ROM Hack GBA Auto Trainer Maker(GBAATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the .cht format has been bastardized by various carts/cheat engines so it is hard to add support for them all with a single function to import them...

It should work if you use:
Code:
[EP1]
ON=0536,0F,27
ON=053A,0F,27

[GameInfo]
Name=Golden Sun
System=GBA
Text=test

But I highly recommend just using GSSP/CBA codes instead.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again,

I know it's been a while since I'd posted on this topic, but it's also been equally about as long since the last time I had a chance to use this utility proper, and to give it a real test.

Want to first try it out with Final Fantasy V Advance. Since VBA and GS codes don't seem to want to play nice with me on Windows 7, I'd been copy-pasting the codes that I'd find most essential for the game into the text box for them below. These would be the codes I'd be most interested in getting to work:

Earn Maximum ABP
A4A2B07CD8D7
B8EAC35F0296
40B4D5649201

Have Maximum Gil
FA6A0A4BFF7A
13DD87B48C5C

Have all Items
535D55CCDA00
A110755CD2B3
B8EA9931B5BE
CE3394B51A3E
88A789F581D6
B158655CD2F3
325AD50EA828
CE3394B51A3E
925BDDEE7B02
397C6575D2D1

Stop Detonation Timer
96EBE898B773
3DFCE55F8089

One problem that seems to happen is that when I test the patched rom in VBA (at least that works fine), there is an immediate slowdown to the game when I toggle to enable the codes. I've tried hitting the deadbeef for the game before patching it, and increasing the cycles to 2 from 1, but I still notice the slowdown in-game, even when VBA is saying that the playback is running as it should. Any suggestions? I simply want to make sure it'll work before I put it on my sd for the EZ4 to run.

*EDIT* If nothing else, then i want the ABP code to work; I could deal without if I have to for the others. Would I also need the "M" Must be on to have this work?

*EDIT 2*

Okay, I'm looking for DEADBEEFs in the memory viewer as instructed; except what I'm seeing instead are EFBEADDE in the memory addresses. That can't be right... or is it?
unsure.gif

*EDIT 3* I seem to have found my problem. Getting rid of the "all items" code seems to restore the operating speed.
smile.gif

*EDIT 4* while performance is good on both VBA and on the EZ4, the codes don't seem to be "taking" on the EZ4, but do on VBA. Granted, I did employ sleephack, but even that patched rom works fine on VBA as does enabling the trainer codes; but not on the actual EZ4 and GBA.

*EDIT 5* repatched from a clean rom. sleephack and trainer works. no more slowdown in the field and running about. but enabling the trainer/codes really slows down the battles badly. Suggestions?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you did a lot of troubleshooting.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the updates, it is appreciated. Try setting the execution cycles to 255 and see if the lag goes away. If not then let me know and I will take a low level look at what is going on.

Also the EFBEADDE output is normal if you are looking at the memory in 8bit view instead of 32bit (DWORD).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did set the memory viewer to 32-bit mode. that's what shows up in that region that is suggested to look at.

Also seems I answered my own question prior... for this game, it does seem I need the Must Be On in order to get it to work at all, or the game crashes immediately after enabling the trainer.

That being said, setting it at 255 again doesn't seem to change anything; there's no longer any lag in character movement outside of battle, but the game moves pretty slow when I enter one. This being an RPG, that's obviously going to be a problem.
frown.gif

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it in VBA and on my EZ3 with those codes, execution cycles set to 255, everything else left at the default and there's no slowdown at all. Are you using the version 1.9.9.7?

Also I forgot that I byte swapped "DEADBEEF" so it would be readable as 8bit is the default viewing method in VBA and only view that NO$GBA provides.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I downloaded 1.9.9.7 before I started to fiddle with it.

Unchecking VBLANK helped some with the performance in VBA. However, when run on the EZ4 and on my actual GBA, there would be some times where it would seem to just slow down inexplicably. Adding in sleephack afterwards is straight out; it crashes immediately upon loading in both vba and the ez4.
frown.gif

Um... so what address should I write this to, then? since I don't see any deadbeef's in the areas that it does allow me to select.

