Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to PC as an Epic exclusive

asdasddsadasdasdasads.png

The long-awaited reveal has been made: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Integrade is coming to PC. The game was revealed to be an Epic Games Store exclusive. It'll be out on December 16th.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck off and die, you Epic bastards; stop doing exclusivity deals already! You should focus on competing with Steam and GOG through pricing and features, not goddamn exclusivity!
I agree, there is no reason that FF7 Remake should be an Epic Exclusive.

Even Scott Pilgrim the game as another example is kinda crappy to be an Epic Exclusive as well because since the game was delisted for the longest time it should be on all PC storefronts,

Although this might seem like a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things because it was ported to almost every platform for the re-release.

Still this minor example of mine still bothers me

Last edited by TomRiddle,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, there is no reason that FF7 Remake should be an Epic Exclusive.
Money. The reason is money. If there's one thing these corporations are obsessed with it's maximising profits, so it must be better for their bottom line otherwise they wouldn't do it. What's best for actual gamers probably isn't close to the top of the list.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to play this on my PC again. It'll look so good! Also, I don't have a PS5 so I have played the Yuffie DLC yet. Yuffie was my favorite character from FF7.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck off and die, you Epic bastards; stop doing exclusivity deals already! You should focus on competing with Steam and GOG through pricing and features, not goddamn exclusivity!
EGS is fine feature wise. Actually in many ways I prefer it to Steam because it feels less bloated.
Money. The reason is money. If there's one thing these corporations are obsessed with it's maximising profits, so it must be better for their bottom line otherwise they wouldn't do it. What's best for actual gamers probably isn't close to the top of the list.
Right, otherwise we wouldn't have kernel level anti-cheat that gets easily bypassed and other restrictive DRMs/anti-cheat that lock us to Windurrs.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EGS is fine feature wise. Actually in many ways I prefer it to Steam because it feels less bloated.
As far as I know, EGS doesn't have user reviews, which are quite important since it's the easiest way to know if a game is generally worth purchasing or not - and if a product is "review bombed", it's generally for understandable reasons (such as poor publisher practices, or some shit mechanic forced into the game), so even sudden and artificial 'reviews' can be beneficial.

EGS also doesn't have achievements, which is mildly frustrating, and subjectively speaking I do not want to support Fortnite in any way. Or Tencent, for that matter, since that scum has some ownership over Epic.

WaterBlad64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for this game to come to PC for a very long time, so I'll still consider getting it at some point, EGS exclusive or not.

1c4rus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
lol the amount of braindead here is sad. The game made with Unreal Engine which is also an Epic's product. So why bitching to get a game that made out of an Epic's product anyway if you really that so desperate to hate a company to death. Even if it was on Steam, an amount of your spent would've been gone to Epic's pocket anyway which means you still empower Epic with your money while waiting it to sunk and shutdown. Seriously guys, get a life or better, a professional help. This is literally being toxic.

Kitase has something to say. This is from Epic Games Store release post.

1.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, EGS doesn't have user reviews, which are quite important since it's the easiest way to know if a game is generally worth purchasing or not - and if a product is "review bombed", it's generally for understandable reasons (such as poor publisher practices, or some shit mechanic forced into the game), so even sudden and artificial 'reviews' can be beneficial.

EGS also doesn't have achievements, which is mildly frustrating, and subjectively speaking I do not want to support Fortnite in any way. Or Tencent, for that matter, since that scum has some ownership over Epic.
If only there were a popular website where people can post user reviews and view critic reviews that then averages them out. Or what if there were a really popular video sharing website where people could post reviews?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If only there were a popular website where people can post user reviews and view critic reviews that then averages them out. Or what if there were a really popular video sharing website where people could post reviews?
Neither of which are on the store page itself, meaning people have to go out of their way to look up reviews instead of them being on the same store page.
There's plenty of people who aren't going to go search out reviews, and just rely on the store page itself - and if the page also includes user reviews, they'll take a look at the average (whether it's stars, a number, or text like "Overwhelmingly Positive" or "Negative") to judge the purchase upon, along with the trailers and screenshots and description.

Allowing people to warn others about low-quality products (or low-quality publishers) is important, and by not including reviews Epic denies this form of protection.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither of which are on the store page itself, meaning people have to go out of their way to look up reviews instead of them being on the same store page.
There's plenty of people who aren't going to go search out reviews, and just rely on the store page itself - and if the page also includes user reviews, they'll take a look at the average (whether it's stars, a number, or text like "Overwhelmingly Positive" or "Negative") to judge the purchase upon, along with the trailers and screenshots and description.

Allowing people to warn others about low-quality products (or low-quality publishers) is important, and by not including reviews Epic denies this form of protection.
I'd agree with you if Steam reviews weren't filled with shit posts.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd agree with you if Steam reviews weren't filled with shit posts.
I mean shitpost reviews do exist on steam, i'll give you that but don't pretend that it's only shitposts. I've seen plenty of reviews that are meant to be helpful in terms of buying a product. Overall I'd say that it's partly shitposts and partly good reviews but either one isn't really the majority and if you disagree i'd like to see stats or links to prove your point.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Digital Foundry saying stay away from this one, RTX 3090 struggling with the game at 1080p. Guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that they half-assed the port after taking the money up front for exclusivity.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Digital Foundry saying stay away from this one, RTX 3090 struggling with the game at 1080p. Guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that they half-assed the port after taking the money up front for exclusivity.
Oh interesting. Maybe the Win 3 performance will improve when they eventually patch it lol.

I've mostly been playing on an i5 12600K/3070 Ti and it's been fine. Messed with settings from 4K/120 to 1440/60 and the highest settings naturally stuttered a fair bit. 1440/120 seems like a good sweet spot for me, though it's not perfect. Hopefully it just gets better.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh interesting. Maybe the Win 3 performance will improve when they eventually patch it lol.

I've mostly been playing on an i5 12600K/3070 Ti and it's been fine. Messed with settings from 4K/120 to 1440/60 and the highest settings naturally stuttered a fair bit. 1440/120 seems like a good sweet spot for me, though it's not perfect. Hopefully it just gets better.
Yeah apparently certain software not picking up the frame rate drops also.

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh