gay rights took a few extra years because of Christianity, but religion is used after the fact as an excuse for bad behavior. I don't think very many people are actually inspired to act badly because of religion.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
I'm a muslim and I do believe in God as you know.

But even scientifically I think big bang was not an natural phenomenon something had to be there someone to cause it and I think it was God in that case, not claiming just personal opinion.

I have also have many personal experiences with God helping me but I cannot share them. Life after death? Same concept of heaven and hell.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a muslim and I do believe in God as you know.

But even scientifically I think big bang was not an natural phenomenon something had to be there someone to cause it and I think it was God in that case, not claiming just personal opinion.

I have also have many personal experiences with God helping me but I cannot share them. Life after death? Same concept of heaven and hell.
Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable, but whats your take on ISIS and the islamic state? And just because your muslim does not mean i think your part of ISIS :ha:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The only God is Zordon and He will watch over us all. Everyone else is a sinner and will repent.
zordon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of...