games for bad pcs

Naegi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you like indie games and want to play something casual i would say Spelunky is a good pick. It's challenging and only $1,50 on Steam.
Otherwise i would also recommend Stardew valley, it's like Harvest Moon and i played dozens of hours without getting bored.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No one suggesting Warcraft 2/3 or Starcraft? :'(
In a way @DayVeeBoi did: his list mentions them (btw...every game I know on that list is at least decent, so it might be a list solely of good games). It's just that the price is wrong: starcraft became free not too long ago. :P

And on that note: the original C&C games (C&C tiberium dawn, red alert, tiberian sun and red alert 2) should still play very well. The later ones might as well, but it depends on the setup.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a way @DayVeeBoi did: his list mentions them (btw...every game I know on that list is at least decent, so it might be a list solely of good games). It's just that the price is wrong: starcraft became free not too long ago. :P

And on that note: the original C&C games (C&C tiberium dawn, red alert, tiberian sun and red alert 2) should still play very well. The later ones might as well, but it depends on the setup.
Yeah I don't follow low end gaming subreddit closely so I can only suggest the list, and to read through the subreddit. They're fairly active so I see a new game suggestion pop up on my feed every couple days. On that same side note, I love Command and Conquer Red Alert, it was the first game of the Genre that I had played but whenever I try I can't seem to get into it when I play any other (I guess they are called) Real Time Strategy games.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rivals of Aether is pretty great and runs on anything. Terraria is great too, although I do get lots of issues on high resolutions. If you want something 3D, the first Killing Floor isn't bad - it ran on a potato Intel Pentium with Intel HD for me, at least. Also Plants vs. Zombies 1. As of right now, it's free on Origin's On the House, so you can download it and play through it. I got it to run on my grandma's microwave (just kidding, but that game is not demanding at all).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah I don't follow low end gaming subreddit closely so I can only suggest the list, and to read through the subreddit. They're fairly active so I see a new game suggestion pop up on my feed every couple days. On that same side note, I love Command and Conquer Red Alert, it was the first game of the Genre that I had played but whenever I try I can't seem to get into it when I play any other (I guess they are called) Real Time Strategy games.
Hmmm perhaps the following games might spark some interest (most also work on low pc's)
-Total annihilation
-dune 2 or dune 2000
-8 bit armies games

And on the old but great game list:
-age of empires
-rise of nations

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm perhaps the following games might spark some interest (most also work on low pc's)
-Total annihilation
-dune 2 or dune 2000
-8 bit armies games

And on the old but great game list:
-age of empires
-rise of nations
Actually Age of Empires has been on my list for a while now, I play mostly handhelds as of late and I came across one not tool long ago that I enjoyed but it just wasn't enough to keep me around long enough to get very far in it. I think it was Tom Clancy's EndWar IIRC. I haven't played any in a long time, but I think probably those earlier Sid Meire's games would be good to list too, like those older Civilization games. Thanks for the recommendations, Dune is another one I plan on checking out at some point, but I'll keep the rest in mind as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude