Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Jimathy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No clue then. I patched my rom myself so..
I took your hint and patched my own rom, and still the same result? D:

For anyone who has any idea DSi, unlaunch 0.8 and latest DSIMenu++

The battles sometimes crash, if they do its the same ones...but all trainer battlers show "What will you do?" and "Go blah blah!" as complete gibberish

EDIT: I think I fixed it (maybe) the battle text is in english now atleast. And no freezes at battles. My tip is 'disable "Trim Garbage".

Last edited by Jimathy666,

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I'm in the same boat, but I have a AP patched rom, white 1 + 2, black 1 + 2 all freeze in certain battles, namely the first starting battle...am I doing something wrong.

Now I'm having issues with occasional freezes when running in the overworld. Perhaps it's the rom I'm using?

AkiraTSAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm having issues with occasional freezes when running in the overworld. Perhaps it's the rom I'm using?
I also get the occasional freeze during battles or the overworld but for Soul Silver, annoying but not that big of a deal. (Unless you haven't saved in a long time)

AkiraTSAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and Pokemon White 2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky didn't have any freezing for me.
I only have Soul Silver lol, oddly enough the game never froze during my close to an hour suffering of Voltorb Flip. Then 10 minutes after being done with that it did freeze.

Last edited by AkiraTSAR,
Reactions: Natural

Jimathy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, after testing the game I put the game to the side, I loaded it up again and back to the old freezes and random characters instead of normal text.

For those who want to patch ROMs used DS Scene ROM Tool.
I used this and I can get in game, but I get freezes (with music playing normally).

I think that's normal.
This does seem normal, it appears it's lagging from loading the area. On my DSTWO card it does the same but only a small skip.

Pokemon HG and SS freeze after 15 or 20 minutes of play

is it normal?
No.
Is your ROM AP-patched?
Happens to me too, all AP-Patched.

Jimathy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This post is just me wanting to give as much info as I possibly can, I don't know if this is something that can be fixed on either end but extra data always helps.
I use a UK/EUR DSi that I recently put hiyaCFW and made DSiMenu++ the replacement menu
this was and still is on unlaunch 0.8*
I've used all regions (apart from J) Pokemon roms and the freezing stays the same, White 1 + 2, Black 1 + 2 seem to freeze for me in trainer battles with the battle music continuing. And I'll call them 'delays' when travelling to another area/building.
HG + SS seem to be fine apart from random freezes and apparent rare loading bug where the next area is just not there followed by a crash.

Last edited by Jimathy666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol