DOOM lands on Nintendo Switch on November 10

doom_2016.jpg

Bethesda won't be keeping Nintendo fans waiting long, as their upcoming Switch port of DOOM will be hitting the eShop and stores on November 10, 2017. Company 'Panic Button' (who is also working on a Rocket League Switch port) will be in charge of getting the game running on Nintendo's latest piece of hardware. DOOM will run at 30fps on the Switch, and suffer some graphical compromises, but going off of footage from id Software, it appears that the game will retain its lighting system. This game is the first of Bethesda Softwork's upcoming partnership with Nintendo, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releasing later this holiday, and 2018, respectively.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can pick up DOOM for £5 on everything else. Switch pricing will be an issue.
Really? I would really get an XB1 copy for that price. Not that I have been looking, but I thought it was more expensive.
I'll try to find one when I get back home. Sounds like a steal.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Really? I would really get an XB1 copy for that price. Not that I have been looking, but I thought it was more expensive.
I'll try to find one when I get back home. Sounds like a steal.
on steam it can reach $10-15 depends on the country.
on Xbox one it was $15 two months ago, but in Xbo you can change the store to buy from cheaper country, but i don't know how.
i bought it 5 months on PS4 for $15, it was big deal on EU store.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on steam it can reach $10-15 depends on the country.
on Xbox one it was $15 two months ago, but in Xbo you can change the store to buy from cheaper country, but i don't know how.
i bought it 5 months on PS4 for $15, it was big deal on EU store.
Well, I just checked for a disc version and it really sells for cheap in the UK (~8£). It gets a little more expensive including shipping to Germany, but not that much. I am really tempted to get it (though I have a backlog of ~100 games, so I should stop buying on impulse)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
D

Deleted-355425

Who praises what? A lot of people are like me nowadays and own every platform, so yes it's exciting to see new games on one of the newest platforms you own, even if it's a downgraded port of an older title. But it still stands that some people are out there that only have the Switch or will only have the Switch so these rereleases are new to them. Thats it.

I will be buying doom for the switch, hopefully they will bring out some fallout ports next.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
both Doom and wolfenstein's switch ports run 720p 30fps, doom sold over 2M just on PCs alone, will Switch one ever get pc's 1/10 of sales??

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When your Name is Nintendo and you have to release old Games on your New Console because it lacks Content.

Shows how bad and dead this Platform is, but People still praise it to high Heavens.
Quite the opposite actually. You've got big name developers and publishers that scoffed at the Wii U looking to put their titles on the Switch. Add in the fact they've sold more units than anyone would have guessed. So, you're obviously wrong. But hey.. Keep living in your bias.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could care less about the stupid fps.
60 to 30 is not a huge deal like everyone makes it out to be, those are just spoiled brats talking.
As long as the main gameplay is there and it doesn't shrug as much, I'm okay with it.

I'm actually considering buying it, if the price is right of course, or else I might get it second hand.

Reactions: chartube12

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think this will sell well if it's cheap. Knowing Nintendo, they will probably sell it at full AAA price. It's good to know they're pushing this early. Hopefully, it's not rushed with bugs and glitches. With Mario Odyssey coming out, people know their priorities on games at least. It's hard to compete at full price.

I can't wait for the review on this game. So far, the preview impressed me a lot even though it was watered down. It still looks good.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I could care less about the stupid fps.
60 to 30 is not a huge deal like everyone makes it out to be, those are just spoiled brats talking.
As long as the main gameplay is there and it doesn't shrug as much, I'm okay with it.

I'm actually considering buying it, if the price is right of course, or else I might get it second hand.

Or maybe there actually is a distinguishable difference? Don't have to be a brat to see that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or maybe there actually is a distinguishable difference? Don't have to be a brat to see that.
Of course the difference is distinguishable, I never said it wasn't.
However, 60 to 30 fps being a game changer?
Nope, that's not. The main game is still there and playable as hell, I have played PC games in both 30 and 60 fps variants and while 60 fps does look smoother, 30 fps does nothing to kill the gameplay at all.

Reactions: chartube12

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well Doom is one of those rare game I won't want to play at 30 if i have choice. I played at 30 before and now 60 and here's quite a good difference. But it's my own opinion, if I had not the choice or I just wanted to play on the go, I wouldn't mind to get the switch version. It's just that having the pc version, I'll stay to that one.

But honnestly, it's great to have a game of that caliber on switch. I'll just liked if dev (not only for Doom or even switch) would put option to get a little worse graphics but 60 fps like on pc. Would be interesting

Reactions: Kioku

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When your Name is Nintendo and you have to release old Games on your New Console because it lacks Content.

