Translation [ENG Translation] Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Askam

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone here that use this translate can help with more details?

1- what version repatch are u use?
2- the game that are u use was normally downloaded from pkgj store? (ASA version)
3- What version game are u use? 01.01?
4- Do u use DQ dlc?
5- Did u have disable any plugin for its works?

I tried make it works a thousand times, with any combination and tried do all commented here, and always get the fuc***** c2-12828-1 error. I tried it with dlc, without dlc, with three or four repatch versions, with game version on 01.00 or 01.01, with or without installed compatibility pack =(

I really need some help.

Bigdonkey1

Trophies
XP
Country
So I got this to work following this guy's method but in a simpler way, here are his steps but adjusted to what I did:

These steps assume you already have the DLC downloaded on your Vita

1) Open Vitashell, go to "addcont" find PCSH10065 and press triangle, choose "open decrypted" and copy the files to a new file which you will rename to PCSH10065 after you delete the existing file with the same name.
NOTE: IF you get an error when you choose "open decrypted" then skip step 1!

2) Copy the contents of the ACCON-etc folder inside this translation's reAddcont folder over to the PCSH10065 folder in "addcont". It may replace a few files.

3) Copy the entire the folder in "addcont" named PCSH10065 to your Vita's reAddcont folder.

If you did it right, you should have the DQXI DLC working fine with the translation. Easy way to check if going to character select.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The steps above may help you

I tried to do this but consistently get error 0x8080000D when trying decrypt PCSH10065 in addcontent and then after following the rest of the steps the game doesn't register that the DLC is there when it loads. I could only get the DLC to show by disabling the translation.

I also tried following the original post but i cannot find any useful info on how to actually use psvpfsparser so have literally no idea how to even decrypt my files. the command line stuff sure seems to assume you know what you're doing and whenever i click the exe it literally does nothing.

Any help would be welcome. been trying to get this working since last year and spent all day bashing my head against this to no luck.

Reactions: Plattym3!

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get this patch to work doing the following:

1) Download psvpfstools at https://github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvpfstools/releases and extract it to a folder
2) From the vita copy ux0:\addcont\PCSH10065\ACCONVVITADQ11XX to the folder that psvpfstools is in. Copy ux0:\pkgj\titles_psvdlcs.tsv to the folder as well.
3) Import titles_psvdlcs.tsv to excel and find the row that contains ACCONVVITADQ11XX using search. Column E is your zrif string so copy it to your clipboard.
4) Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder these files are located. Run the command psvpfsparser.exe -i ACCONVVITADQ11XX -o output -z <zrif string from titles_psvdlcs.tsv> -f cma.henkaku.xyz
5) A bunch of lines will scroll by saying Decrypted: and complete. Once done open the translation patch and copy the reAddcont\PCSH10065\ACCONVVITADQ11XX contents into the decrypted folder.
6) Place the decrypted & patched ACCONVVITADQ11XX folder into ux0:\reAddcont\PCSH10065\ACCONVVITADQ11XX and copy the rePatch folder to ux0:\
7) Should be in english now

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
So is there anything new to this translation project?

Currently working on a tool to extract and reimport the Japanese Text from the Game for Translation purposes.
Here's an example of the BGMDescriptionParameter:

1633332381975.png

All Params are stored differently but this isn't a problem anymore.
1633332484750.png

Attachments

• BGMDescriptionParameter.dec.txt
    6 KB · Views: 145

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I have attached the following decompiled Textfiles:
- BGMDescription
- BGMName
- BGName
- ChanceCard
- CharacterDescription
- CharacterHonorifics (maybe broken)
- CharacterName
- CommonSystem
- CourseName
- InnerSystem
- MapDescription
- MassSaleType
- MassShopRank
- MinigameChocobo
- MinigameBattle
- MinigameMetal
- MinigameSlot
- TalkAiPc
- TalkAiAi
- TalkOjama
- Tutorial

In case someone wants to help me translating this

Attachments

• Decompiled.rar
    395.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded an older Version of Unity (5.4.4f1, the one the Game was made with) and was able to convert the Text-Files into ScriptableObjects for easier editing:
1633429717021.png

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I made some progress on the Editor.
- Left is the editable field
- Right is the original Text

Also fixed a mistake were I cut four bytes off at the beginning of each String, fu**ed up an offset.

dude22072

OP
Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, It's been 2 years. Life gets ahead of you, doesn't it?

