WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
There's a good chance that one of the 82 people who got #11 wrong but where said to have got all their questions correct, deprived you of your win.

JBates said:
And I kind of agree with the people that have mentioned newcomers. I think that there could be a rule barring those that join after the contest starts. That's fair enough.

QUOTE(DeMoN @ May 30 2008, 01:16 PM)
Instead of quizzes, we should just give free flash cards to people with 0 posts, hoping they'll actually join this site.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gave me 24/25 but when I looked for the wrong one it says that I got "Manhunt 2" wrong, although my answer (And it says so) WAS Manhunt 2

What the hell was wrong there?

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mario5555 said:
Now look at this question....I could ask which version of Nintendogs, that's like saying something like Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue and White are the same game, when there's like what 5-6 versions of Nintendogs, the writer of this question needs to be flogged with a rubber chicken.Well.. I actually thought that question was written well. You were supposed to see it was specific about Pokemon Diamond, and then see it referred to the entire Nintendogs series. Didn't you ever do tests in school? Typical trick question
tongue.gif

JBates said:
And I kind of agree with the people that have mentioned newcomers. I think that there could be a rule barring those that join after the contest starts. That's fair enough.Oh good, so anyone who comes to the site with the intention of joining after hearing about the quiz is going to be met with a screen that pretty much says 'WE DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU MIGHT WIN SOME OF OUR PRIZES'.

QUOTE(DeMoN @ May 31 2008, 06:16 AM)
Instead of quizzes, we should just give free flash cards to people with 0 posts, hoping they'll actually join this site.
Instead of quizzes, we should just give free flash cards to all the 'regulars', hoping they'll actually shut the fuck up and stop being greedy.

Has anyone entertained the notion that 'new' members who won an Acecard 2 might come and visit the site regularly for homebrew/firmware updates, now that they own a flashcard? Seems pretty likely to me. Plus, GTAtemp has just generated shitloads of traffic with this competition, I'm guessing above average registrations will continue for some time after the competition.

Also, GOMO (get over it, move on). I can't believe there are still people in this thread moaning about their old flashcards having this and that problem, moaning about how they got every question right and still didn't win, moaning about the 'damned new members'. The competition is over guys, no amount of pathetic moaning is going to get you some sympathy and a free card. Honestly, go down to your local MacDonalds and apply for a job. You'll have the paltry $25 in no time.

Oh and.. my score? I didn't enter since I already have a Cyclo+TTDS, so you actually had one less 'new member' to worry about
wink.gif

DataDrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where do lurkers who joined awhile ago but rarely post fall into in this whole "newbies with 0 posts get flamed" debate?

>_> ::Takes cover behind a DS Phat.::

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMN! I only missed one! And it was an accident, it was that Dolphin N64 one, I marked the wrong answer without realizing! Grrrr. Anyway, this was so much fun, even without winning. Hope we get to do it again soon!

BTW, I'm so happy to see Ediblebird on the list of winners, he is so helpful with all the PSP stuff, and answered questions I had
smile.gif
Congrats E.!

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, i only got 2 wrong and the Manhunt 2 one.

Oh well, one of the questions I got wrong I don't even remember answering, I must have skipped over it by mistake
frown.gif

Anyway, congrats to the winners, enjoy your AK2!

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to the GBATemp staff and Team AceKard for a great quiz!

It seems a bit underhand that some people have been vandalizing Wikipedia to try and gain an advantage over others (changing the Play It Loud colours, removing Gunpei Yokoi's name, changing the GBC screen resolution, changing the game Solid Snake appeared in etc.) -- are the mods planning on identifying members involved in this sort of thing?

light_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the highest you can get a 24/25? I got everything right, even including the Manhunt question.

It says this: The answer we were expecting was: Manhunt 2. This question not been taken into consideration in the final results.

999roy999

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
light_kun said:
Is the highest you can get a 24/25? I got everything right, even including the Manhunt question.

It says this: The answer we were expecting was: Manhunt 2. This question not been taken into consideration in the final results.
Yeah 24/25 is a perfect in this quiz.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bionic, they found one guy who did it (he actually admitted it after someone put his IP address on blast) and suspended him for two weeks, and said that they would decide whether to bank him or not after that. Not sure if they ever did. If you read the original thread for the quiz, you can see it all go down

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BionicC said:
removing Gunpei Yokoi's name
They did that? If I had remembered some of the questions, I would have had put that on my undo watchlist. Ah well. It's over now, so congrats to the winners. I got a 24/25(Manhunt question).

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
solange82200 said:
Bionic, they found one guy who did it (he actually admitted it after someone put his IP address on blast) and suspended him for two weeks, and said that they would decide whether to bank him or not after that. Not sure if they ever did. If you read the original thread for the quiz, you can see it all go down

Ah, thanks for the pointer. I suppose the lesson here is don't use Wikipedia as a primary source (or at least, not without checking out the article history, anyway...)

TheWingless said:
QUOTE(BionicC @ May 31 2008, 12:27 PM) removing Gunpei Yokoi's name
They did that? If I had remembered some of the questions, I would have had put that on my undo watchlist.

It was only done the once as far as I can see (although that version of the page was later reverted to mistakenly, so it kind of happened twice).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol