• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

EA and Dice censor "White man" in BFV

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP is a piece of garbage.

EA is trying to make hate speech harder. The phrase 'white man' is used, in video games, in the context of hate speech. No one is having meaningful conversations about race in video game text chat.

The build in question is old, and the game itself is not done. It is likely that 'DLC' is censored in error. Same for 'nazi' - they are likely using the shared EA text chat bad word list that EA uses in other, non-WW2 games. DLC is likely the result of a parsing error, and Nazi is likely the result of the list being shared with, you know, FIFA and Madden and all that.

They'll fix the stuff that is wrong before the game ships. There is no need for YouTube Gamer Outrage stuff here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Nazi" censored in a WW2 game.
Can they be any more retarded?

Don't use ableist slurs.

Last edited by blahblah,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP is a piece of garbage.

EA is trying to make hate speech harder. The phrase 'white man' is used, in video games, in the context of hate speech. No one is having meaningful conversations about race in video game text chat.

The build in question is old, and the game itself is not done. It is likely that 'DLC' is censored in error. Same for 'nazi' - they are likely using the shared EA text chat bad word list that EA uses in other, non-WW2 games. DLC is likely the result of a parsing error, and Nazi is likely the result of the list being shared with, you know, FIFA and Madden and all that.

They'll fix the stuff that is wrong before the game ships. There is no need for YouTube Gamer Outrage stuff here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't use ableist slurs.
LMAO! So if I describe myself as a white man, I'm using hate speech against myself? That's the funny thing about hate speech, it's like 98% subjective.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I'm honest: I wonder why people care anymore. It's EA. People complain about them having buggy games. Everyone complains about micro transactions.

Seriously...if you're still buying EA games at this point, then you're a masochist.

Meanwhile, at EA headquarters:

Marketeer 1: all right, guys. Our publicity is once again taken care of by the internet who complain to each other of Battlefield's features. :D
Marketeer 2: I told you: having female soldiers wouldn't do enough to piss off history buffs: we needed something more obvious.
Marketeer 1: that's true. Still, you risked a lot by suggesting that the word nazi be expelled of a WW2 game
Marketeer 2: the hilarious part is that we're halfway denying the holocaust and the Jew community actually backs us on this
Marketeer 3: so...how will we top this next time?
Marketeer 1: oooh...how about having random checks in the DRM during mid-fights so that all but the most powerful PC's can play it without slowdowns. Nvidia is practically begging us for such a feature
Coffee lady: shouldn't you guys...y'know...NOT hinder your customers? That would make the next game better...right? And good publicity outsells bad publicity...
Marketeers: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Marketeer: ...okay, but in all seriousness: that's just plain wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P