I also forgot to mention that the patched one doesn't seem to save properly on the EZ4; when I reloaded after letting it save the SRAM to file, it would come back and still ask me to start a new game over.
frown.gif
Guess I gotta mess with the name somehow?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be a problem with the EZ4 Client and/or patching dll that you are using since it works fine for me. Try this and see if it works for you. Turn off Soft Reset patching as it might interfere and the default save patching is good. It ran 100% and saved/reloaded properly for me.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
I think it may be a problem with the EZ4 Client and/or patching dll that you are using since it works fine for me. Try this and see if it works for you. Turn off Soft Reset patching as it might interfere and the default save patching is good. It ran 100% and saved/reloaded properly for me.
Oh blargh... when I try to download, I get this error:
QUOTEC:\*\Downloads\EZ4Client20thDecember2008.rar could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
Well, that sucks.
hate2.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's easily the strangest thing; still had the same problem with that link, until I tried it in IE... firefox being my primary browser.

Download went fine in IE; though it's a bit late for me to try anything with it now. I'll post again as soon as I can.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, an update; flashed the updater .bin file that was part of that loader client I downloaded with your link.

In GBAATM for FF5A, I enabled the trainer, and the toggle to enable/disable codes, because that opening splash screen was coded to discourage the use of gamesharks and the like... this I know from personal experience with the real cartridge and real GS SP. Since turning off the GS was the only way to get past that health/warning screen at the beginning with the real cart, so the toggle is on there.

Sadly, using the codes *and* sleephack v2k causes the game to immediately crash on load. So no usage there.
frown.gif
Frankly, code support stands at priority over sleep mode support. Especially since the game already supports quicksaves natively.

Set the Execute to 255 cycles and UNCHECKED Vblank box. This pair of settings helped fix the performance problem I was having in battles and on the field. Viewing the memory in 8-bit mode on VBA at least allowed me to see the DEADBEEFs much more clearly.

I don't know if it did, but renaming it from "Final Fantasy V Advance (U)" to "FF5A" in the EZ4 client also seems to have taken care of my save file problem. Awesome!
biggrin.gif

penguin673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried various guides to convert this code, but I just can't do it. It's GameShark code for Mother 3 on VBA (test and working).

Double Experience
636D9DC0A83B7641

Quad Experience
3AB0E2E138B91A49

I would be eternally (well, maybe for the duration of my second playthrough) grateful if you could convert any one of the above, or teach me how to convert them.
bow.gif

Edit: NVM, I edited it in manually

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And I have problems with this one

Debug Room
60FF6450 D96B96FB 4553DE0F 0913E722

Its a code for Golden Sun 1. Can you please tell me how the options should look like ? And the format in the textbox ? I cant get it o accept this cheat -.-

Edit: I did it
biggrin.gif
Another question: Can I somehow inject 2 codes and cycle between them. like incet 2 codes and enable code 2 or code 1 whenever i want

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those codes are encrypted ARv3 codes but luckily they are RAM writes and are easily converted to Codebreaker codes. All codes that have lines of 8 or 16 are AR type codes. You can use AR Crypt to decrypt and possibly convert them.

Code:
Debug room
32000400 00C7
32000408 00C7

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I'm trying to use GBAATM (latest version 1.9.9.7) With Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) with the following code:

One Tap Run
0200009c:00

The program tells that the rom file was patched successfully but there is no cheat activated in the game. I wonder what am I doing wrong?
In which way am I supposed to enter the codes in the program? I have used this program before, but I don't really remember how I managed get cheats for gba games working!?
wacko.gif

When I looked up the patched memory-location in VBA it appeared that it was only one digit that had changed at the memory offset! Is that normal?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I can add that I've only tested the patched game with VBA-M v1.8.0

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man... COTM... Hope you know what you are getting into!
rofl.gif

For some reason the VBA/RAW code that you are using isn't being converted properly so I will have to look into that when I can.

Use this CB version of the code instead:
Code:
One Tap Run
3200009c 0000

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
Oh man... COTM... Hope you know what you are getting into!
rofl.gif

For some reason the VBA/RAW code that you are using isn't being converted properly so I will have to look into that when I can.

Use this CB version of the code instead:
Code:
One Tap Run
3200009c 0000

Thanks for the answer Cracker, but haha I don't really understand what your mean by your first sentence in your post?=P
Do you mean that the game will get crazy hard at the end?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol