• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am more spiritual than religious that being said I was brought up catholic and I am now considered non religious since I don't go to church like I used to. I do believe in god (or the great spirit as I call it) but with different views and stances on what the bible actually says and the timeline too.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never cared 'bout this stuff. But if I had to answer, no. I don't. I'm more of a science person.
As for an afterlife... Nah. I think you got one go, and after that, done. But maybe reincarnation could actually be something. My reasoning for believing so is that sometimes I get nostalgic at stuff I've never seen before. Like the game Nights into dreams. I saw that game for the first time years ago in a magazine, but I felt like I've already seen it and played it. When I finally did play it years later, with the ps3 port, I just had this nostalgic feeling through the entire game. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Who knows.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you do not believe in God, i am asking why, if you'd rather not share thats ok...
Right, but there's a difference between when I said, "I don't believe god(s) exist," and when you said, "You believe no god(s) exist."

I told you why I don't believe any gods exist; there is no sound reasoning to believe gods exist, and a person who cares whether or not his or her beliefs are true requires sound reasoning before accepting a claim as true. A person who accepts a claim as true before possessing a logically sound reason to believe that claim is a person who cares more about the belief than its truthfulness, which in my opinion would make the concept of belief meaningless.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't believe in god, but I'm really not passionate about my atheism; I just don't think about it much :unsure:

Why? I just find it a little hard to believe, I guess. And also because I don't feel it answers any questions because of the whole "If God created everything, who created God" type of question

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, but there's a difference between when I said, "I don't believe god(s) exist," and when you said, "You believe no god(s) exist."

I told you why I don't believe any gods exist; there is no sound reasoning to believe gods exist, and a person who cares whether or not his or her beliefs are true requires sound reasoning before accepting a claim as true. A person who accepts a claim as true before possessing a logically sound reason to believe that claim is a person who cares more about the belief than its truthfulness, which in my opinion would make the concept of belief meaningless.
And i was asking if you'd wan't to share your sound reasoning

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why? I just find it a little hard to believe, I guess. And also because I don't feel it answers any questions because of the whole "If God created everything, who created God" type of question
Yeah thinking about that stuff is kind of a Mind Fuck

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL I just noticed what this looks like on the front page and I'm DYING :rofl:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 8.39.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 8.39.36 AM.png
    3 KB · Views: 233

ScrublordPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe in god, but the idea behind the gods of ancient history are really cool.
Erebus, the Primordial Greek God of Darkness.
Aphrodite: Formed from the seafoam of Uranus's testicle (No I am not joking).
Susanoo: Japanese god of wind WHO KILLED YAMATO-NO-OROCHI AND GAINED A SWORD FROM THE SEVERED HEADS!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-236924

I despise religion due to how it led people to firmly believe that being anything LGBT was wrong and led to countries such as the USA (land of freedom my ass) actually treating people like us as lesser beings.
It actually led to things being outright outlawed and then we celebrate the US making gay marriage legal? No way man, we shouldn't have to celebrate that, it should have been a given from the start.
And even if the countries themselves improve and everyone is equal in the eyes of the law, you bet there's going to be religious fanatics treating people like crap for being different. Why? Religion.
The world would be a much better place without it.

I don't deny that there is some good in religion, and I'm sure there are religions that don't really promote anything hateful towards other people for being different.
But you can't deny that if it had never been a thing, we would be much better off.

Does that answer your question? Maybe. Maybe not.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I despise religion due to how it led people to firmly believe that being anything LGBT was wrong and led to countries such as the USA (land of freedom my ass) actually treating people like us as lesser beings.
It actually led to things being outright outlawed and then we celebrate the US making gay marriage legal? No way man, we shouldn't have to celebrate that, it should have been a given from the start.
And even if the countries themselves improve and everyone is equal in the eyes of the law, you bet there's going to be religious fanatics treating people like crap for being different. Why? Religion.
The world would be a much better place without it.

I don't deny that there is some good in religion, and I'm sure there are religions that don't really promote anything hateful towards other people for being different.
But you can't deny that if it had never been a thing, we would be much better off.

Does that answer your question? Maybe. Maybe not.
Good Answer!

D

Deleted-236924

I encourage those of the good religions that promote peace and equality, but those religions don't really exist much in the west, they don't have an impact, not as much as Christianity has.
Heck if you actually read the bible you'd find that people don't actually know their religion, they just twist it to fit their views and then they teach that to others who just accept it as truth.
For every christian who displays hateful behavior towards people who are different, there is a christian who forgets that their own religion said Jesus and God love everyone.
But it doesn't matter what the bible says because that's not really what people follow anyway.

Last edited by ,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I encourage those of the good religions that promote peace and equality, but those religions don't really exist much in the west, they don't have an impact, not as much as Christianity has.
Heck if you actually read the bible you'd find that people don't actually know their religion, they just twist it to fit their views and then they teach that to others who just accept it as truth.
For every christian who displays hateful behavior towards people who are different, there is a christian who forgets that their own religion said Jesus and God love everyone.
I was NEVER trying to show hate upon other peoples religions i hope i got that through to everyone!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol. Didn't know that.