F-Zero returns in the form of the battle royale F-Zero 99

After years of fans begging for a new F-Zero game, Nintendo has delivered, in the form of F-Zero 99, a battle royale 99-player game. Looking and playing similarly to the SNES F-Zero, this game lets you use cars and tracks from the original to race against tons of other players in hopes of winning. The game is out later today, and is exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Contrary to popular opinion, I think this looks pretty fun. Would be a lot cooler if I had any confidence that Nintendo won't pull the plug on it in a year's time, but it looks fun for now.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't give a rats ass about f zero but I kinda feel bad for F Zero fans :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: they really thought they were getting a new game
Yeah can you imagine seeing that first part of the video and thinking it was going to transition into F Zero X, GX, and then a new game, only to have the screen get flooded with extra sprites like some romhack RIP

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I feel like this is Ninty testing the waters for the actual interest in more F-Zero, so if people don't download and play this game to show interest they will probably not make another until the next console. Just my $.02 theory.
Thats exactly what I also though. Sadly I'm not just a fan of these 99 games.

Reactions: jalaneme

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, how's it play?
I can't quite believe that Nintendo's online system can handle 99 players in a racing game (where it's kind of important to have as smooth experience as possible) without a bunch of stuttering and lag that would undermine the gameplay.
Still, very nice to see F-Zero get some long overdue attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: need to have official info from N