GBAtemp V8 / tempStyle 3.2 feedback thread - post bugs or feedback here

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Please add an option either to switch youtube embeds to use youtube-noocookie instead, or just block them entirely (either click-to-enable, or just revert it to a regular link instead).

For some time now these embeds have been bypassing my embed blocker, and this is the point where I got annoyed that the videos some members post are influencing what ads I see and what recommendations I see on youtube (seems like Google has recently cranked up their analytics game to 13 out of 10).

This is currently the only website currently which is able to somehow bypass the embed blocker.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please add an option either to switch youtube embeds to use youtube-noocookie instead, or just block them entirely (either click-to-enable, or just revert it to a regular link instead).

For some time now these embeds have been bypassing my embed blocker, and this is the point where I got annoyed that the videos some members post are influencing what ads I see and what recommendations I see on youtube (seems like Google has recently cranked up their analytics game to 13 out of 10).

This is currently the only website currently which is able to somehow bypass the embed blocker.
Should be fixed now.

• Love
Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Should be fixed now.

Nice, thank you! I hope that at least google has still a tiny amount of forgiveness left, and don't actually track youtube-nocookie. Very unlikely, but I can still dream :P

This seems to have broken video embeds though (all youtube embeds have turned into "An error has occurred"). I don't know if it's only broken for me due to my tracking policy, or if it also gets broken for others. Hopefully not.

I don't really care if it's broken for me, as at least I'd hope that this fixes the issues caused by the tracking I'm not able to turn off. I'm just hoping that this change does not break it for other users as well.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the recent status updates section intended to be that small now...? not sure if it's a bug or not and there isn't a little gear to configure it either so I'm not sure what's going on...
1668657919415.png

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is the recent status updates section intended to be that small now...? not sure if it's a bug or not and there isn't a little gear to configure it either so I'm not sure what's going on...
View attachment 338187
Looks fine to me? If the content in the statuses were bigger it would fill the column

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine to me? If the content in the statuses were bigger it would fill the column
welp, must just have been a bug I guess. normally there are a lot more post like it is here in this pic. seems like it fixed itself already though, weird
1668697720087.png

Reactions: SylverReZ

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,this bug has been present on the site for some time:when you write the word cheat it refers to a link,i don't know if it also happens with other words,can you fix it?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi,this bug has been present on the site for some time:when you write the word cheat it refers to a link,i don't know if it also happens with other words,can you fix it?
Is it present for you in this post as well? It isn't for me.
If it is, I recommend running a virus check on your machine.

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Random words turning into links usually means you have a malicious adware extension installed. Should be very easy to check by hovering your mouse over the link and if it leads off-site then that's not a part of the website. Please run a scan on your antimalware of choice and go through the usual steps for a malware infected machine before it gets worse.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
They're probably referring to that feature that used to be here where Temp had a list of keywords that would automatically receive a tooltip and hyperlink to a forum, thread and the like. I remember 'cheat' linked to the large cheat group we have. They probably didn't check if it still occurs and just thought to mention it.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Random words turning into links usually means you have a malicious adware extension installed. Should be very easy to check by hovering your mouse over the link and if it leads off-site then that's not a part of the website. Please run a scan on your antimalware of choice and go through the usual steps for a malware infected machine before it gets worse.
Sorry @Seriel ,i don't use Pc to navigate the site but the smartphone (Galaxy Note 9)i do everything from that.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're probably referring to that feature that used to be here where Temp had a list of keywords that would automatically receive a tooltip and hyperlink to a forum, thread and the like. I remember 'cheat' linked to the large cheat group we have. They probably didn't check if it still occurs and just thought to mention it.
Oh wow, I knew these existed for the console names but wasn't paying enough attention to know that it was there even for cheat.. what a strange feature.

Sorry @Seriel ,i don't use Pc to navigate the site but the smartphone (Galaxy Note 9)i do everything from that.
Does it still happen now?

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is a bug or just missing function... It would be cool when pressing back on mobile version say out of a thread to forum again if it would reload the position of the thread if low down the page rather than reload at the top of the page again.

No biggie tho!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
A bug I've noticed recently is that profile post notifications are a bit inconsistent in terms of clearing when you click them. (They also don't get bundled, which is a little annoying.)
For example, if I have a bunch of notifications stating ‘X also commented on Y's status,’ only the one I open will be marked as read, and the rest will remain unread. Also, ‘X reacted to your comment on Y's profile post with Z’-notifications don't seem to clear at all when I click them, not even if I try clicking them several times, so they have to be marked as read manually.

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys brought it up to @linuxares , but I'm currently having a issue with the gbatemp site in general. It is infinitely generating ads over and over.I have two ad blockers and both seem to go over 300+ ads which then crashes my chrome and cause my CPU to ramp up to 100% instantly. Dunno if it's a site issue or what to do, I have tried:
-deleting history and cache on chrome
-doing malware scan and antivirus scan currently, I don't believe I have adware or anything as its specific only to GBAtemp
_I have done a setting to set each chrome tab to its own individual .exe in task manager, prior to this crashes were instant when going to the site, now it takes a few seconds
Any help would be amazing.
I did use the site a lot in the past and you may no me as the OP for the Fire Emblem Three houses forum and for some of the Pokemon forums.

Please PM me if you have any ideas and help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps