Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At least there is single player online, I want to do everything alone and want any DLC that I can use. Don't need extra teammates to finish a game, however the turn off is monthly fees, there are few games I'll pay a fee just to play, I only pay for the exclusive or a must have sexy outfit or equipment for female characters.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
LightyKD said:
Seriously people, GET OVER IT! Damn! I hate when people bash Nintendo's infrastructure. Nintendo WiFi isn't bad.
MK cheaters say HI and what do you think is gonna happen to this when the ocarina tards get their codes into it??

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
LightyKD said:
Seriously people, GET OVER IT! Damn! I hate when people bash Nintendo's infrastructure. Nintendo WiFi isn't bad.
MK cheaters say HI and what do you think is gonna happen to this when the ocarina tards get their codes into it??
There are cheaters on every system, not just the Wii.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that they're trying something new with the battle system, although it might still end up being ok. My favorite part of the DQ series as a whole was the way they didn't try to reinvent it every time, they kept most of the mechanics the same in each sequel, especially the battle system. I thought Square Enix had Final Fantasy to experiment with alternative battle systems. Like I said, it might still be alright, but DQ is one series where I REALLY wish they wouldn't try to fix what isn't broken.

I'm not particularly thrilled about the pseudo-MMO thing either, but it sounds like they're not going to make it a full-blown MMO, and if it's just like DQIX it should be fine.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
LightyKD said:
There are cheaters on every system, not just the Wii.
Cheaters are more common on the Wii, i never came across cheaters on the Ps3 but then again my online games is limited.

OT: I like the job system. I also like the battle system, somewhat. The visuals are pretty good, it isn't the best though.....Hate the fact that a lot of the game features are online. It looks a bit like FF: XI, which i dislike.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that they're trying something new with the battle system, although it might still end up being ok. My favorite part of the DQ series as a whole was the way they didn't try to reinvent it every time, they kept most of the mechanics the same in each sequel, especially the battle system. I thought Square Enix had Final Fantasy to experiment with alternative battle systems. Like I said, it might still be alright, but DQ is one series where I REALLY wish they wouldn't try to fix what isn't broken.
So you want a stale market where nothing changes? That sounds really bad.

DQ9 made the right change in making it more actiony, as well as taking out random encounters. This game doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, besides trying something different.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
PeregrinFig said:

DQ9 made the right change in making it more actiony, as well as taking out random encounters. This game doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, besides trying something different.
DQ's major thing was that they kept it largely the same, and that was a big part of its appeal to a huge chunk of its fanbase. I'm not saying all games should never change, but part of the reason DQ has been consistently great is that they don't mess with the formula. To be honest I didn't care for the attempt to make DQIX's battles more actiony, although my stance on removal of random encounters is completely neutral, I don't care either way about them.

I can't be the only one that generally dislikes action-RPGs and prefers entirely turn-based combat.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
DQ's major thing was that they kept it largely the same, and that was a big part of its appeal to a huge chunk of its fanbase. I'm not saying all games should never change, but part of the reason DQ has been consistently great is that they don't mess with the formula. To be honest I didn't care for the attempt to make DQIX's battles more actiony, although my stance on removal of random encounters is completely neutral, I don't care either way about them.

I can't be the only one that generally dislikes action-RPGs and prefers entirely turn-based combat.
Actually, I didn't mean to make my post sound so inflammatory. Sorry!

I do prefer turn-based, but I moreso prefer a change once in a while. SE knows that their fanbase rests in the turn-base sector, so they're probably not gonna stay in the online field for long.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Slyakin said:
PeregrinFig said:

It's not an Action RPG. It's an RPG, but it's not an Action RPG.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PeregrinFig said:
Slyakin said:
PeregrinFig said:

I like both. Action has advantages and disavantages as much as turn based J-RPGs.

Also, the problem with this game it's that it will require you to be online, even if you can play it solo. It's not different than a MMORPG at all. DQIX didn't need this, it was still a singleplayer RPG for most of the part.

The only problem I have with DQIX is the story/setting. The battles were a major upgrade from the others, I actually don't even like the battlesystem of the older titles, it looks so amateurish that it hurts.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something a lot of you are forgetting. The Wii version of this game will be using USB sticks or drives for external memory. Are we to expect a system update soon? I wonder what Nintendo has in store?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
There's something a lot of you are forgetting. The Wii version of this game will be using USB sticks or drives for external memory. Are we to expect a system update soon? I wonder what Nintendo has in store?
I don't think we're forgetting anything, at this point in time it's not a significant detail or point of interest.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
The confirmation comes via the Square Enix support Q&A page, which yesterday revealed that DQX will require an online connection to get beyond the first few hours of play

fuck this than not touching it thanks a lot SE for ruining yet another RPG i was looking forward to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P