• Total voters

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't smoke; never will, and am never going to...

But my mom was just diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer, and she smoked a pack per day x 40 years...
frown.gif
I know everyone has to die from something, but I can definitely say smoking will have killed my mom.... :'(

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to hear that m|kk|

Luckily, kids today are better educated when it comes to the dangers of smoking. My gran's generation were oblivious!

According to her, there was no such thing as cancer when she started smoking. She was convinced it was these new "filter things" that caused it!
wacko.gif

Ignorance is bliss, eh?
dry.gif

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats very sad m|kk| stage IV is agressive.

To answer the question nope i don't smoke and never will.

My reasons-
Look at any medical study and you find smoking increases your mortality and morbdity. This dosen't apply just for lung cancer which is commonly associated smoking damages all your blood vessles. As a result you become more prone to unwanted clot (thrombus) formation so people also suffer from earlier heart attacks and strokes if cancer fails to get them early.

At least our generation all know that it kills you, so can make an informed decision about weather they wish to die early or not. Sadly many previous generations did not have this information.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well... I'm not slow, and I won't say yas to that Bowser. But Cigarettes... the addictiveness in that is to me, bullshit...

as for the alcohol, No i dont mean such silly things. I mean: going to the pub or at parties. One time, at a graduation dinner thingy, I drank as much as my friends, all went together, drank the exact same drinks... they got wasted. I stood there like "wtf?". didn't feel a thing. the day after, they all had hangovers... and i didn't feel a thing.

The same goes for coffee.... "oh nooo, I can't sleep if I drink coffee at 8 pm..."
hell... I drink coffee, energy drinks and what ever... no effects on me.

I even tried it with anti depressives or.. what ever they are called..
I was, not alright.. my friend wasn't either.. so her mom gave us pills.

my friend took half a pill.. got reaaaaally happy, almost high. i took a half.. nothing, took a whole, nothing... took 2... nothing.... My guess is: Placebo...

anyway... I don't believe in addictiveness (sure, heavy drugs.. I believe that fucks up) nor all these effects things have on people...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've gotten the impression that smoking is cool, it may be because smoking is portrayed that way in cigarette advertising. People are idiots, plain and simple. THINK!!!!!!!!!

Edit: If you believe in God then you are hurting God.

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Some people just don't have the will to quit I guess. I can quit smoking right now, no problem, but why should I stop if I like it?

@Issac, have you never even been tipsy of drinking? Damn, going out must suck if everybody's drunk and you're not :\

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried smoking and I was a bit "Ok people like this do they" then left it.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you tried to cover it but drugs like Diamorphine are addictive no matter what you do even people who have non addictive personalities and plenty of willpower. If you withdraw the drug too rapidly patients will get very sick from withdrawl so you have to careflly taper the dose.

(Diamorphine is of course used illegally......people call it heroin)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can quit smoking right now, no problem, but why should I stop if I like it?

Why do you like it? I ask people this question and they usually don't give a decent answer. Is there actually a decent answer? If so, please share it with me

- Sam
For some people it actually works like coffee making them more awake and aware, others get a great feeling from the the nicotine going straight to their brain. Puts them in a good mood and the nicotine makes their brain think its a reward. Its all scientifically proven and has something to do with nicotine helping to release dophamines (or whatever they're called).

Of course 20 years down the line they're coughing up gunk but meh thats their choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==