Shows how bad and dead this Platform is, but People still praise it to high Heavens.
whats more funny is that the fanboys keep ranting that nintendo gets the best games, yet here we are again seeing nintendo getting old ports now that it has hardware capable of running them..... but saying that in this case, it cant so it like other current multi platform games has to be dumbed down and have features removed.

remember not long ago when R* announced a HD remaster of its LA NOIRE, and that it was coming to the SWITCH, the fanboys exploded in their pants, hmmm yes at the same time they slate the other systems for having last gen ports, its only OK for nintendo to be lazy and port its WII U titles because it was a failed console so theyre allowed to make as much money from it, hmmm same logic doesnt apply when its the other systems.....

but anyways back to the point, yup their panties got all wet over a game released back in 2006, something PS/XBX gamers played all those years ago while nintendo lacked the third party support due to the WII being a cheap ass CUBE 2.0

So yes its nice to not only see that PS4/XBX1 gamers are going to be getting a superior remake, SWITCH owners are getting shafted with a PS3 port that costs £10 more.

hmmm, i know i wanted the option to play said games but like fuck am i willing to pay £10 if not more for old ports/inferior versions.

no sane person would pay more for a cheap brand of bread when they can buy the premium brand for less.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well Doom is one of those rare game I won't want to play at 30 if i have choice. I played at 30 before and now 60 and here's quite a good difference. But it's my own opinion, if I had not the choice or I just wanted to play on the go, I wouldn't mind to get the switch version. It's just that having the pc version, I'll stay to that one.

But honnestly, it's great to have a game of that caliber on switch. I'll just liked if dev (not only for Doom or even switch) would put option to get a little worse graphics but 60 fps like on pc. Would be interesting
Yeah, there is quite a difference.
But the difference is more relevant if you are playing something like an FPS, and it is even more frustrating when you are playing against somebody else who has a PC that pulls and shows say 120 FPS with a monitor that can also handle that and you are at 30 FPS.
You may ask "but hey, is there really a difference between 60FPS and 120FPS"? YES, there is, specially in shit like FPS.

- that said, when you take the competitiveness away, and you are not playing against another asshole that can react faster on reflex because his hardware allows it, then it is ok, whoever plays against you will also have a Switch and will not have a frustrating FPS advantage -

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, there is quite a difference.
But the difference is more relevant if you are playing something like an FPS, and it is even more frustrating when you are playing against somebody else who has a PC that pulls and shows say 120 FPS with a monitor that can also handle that and you are at 30 FPS.
You may ask "but hey, is there really a difference between 60FPS and 120FPS"? YES, there is, specially in shit like FPS.

- that said, when you take the competitiveness away, and you are not playing against another asshole that can react faster on reflex because his hardware allows it, then it is ok, whoever plays against you will also have a Switch and will not have a frustrating FPS advantage -
Ahah tbh, I don't really care since I play almost always always solo in my game. But for Doom it's more because I find it more nervous on 60 fps. But it should not be a deal breaker if you can't play other version. It more that personally I have choice so I make one (and well since I already have the game I don't want to rebuy it xD)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Of course the difference is distinguishable, I never said it wasn't.
However, 60 to 30 fps being a game changer?
Nope, that's not. The main game is still there and playable as hell, I have played PC games in both 30 and 60 fps variants and while 60 fps does look smoother, 30 fps does nothing to kill the gameplay at all.
I know some people that get motion sickness with 30fps. So, yeah, it can be.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still impressed they even managed to get doom running on the switch... And Wolfenstein II on the switch? I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Xabring

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's not a valid point.
There is people who get that as well with 60 fps only, so it goes the other way around as well.
Now where did I state that 30 was the only one? I'm not saying that one is better than the other. I'm saying there's a clear difference and that, yes, it's a game changer. On either side.

D

Deleted User

Doom with some graphic downgrades and FPS sacrifices, will probably run decently on switch, but it just makes no sense and doesn't worth to purchase if you own a good gaming pc like me, Doom was originally designed for KEYMOUSE, pc version costs less than a shitty pineapple pizza with ALL FUCKING DLCS included, it supports 4k graphic and has uncapped FPS...

the switch one runs at 30fps LMFAOOOO :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

P.S. did they also mention dlcs? or Will they probably port them depending on how well goes its sales?
It also requres a pc you spent a grand on.

I'll take portability over 4k any day.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

incidentally, d we know the price of Doom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch