"Funko Fusion", a Funko Pop based action-adventure game, has been announced

The Funko Pop figures have been a popular collectible item to many people for quite some years now, with the wide array of characters that the Funko Pops impersonate ranging from any kind of media and pop culture reference. Funkos can go from anything horror related, to even Disney related, and it goes far beyond just movies, also having video game characters in their figures. It was only a matter of time before the whole Funko Pop craze would make an attempt into the digital world.

Today, a new teaser trailer has been released, announcing an upcoming action-adventure video game featuring the iconic Funko figures from a variety of media franchises, with Funko Pop figurines featuring characters from movie franchises like Jurassic World, The Thing, Back to the Future, Shaun of the Dead and even Child's Play, all seen in events and stages from their corresponding movies.

Funko Fusion's synopsis said:
Funko Fusion is an upcoming action-adventure game where players embody their favorite Funko Pop characters and the worlds they originate from. Explore the worlds and play as characters from Back to the Future, Jurassic World, The Thing, Child's Play 2, and more alone in single-player or in 4-player co-op. Battle enemies, explore vast environments, and solve intriguing puzzles in Funko Fusion from former TT Games developers. Funko Fusion is launching in 2024 for PC and consoles.

The game is currently being developed by a new studio based in the United Kingdom, named "10:10 Games", which was co-founded by one of the original founders and developer from Traveler's Tales and TT Games, Jon Burton, and the game is set to release on 2024 for consoles and PC.

:arrow: Funko Fusion Official Website
:arrow: 10:10 Games Website

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems they really missed the boat on this one. Wonder if it was ignorance or arrogance. They'd have made a ton of $$ with this game/ad years ago

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
proof that each gen is getting dumber by the minute
Your parents bought Beanie Babies, and their parents bought the Pet Rock.
People aren't getting dumber, people have always been dumb.

yraverageamongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
go buy nendoroid instead.
i really wish i could tbh, they look so much better but come in at at least 3-4x the price higher than a standard funko pop in australia at least, although i dont really see the novelty of funkos at all, if you like the character i would rather buy a proper model of it or if i was really desperate find a bootleg/knockoff, anythings better than those lifeless figures

Reactions: xdarkx

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a slight bit of excitement for this game.

I just really love massive crossover games and remember the really neat dev tricks the gamehut did on old genesis and early Lego games.

I only own four of the forsaken things, but they are the only good looking kinds. Masked person, Cartoon Characters (KH Mickey and Pikachu) and bad designs, (an unholy FNaF funky pop dropped someone behind my closet, I have lost it and cannot trash it
Post automatically merged:

I legit like this idea.

Seems like I will enjoy it with my SO like we enjoy the LEGO games... in fact, it's by the same people.

Edit: Weird. Before this thread I wasn't aware of this pack mentality that Funkos suck and etc. They are a toy like any other, and there are plenty that are worse.

Post automatically merged:

It's one of the only, if not the only, brand in the world to serve as an umbrella for heavily adversarial products. It's a platform in which a Marvel vs. DC can take place.

I feel like the “LEGO games” element really works as this feels like a Lego dimensions but without trying to keep 100s of toys

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously doubt it ...in fact, I find it hard to believe that there's even a legitimate market for this.
I dunno, if it's anything like the co-op LEGO games then I would probably enjoy it. They just need to replace the building mechanic with something as fun.

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zoomer beanie babies, tbh.

i use the term zoomer affectionately. it's just every generation has its beanie baby weirdos and funko pops are it. i know someone whose walls are so densely packed with them that you can't even see the wall itself anymore and he is totally convinced that they're gonna be worth a fortune one day.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funko pops are the epitome of soulless corporate merchandise, literally what is the appeal for a video game of them. It's like making a video game based off of sillybands or pogs or something, there's nothing outside of the merchandise that can be enhanced by having it as a game
They're just capitalizing on "nerd culture"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...