DOOM lands on Nintendo Switch on November 10

doom_2016.jpg

Bethesda won't be keeping Nintendo fans waiting long, as their upcoming Switch port of DOOM will be hitting the eShop and stores on November 10, 2017. Company 'Panic Button' (who is also working on a Rocket League Switch port) will be in charge of getting the game running on Nintendo's latest piece of hardware. DOOM will run at 30fps on the Switch, and suffer some graphical compromises, but going off of footage from id Software, it appears that the game will retain its lighting system. This game is the first of Bethesda Softwork's upcoming partnership with Nintendo, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releasing later this holiday, and 2018, respectively.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
i love the fans keep saying its selling point is portability, at a higher price and again another poor port of an old game.

why couldnt nintendo just release hardware capable of doing the job, why has it always got to be inferior considering this is their 2nd console during the same gen.

the PS4/XBX1 is old hardware released years ago.

if this is the console already struggling to run todays games then what hope has it really got, soon see this third party support ending because devs wont see it financially feasible to pay more porting its titles to run on this hardware.

but hey i recall the nintendo fanboys comparing cube to ps2, NOW graphics arent important, funny if you ask me.

even if this was a new release on all systems, i still wouldnt stand there looking at PS4/XBX1/SWITCH and think yea lets pay more for the switch which clearly looks like watered down piss, ill save money and get the better version.
Everything isn’t about power. The Switch is very powerful considering it’s all on a tablet.Try fitting a PS4 on a tablet and have $350 to do so. Yeah, not gonna happen

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll take portability over 4k any day.

MINIMUM standard for a modern fast-paced FPS in 2017 is 60fps, you, console peasant, have u ever tried Overwatch, doom, CSGO in 144 or even in 240fps? 30fps? u must still living in 2007. to play properly a good shooter is strongly required KEYMOUSE, playing an EPIC shooter like DOOM through a TINY BUTTONS ON A TINY SCREEN is like eating a pizza without CHEESE/MOZZARELLA, that's sucks ass.

p.s. take look at my pc specs below, VIVA PC MUSTARDRACE!

Last edited by leon315,
D

Deleted User

MINIMUM standard for a modern fast-paced FPS in 2017 is 60fps, you, console peasant, have u ever tried Overwatch, doom, CSGO in 144 or even in 240fps? 30fps? u must still living in 2007. to play properly a good shooter is strongly required KEYMOUSE, playing an EPIC shooter like DOOM through a TINY BUTTONS ON A TINY SCREEN is like eating a pizza without CHEESE/MOZZARELLA, that's sucks ass.

p.s. take look at my pc specs below, VIVA PC MUSTARDRACE!
Yawn. You lost me at Peasant. Single player, fps means nothing.

But it's ok, you can brag about how mommy and daddy bought you a pre-build as much as you'd like. I won't be listening.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bethesda won't be keeping Nintendo fans waiting long, as their upcoming Switch port of DOOM will be hitting the eShop and stores on November 10, 2017. Company 'Panic Button' (who is also working on a Rocket League Switch port) will be in charge of getting the game running on Nintendo's latest piece of hardware. DOOM will run at 30fps on the Switch, and suffer some graphical compromises, but going off of footage from id Software, it appears that the game will retain its lighting system. This game is the first of Bethesda Softwork's upcoming partnership with Nintendo, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releasing later this holiday, and 2018, respectively.
yes baby i love it!!! thank you for the info AAA++++++

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Welp, I might finally get the chance to play this.
Don't have last gen consoles, and my pc is crap. Tho, I wanna get a switch.

When it becomes more "accessible", if ya know what I mean ;)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I might finally get the chance to play this.
Don't have last gen consoles, and my pc is crap. Tho, I wanna get a switch.

When it becomes more "accessible", if ya know what I mean ;)
Have fun with that.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering Doom is running on a mobile Nvidia with commendable performance I am going to buy the pc version. I am not sure if PC with ddr3 gpu can hit the same perfromance with greater power budget.

Reactions: DrkBeam and Kioku

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i like how people are saying the switch lacks games lol the switch came out in march that is a mere 7 months since its been released and we already have manny manny games and yet they keep saying the switch lacks games with little over half year after release? lol go see how manny games ps4 and xb1 had when they were 7 motnhs old ...

Reactions: Kioku and Flirkyn

zero-fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Am i the only one that thinks they are doing a bad and rushed port?, first they are releasing Doom before Skyrim, and Skyrim was announced long time ago, and Doom out of nowhere appeared to be released, besides no motion controls proves that, it's a deal breaker. But people are praising it because they think it's incredible on a handheld, and unexpected title on Nintendo, just to say hey, we have AAA titles like Doom. Have some dignity, it could be much better port than they make us believe, a 60gb+ (45gb+ on ps4/x1) game on a 16gb card, i bet they just made it low quality just to fit in a 16gb instead on a 32gb card.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no motion controls proves that, it's a deal breaker.
To be honest, I am not complaining too much about it, but if there were one deal breaker, it would be the 30FPS.
I couldn't care less for the motion controls, camera sensor based aiming like in the Wii was OK, but motion based aiming sucks IMHO.

zero-fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To be honest, I am not complaining too much about it, but if there were one deal breaker, it would be the 30FPS.
I couldn't care less for the motion controls, camera sensor based aiming like in the Wii was OK, but motion based aiming sucks IMHO.

I'm fine with 30fps, i mean i don't care that much, but motion on switch it's years away compared to Wii, and i played Splatoon 2 with it and to be honest i enjoy it more that using a mouse/keyboard, Zelda BotW too, aiming is much more easier, i use pro controller btw.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm fine with 30fps, i mean i don't care that much, but motion on switch it's years away compared to Wii, and i played Splatoon 2 with it and to be honest i enjoy it more that using a mouse/keyboard, Zelda BotW too, aiming is much more easier, i use pro controller btw.
Hmmm... I suppose it is not my thing, I usually disable it in BotW.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i the only one that thinks they are doing a bad and rushed port?, first they are releasing Doom before Skyrim, and Skyrim was announced long time ago, and Doom out of nowhere appeared to be released, besides no motion controls proves that, it's a deal breaker. But people are praising it because they think it's incredible on a handheld, and unexpected title on Nintendo, just to say hey, we have AAA titles like Doom. Have some dignity, it could be much better port than they make us believe, a 60gb+ (45gb+ on ps4/x1) game on a 16gb card, i bet they just made it low quality just to fit in a 16gb instead on a 32gb card.
lol you already know that baby doom is on top of the line

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
One notch above Medium, 60 FPS and at dynamic HD, actually, so more than double the oomph.
Of course it's more than double the oomph, but I would've expected more than that even from consoles like four times the size of Switch. Medium is pretty weak given how easy DOOM is to run on lower-end PCs.

Reactions: Yil and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Considering how well optimized Doom really was compared to Skyrim.. It makes sense. Not to mention they were probably holding off on an announcement until they knew Wolfenstein II was coming. No motion controls isn't a big deal to a lot of people. It's in no way necessary to add the gimmick just for the sake of it being there.

Reactions: Xabring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol