Hardware GUIDE: Change your EZFlash 3-in-1 Battery (w/ PICS)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You more likely soldered the battery backwards jHoNDoE.

The EZ-Flash IV uses a CR2025
IMG_140102.jpg

Rechargables are 2X-5X the cost of a non-rechargable.

This is a better replacement than the digikey one you give.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...mp;name=P279-ND

I have this one listed as the choice for soldering in the 3in1 guide rather than the P294-ND that opeth2112 listed because the 3in1 doesn't have the ability to charge the P294-ND while in your NDS lite.

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
how_do_i_do_that said:
Works with anything that requires the same type of battery.

You will have to find a local source, since digikey has a transport restriction on lithium batteries with tabs.

I had already opened it, I just need a new battery and electrical tape
rolleyes.gif

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Does rumble drain the button cell battery, or the DS battery?
2. Does the GBA games in RAM mode still save properly? ( or does this apply to NOR and RAM loading. )
3. How long did the stock battery last you guys?

Ph33rm3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. This guide really helps out a lot.

I thought you HAD TO SOLDER. You showed me other wise. Thanks!
laugh.gif

melao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for this guide! I was blaming the R4DS firmware for the problem. I honestly thought that it was a software problem, since the saves were in the MicroSD card.

Saved my life hehehehe

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damnit I thought my battery was dead and I tried to replace it but I still can't save ingame and I'm getting problems loading GBA games now so I have to buy a new one
frown.gif

Can anyone tell me where I can get a new 3-in-1 with free shipping to Netherlands

Edit: nvm just ordered on shoptemp
biggrin.gif

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Done it and the saves are loading back now without corruption.

i have to ask if it's ok that i used masking tape to secure the battery though, as i couldn't find masking tape, could this cause any problems

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
After replacing the battery yesterday......

I loaded up Pokemon emerald to the nor and as usual it was giving me the internal battery has run dry but the game was saving and loading fine, using it as a stand alone slot 2 i waited about 12-16 hours after making my last save to see if it would reload, when i went to reload it said the save was corrupted but the backup save was fine, and it loaded

is this normal? does this mean there's still a problem with my 3 in 1 or just the Pokemon ROM

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
yup your right although apparently you can get ruby and sapphire, what does emerald have that ruby doesn't?

after testing pokemon i decided to load a different game into the NOR, one that actually needs 32mb, since emerald will run in psram anyway, so i got mother 3 with the translation patch and left the save since yesterday, and upon testing it still works. So i think my battery replacement has been successful which is awesome.

i think the old battery lasted just over a year, so i hope this one will be better, and thanks for your help

Darkterras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice Guide!
Yesterday i wanted to play some GBA games but the saves disappeared...the battery was empty -.- great
Today i went into the city to buy a new battery and replaced it with the help of this guide.
Now it works perfectly like before.
Thx for writing!!
yaynds.gif

QuikFingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke the top tab because I am returded, but unlike most people I know you can solder it back.
The PROBLEM IS I LOST THE DAMN TAB!!!

I have other GB (not GBC) and GBA games at my disposal. Can I break the tabs from those cartridges to replace the ones in my EZFlash?
If not, where could I possibly buy battery-tabs? I already have a new battery and don't wanna wait till a new CR1220 arrives in the mail
frown.gif

QuikFingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QuikFingaz said:
I broke the top tab because I am returded, but unlike most people I know you can solder it back.
The PROBLEM IS I LOST THE DAMN TAB!!!

I have other GB (not GBC) and GBA games at my disposal. Can I break the tabs from those cartridges to replace the ones in my EZFlash?
If not, where could I possibly buy battery-tabs? I already have a new battery and don't wanna wait till a new CR1220 arrives in the mail
frown.gif

I managed to solder a tab I took from my oldass SuperCard. But even after extremely tightening the tabs & battery with electric tape my games can not load their save data...
I guess I gotta order another EZ-Flash... Where would be the cheapest place to get another EZ-Flash?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I grew up with the 2012 show