Translation [ENG Translation] Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally I got my Unity Instance to automatically compile a new MonoAssembliesPSP2.suprx (which contains the Code) by simply modifying the BuildPipeline for the PSVita (it now cross-compiles the dlls from a pre-defined directory instead of the code generated in Unity).

To test the new possibilities, I build a custom AssetBundle containing a new Scene (with a Canvas, containing a Text-Component) and loaded it with new custom code directly in the Game.
1633812925350.png
Now I've decided to write a Script to load Messages bigger than 256 byte. This will free us from the limitations on translations!

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I prepared everything needed to work on the Translation!

- The game is now loading the Text from new files stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations/".
- The MessageSize-Limit is no problem anymore because we now can set our own for each MessageType!
- Building translated Message-Files is now pretty easily done in Unity
- Now being able to add ANY KIND OF CUSTOM CONTENT to the game!

Here are a few Screenshots I made (with some Descriptions):
1633861374586.png

1633861412312.png

1633861699563.png

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Did some more optimizations to the Code now.
When the Game loads, it now checks if the translated MessageFiles exist.
If a translated file is missing, it loads the original file instead.
The translated files will be stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations" as *filename*.translation
1633988073357.png

- Next step will be adding two bytes to the files determining the length of the Messages per file (currently hardcoded).
- Also started to translate parts of the game.

Anyone interested in helping with translating?

Reactions: Plattym3!

AllanFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did some more optimizations to the Code now.
When the Game loads, it now checks if the translated MessageFiles exist.
If a translated file is missing, it loads the original file instead.
The translated files will be stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations" as *filename*.translation

- Next step will be adding two bytes to the files determining the length of the Messages per file (currently hardcoded).
- Also started to translate parts of the game.

Anyone interested in helping with translating?
I think a romhacker named Choppasmith from romhacking.net could be interested in helping, he worked on the PSP and PS2 versions.

Maybe you guys can help each other.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya!
Just want to let you know that we made some progress on the Translation!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've also setup a GitHub-Project where I shared the decompiled, plain textfiles so more people can help translating them.
With the help of the Dragon Quest Community, we already made some progress.
https://github.com/Cellenseres/ItadakiPSVita_FanslationProject

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, just wow!
I was the one who startet to search for people to translate the Game. Thanks then to dude22072 who really startet to translating the game which was then finally be playable :)
Sadly as he stated i wasnt online here for a long time which why he made this new thread. Now to see someone who tries to make a full translation makes me really happy. Hope this gets fully translated!
So many many thanks again to dude22072 who startet everything! and also thanks to you xXDungeon_CrawlerXx for continuing the translation :)

Reactions: Plattym3!

Plattym3!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just wow!
I was the one who startet to search for people to translate the Game. Thanks then to dude22072 who really startet to translating the game which was then finally be playable :)
Sadly as he stated i wasnt online here for a long time which why he made this new thread. Now to see someone who tries to make a full translation makes me really happy. Hope this gets fully translated!
So many many thanks again to dude22072 who startet everything! and also thanks to you xXDungeon_CrawlerXx for continuing the translation :)
Thanks for start, to those who pushed it forward, and to those that will hopefully cross the finish line. It takes a village!

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Anyone play Little Kitty, Big City?
    My kitty was watching me play. <3 <3 <3
    its a game that came out a few days ago. Its on Game Pass too.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, but what is the game about?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?
    You control a kitten. You fall out the window and have to make your way back home. Solve some light puzzles, do cat things like knock stuff over and steal things, trip people up when theyre walking, pounce on birds, complete goals/tasks etc. in the process of getting back to your home.
    +1
    I think ones enjoyment would depend on how much a person loves cats. :)
    +1
    Theres my kitty watching me play.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I'm a cat person so this game must be for me. :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, sounds kinda neat
    @SylverReZ It's short but adorable imo. Im a HUGE cat lover.Can be completed in a couple of hours if just going for the main goals. But can be stretched out a good deal by exploring and doing everything there is to do and see.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)