Well, to the new translators, notes to keep in mind:
There is no word wrapping. All newlines are completely manual.
The DLC files entirely overwrite the base game files. You'll have to translate things in both.
Things inside of <>s, like displaying a button icon or newlines, have to remain untouched. It's still in JP even in the Chinese/Korean files.
As far as I remember you can't increase the number of bytes that text can take up. Some text is gonna end up worded weirdly, especially considering newlines/buttons take up multiple bytes.

Best of luck. Don't get burnt out.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, It's been 2 years. Life gets ahead of you, doesn't it?

Well, to the new translators, notes to keep in mind:
There is no word wrapping. All newlines are completely manual.
The DLC files entirely overwrite the base game files. You'll have to translate things in both.
Things inside of <>s, like displaying a button icon or newlines, have to remain untouched. It's still in JP even in the Chinese/Korean files.
As far as I remember you can't increase the number of bytes that text can take up. Some text is gonna end up worded weirdly, especially considering newlines/buttons take up multiple bytes.

Best of luck. Don't get burnt out.

Heyhey!
I already thought about the "problems" we may have with the translation.

- To the Tags (<>), I already thought we shouldn't change it.

- about the byte-limit per message: you're right, for most messages, the byte limit is set to 256bytes.
We're not limited to the files we can edit, we can edit the code as well!
I've found two sections of code that are important for us:
This Method sends the content of the message-files as byte[] to another method that converts the byte[] into something the Game can read.

The third parameter of the Convert-Method takes the byte-length, a message can have at max.
By changing this one to 512 (and rebuilding the message-file), we can actually have double the message-size the game currently allows.
1633464790488.png

Here the byte[] (file contents) are read and dissected into pieces. The messages are stored into StringMessageTbl-Arrays.
These contains StringMessage-Arrays that contains the message as a string.
The Game is reading the messages from this StringMessageTbl-Array.
1633465276316.png

The commented-out Code was used to Create the ScriptableObjects I work with to translate the Messages.

Currently I'm working on a Method that lets me "rebuild" the message-files given the translated Text inside the ScriptableObjects + the Information I feed into it (new byte-length per message and such).

Attachments

• 1633463525011.png
    1633463525011.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1633463844409.png
    1633463844409.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: swosho

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
1633525578477.png
Added "Magic Bytes" to the ScriptableObject which is later needed to rebuild the messageFiles.
Also added a check for each message to see if we get over our current limit of "256" per message.

I already modified code of the Game (Editing the Assembly-CSharp.dll" without breaking the Game.
This means: Increasing the Byte-limit of 256 can be achieved by changing the limits in the Code.
This needs rebuilding the message-files with the new limits

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Rebuilding Message-Files now work!

The Code is a bit messy and currently only works with the "SimpleMessage"-Type of Messages, but I'll add support for the other MessageTypes as well soon!
1633536580789.png

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, changing the Code in the Assembly-CSharp.dll actually isn't enough to increase the size-limit of messages.
Therefore we talked to a nice person who give us some hints and clues about how Unity-Games actually work on the PSVita.
To be able to make changes on the Code, we had to get the same Unity-Version the Game was made with (5.4.4p1) as well as the PSVita-Addon for this Unity Version and the PSVita SDK (3.570).
After some digging we got everything we needed and are able to generate a MonoAssembliesPSP2.suprx out of the Assembly-CSharp.dll which contains the code read by the game (mono-xcompiler.exe --aot Assembly-CSharp.dll).

This way, we cannot just change some values (like messagesize from 256 to 512), but we can add new Code as well (and maybe change the way the game reads the messages in general)!

I'll keep you updated about the progress we make! We'll probably create another Thread for this.

Plattym3!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, changing the Code in the Assembly-CSharp.dll actually isn't enough to increase the size-limit of messages.
Therefore we talked to a nice person who give us some hints and clues about how Unity-Games actually work on the PSVita.
To be able to make changes on the Code, we had to get the same Unity-Version the Game was made with (5.4.4p1) as well as the PSVita-Addon for this Unity Version and the PSVita SDK (3.570).
After some digging we got everything we needed and are able to generate a MonoAssembliesPSP2.suprx out of the Assembly-CSharp.dll which contains the code read by the game (mono-xcompiler.exe --aot Assembly-CSharp.dll).

This way, we cannot just change some values (like messagesize from 256 to 512), but we can add new Code as well (and maybe change the way the game reads the messages in general)!

I'll keep you updated about the progress we make! We'll probably create another Thread for this.
If you do make a new thread, let us know here so I can go look for it!

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how did you find the unity version for the game? if you don't mind me asking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/UlLG4NKrE1A?si=RcoQaZShtXQhcyHJ