Has 1fichier throttled download speeds for free users?

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It used to be way faster than it is now. If I remember correctly it used to be around 2MB/s but now it fluctuates between 100-150KB/s.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1fichier has always been crap for me. I don't understand why people use it. And the wait times are horrible, why is that even a thing anymore? Other file hosts like Mega and MediaFire don't have it. It's 2023, and the wait times and download limits are as bad as they were 15 years ago on some of these sites.

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
1fichier has always been crap for me. I don't understand why people use it. And the wait times are horrible, why is that even a thing anymore? Other file hosts like Mega and MediaFire don't have it. It's 2023, and the wait times and download limits are as bad as they were 15 years ago on some of these sites.
I'm working from memory and don't have any sources or hard numbers but the way I remember it is 1fichier used to only have a few seconds of wait time, if anything. There was always a long wait after each download but that was easy to work around by switching IP addresses. Sometime earlier this year they increased the wait time before downloading to about half a minute which is a bit annoying but bearable.

Until the last few days where I've had very slow download speeds the site has been very useful.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm working from memory and don't have any sources or hard numbers but the way I remember it is 1fichier used to only have a few seconds of wait time, if anything. There was always a long wait after each download but that was easy to work around by switching IP addresses. Sometime earlier this year they increased the wait time before downloading to about half a minute which is a bit annoying but bearable.

Until the last few days where I've had very slow download speeds the site has been very useful.
"Switching IP addresses" is not exactly an easy workaround. That means paying for a VPN (screw that), or changing my router's MAC address manually after every download.
The wait before downloading is especially annoying, as it only counts down as long as you have the tab in the foreground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!