Hacking Dolphin dev teasing Sunshine running on Switch

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if we can port that official gamecube emulator from the Chinese version of nvidia shield tv.
Because it runs gamecube/wii games 1080p and fullspeed as well. The switch and nvidia shield tv are both sharing the same chip (Tegra X1).

Reactions: weatMod

Kipz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if we can port that official gamecube emulator from the Chinese version of nvidia shield tv.
Because it runs gamecube/wii games 1080p and fullspeed as well. The switch and nvidia shield tv are both sharing the same chip (Tegra X1).
Those are full ports, not emulated.

Reactions: nmkd and Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are full ports, not emulated.
No it's not a full ports they're running using emulator

Just see here on this tweet
IMG_1060.jpg

https://twitter.com/dragonbane0/status/958197004500389888?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^ios|twgr^com.apple.mobilenotes.SharingExtension|twcon^7100|twterm^0

Last edited by Fadi5555,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about port but if Ninty release any GC games officially on Switch hopefully we'll be able to inject our own ;)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Great to see, but, won't the downclocked specs affect the ability for Dolphin to run on Switch? GPU probably isn't a problem, but CPU certainly would be. Nintendo's officially emulated games run on Nvidia Shield TV, which that operates at roughly 2.0Ghz on the CPU. Switch is half that. Probably too early to tell, but could the Switch's CPU be clocked back up, at least partially, and if so, how much heat would that produce? As mentioned, the GPU probably won't be stressed for this, and to me, that's generally where most of the heat comes from.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see, but, won't the downclocked specs affect the ability for Dolphin to run on Switch? GPU probably isn't a problem, but CPU certainly would be. Nintendo's officially emulated games run on Nvidia Shield TV, which that operates at roughly 2.0Ghz on the CPU. Switch is half that. Probably too early to tell, but could the Switch's CPU be clocked back up, at least partially, and if so, how much heat would that produce? As mentioned, the GPU probably won't be stressed for this, and to me, that's generally where most of the heat comes from.
The tweet said 20-25 FPS with little to no major optimizations on open source drivers. I don't know how much more clear they could be about that.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm pretty sure we will be able to overclock the Switch CPU in the (maybe not so distant) future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.