Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
That makes perfect sense. You said you've read theories. That's what this thread is about. Discussing. I see no harm in discussing possible theories.

Alright. I'll wait. But I'd appreciate it if you stop acting so condescending to others. It brings people down.

well clearly after i stated " I WILL POST WHEN I KNOW MORE"
and yet you continued to ask

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thirty3Three: The topic of this thread is: Gateway 3DS, News and Information

It doesn't say "discuss theories".
Ofcource if you want to share theories go ahead.
No need to call Pong anything if he just is very clear on his stance.
I didn't think it was condescending at all, in fact i am a bit annoyed by your pushiness :P

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't think it was condescending at all, in fact i am a bit annoyed by your pushiness :P

He could've used a better tone:

"GOD. Ugh" "You could've done this!" "You should've..." etc. I don't appreciate that kind of thing.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats true but if he wasn't going to discuss the theory then there was no reason to mention it at all. By the time Devin confirms it, it will no longer be a theory. It will either be correct or just plain wrong. How will he tell us a theory then? A Theory only becomes a theory when it isn't supported by facts yet. So he's waiting for the facts before he tells us his "what he thinks?" Im just saying, theres no harm in saying it as long as it doesn't start a flame war. Spotty Conjecture and speculation is what makes this thread interesting. Hell it's all everyone's been doing anyway since no one has the card. Not trying to point any fingers but i see where Thirty3 is coming from.

Dictionary.com THEORY:a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to remember Pong saying that he was very close to another group that was also making a 3DS cart (or something along those lines), and refused to say anything, and now.. no one knows anything about it, I'm guessing.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I seem to remember Pong saying that he was very close to another group that was also making a 3DS cart (or something along those lines), and refused to say anything, and now.. no one knows anything about it, I'm guessing.

Yeah, and he also said, they will anounce it "soon". But there hasnt been anounced anything till now, so may they just dont working on it anymore? :/

Sasuke222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this works on a Japanese 3ds. Do I have to buy a Japan Gateway to use it? I asked them this question before and never got a reply.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I hope this works on a Japanese 3ds. Do I have to buy a Japan Gateway to use it? I asked them this question before and never got a reply.

doesnt make the console region free

if you put Japanese Rom on MicroSD, you can only paly that game on a Jap 3DS
same with EUR (only plays EUR roms) and USA (only plays USA roms)

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
thats a good point - surely the 'blue cartridge' must have some sort of region on it - unless theres a few versions of the blue cart based on region, and they're just shipping the relevant one based on address/reseller location

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Theory only becomes a theory when it isn't supported by facts yet.

Wrong, that's a hypothesis (which is what it looks like Pong has, as he has no concrete facts about the Gw3DS hardware to support anything). A theory is supported by but has neither been proven nor disproven by facts (i.e. Big Bang vs. Static universe theories).

I hope this works on a Japanese 3ds.

He was asking if the cartridge itself could run on a Japanese 3DS, not whether or not it could roms on a console with a differentiating region.

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The last information I got from Gateway 3DS over a E-Mail is, that they are "shipping in about 4 weeks".
Until then, keep calm and relax :P

Sasuke222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you put Japanese Rom on MicroSD, you can only paly that game on a Jap 3DS
same with EUR (only plays EUR roms) and USA (only plays USA roms)

I actually have a japanese 3ds that's why I asked the question.

I just got the email that gateway is region free as far as putting an American gateway on my Japanese 3DS console. I know the games are locked.

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually have a japanese 3ds that's why I asked the question.

I just got the email that gateway is region free as far as putting an American gateway on my Japanese 3DS console. I know the games are locked.

Yeah gateway itself isn't region-locked... just the roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1