Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Rytoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much for the fortnight. So now we have 4 days + time it takes to ship to retailers + time it takes for retailers to set up their warehouses and whatnot.

+ time it takes for them to make it compatible with 5.0 (if ever) for all the customers they told that it would work on (yes, I'm one of them)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"for shipping, it should start next Tuesday."

Matches what they sent me. Of course they said by this week, or the start of next week. At least it's better than a fortnight. :D

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pretty sure we all have theorys, just if you openly state your theory and it fails... you look lame... So if you dont say theory when its tested and fails it can be swept under the carpet no harm done, there are a few theorys about the 2 carts, 1 being its a DS Mode cart that does a little something special to trick the 3ds in laymens terms

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awe, yeah. Some great news.

29/07/2013
First units to ship this week !
And a quick note to update our FAQ regarding the use of the "blue" card and recent title releases:

Can the blue card run DS home brew ?
YES :- The bundled blue ds card, is in essence a standard DS cart capable of both DS backups and home brew for DS mode, tested to work on 6.1

Is the blue card required for every power cycle ?
No :- Our custom Gateway Installer DS app is only required to be run once to setup and thereafter any time the console is used in DS mode.

Does Gateway support all games:
No :- Animal Crossing uses unique NAND based save hardware in the cart, support will be added through a GW firmware update. Mario (released last week) is forcing 5.1 update. We have prioritised work on supporting all such future releases. Stay tuned.

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
The bundled blue ds card, is in essence a standard DS cart capable of both DS backups and home brew for DS mode, tested to work on 6.1
maybe just a wishful thinking but
maybe dstwo will make their cart capable of handling that job too making them only need to develop/clone the 3ds backup solution cart

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While compatibility with future games is very important, I think their top priority is to get the flashcard to work with >4.5
I have a sneaking suspicion that they have given up with older firmwares because it is either impossible or too hard for them to figure out.

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While compatibility with future games is very important, I think their top priority is to get the flashcard to work with >4.5
I have a sneaking suspicion that they have given up with older firmwares because it is either impossible or too hard for them to figure out.
I hope they get the updating things to work through a simple flashcart update (e.g. putting special file on one of the cards and letting it run then).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to post this in this thread. Those that ordered one will receive it a bit later than reviewers. So, yep. I hope to be able to finish my review before they hit US resellers. (Depends on if they're expediting reviews, and posting production carts someway else.)

First units to ship this week ! If you are to receive a sample for review, you
will also receive it this week, a bit earlier than first production units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...