Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was an open book quiz with a two week time limit. If it was any easier mid-west housewives would be taking home the flash carts. Stop the bitching.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain I lost, but I'm just excited to see my results. I don't really care if I lost, my R4 serves me well.

Anyway, thanks GBAtemp and the Acekard team for this competition, and good luck to all who participated.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
The answer for the Doom question was the BLUE key.

Just kidding, it was RED. Did you shit bricks?

You are so evil
tongue.gif

QUOTE(residentskitz @ May 29 2008, 08:09 PM) there was another question i wasnt sure about either...the game boy play it loud colors.

http://www.answers.com/topic/game-boy?cat=entertainment

A very rare, limited edition Manchester United Game Boy - red, with the logos of the team emblazoned on - was released coterminously with the Play it Loud! handhelds in the United Kingdom."

I had that console - the one with Manchester United on it. Sadly, I give it away.
frown.gif

Oh shi- I put down Pokemon for VIOP or whatever. Oh well. I did said goodbye
tongue.gif

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the doom key color question i actually played doom on my xbox just to see which key actually was the first one ^^

Latus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what was the actual wiki edit that warm wooly sheep did as a joke that had people so annoyed?

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
The CORRECT answer (that we chose) was Manhunt 2.

oh... even if you hadn't canceled it I would have gotten it right. oh well, good luck everyone, I hope I can get one of the acekard, but, then again, doesn't everyone?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I'm looking forward to the winners later. Congrats to everyone who made it this far.
smile.gif
Good luck everyone. I know that I got 1 mistake.. because I somehow misread even though I double checked. So, that eliminates me for sure. But, I can still hope.
smile.gif

Edit: Ah nevermind. I actually have 3 incorrect answers. I'm out for sure I guess.
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Soopy said:
with the doom key color question i actually played doom on my xbox just to see which key actually was the first one ^^

I played that first level loads of times so I thought it was red straight away, but I checked on a gamefaqs walkthrough to make sure...

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Regarding question 24. Which of the following names does not refer to an existing Nintendo DS flash cart?
It was logical question, which could be hard for not native English speakers - whan I was reading, I was translating to my native language and answer 'none of the above' after translation was meaning that all names are NOT names of flash cards and it was obviously wrong. I was trying to find which name is not card name, but all was looking for card names. Finally I decided Acecard+ because I never seen this card, and I thinked that this is software only upgrade of original Acecard.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
funem said:
What type of hat is it, please let it be a top hat it would be more befitting of the ceremony....

No, it should be Silly Hats Only!
biggrin.gif

(guess the reference
wink.gif
)

I answered the same as thieves too.. i think
tongue.gif

doesn't matter really... I do have a fully functional m3simply
tongue.gif
oh well... let's all keep our fingers crossed that someone will win ^^ haha

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
zabikt said:
Regarding question 24. Which of the following names does not refer to an existing Nintendo DS flash cart?
It was logical question, which could be hard for not native English speakers - whan I was reading, I was translating to my native language and answer 'none of the above' after translations was meaning that all names are NOT names of flash cards and it was obviosly wrong. I was trying to find which name is not card name, but all was looking for card names. Finally I decided Acecard+ because I never seen this card, and I thinked that this is software only upgrade of original Acecard.
then you are awful at translating double negations, because even in Polish it makes sense. ;)

literally:
"which of the following names does not refer to an existing..." - "która z poni?szych nazw nie oznacza istniej?cego..."
"none of the above" - "?adna z powy?szych" -> "?adna z powy?szych nie oznacza istniej?cego..." -> "ka?da z powy?szych oznacza istniej?cy..."

everything is fine.

wolfeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
wolfeman said:
hmm, the correct answer to 11, based on how it was phrased should be: "all of the above" imho

but at any rate, will we be able to view our quiz scores? that would be cool. [as would winning hehe]

edit:

PickleHead said:
I chose all of the above because I knew manhunt was correct and I also saw no more heroes as having a controversy due to the censorship in non-US countries. And with all my experience with multiple choice tests, if two are correct, then all of the above must be true. Thank you for taking out that question.

YES! exactly, finally someone who sees the logic. if the answer to a multiple choice question contains "all of the above" and at least TWO other answers fill the criteria of the question then it MUST be "all of the above". if in fact the true answer was NOT all of the above then it was the right move of gbatemp to disqualify the question.

Man your logic is a bit wierd, if I had an apple a pear and a banana and ate the apple and the pear, then said which did I eat the apple the pear the banana or all of them. the answer cannont be all of them as I still have a banana uneaten only if I ate them all could the answer be all of them.

blink.gif

MY logic is weird? what the hell sort of analogy is that you gave? sheesh, it makes no sense.

I'll BET you the reason they retracted the question was due to the ambiguity and the fact that all those games had some sort of controversy attached and by the fact that there is no way scientifically to determine which game had more controversy, or the "most", hence the reason "all of the above" totally FITS as an answer. And for the record, no one on the team here has said what the real answer was, only a few people who THINK they know what the actual answer is... it'll all come out in the wash my friend, so relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol