Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Screenshot-taker for PSV. Like for PSP. Press the Volume Plus button - get screenshot. Not like in-build PS+Start, it's add freaking watermarks, logos and other shit on picture.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi fellow Vita community!

I'd just like to request a simple alarm clock for the Vita(I know the Japanese accounts have access to them) =S
I know I have a phone and all but I always end up losing it (and I pretty much react like my avatar) ;_;

...pretty please? <3
I can try to make something based on LPP-Vita for this.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi fellow Vita community!

I'd just like to request a simple alarm clock for the Vita(I know the Japanese accounts have access to them) =S
I know I have a phone and all but I always end up losing it (and I pretty much react like my avatar) ;_;

...pretty please? <3
EDIT: double post

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

terminator1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Request:

Equivalent to 3DS TinyFormat.

I've gotten a spare VITA that came with a 'problematic' 32GB memory card. The problem is that the VITA refuses to format it and throws error C4-10278-8. It will rebuild database and seems to work fine. I can install HENkaku on it and access ux0. It shows up as the expected 30GB in System and Content Manager. Yet for some reason the VITA immediately refuses to format the card, without elaborating any further. Is the 'partition table' broken, is it something else? Who knows. I'm hoping somehow formatting it "regardless" of whatever the tool complains about might fix it.

On the 3DS there's a homebrew utility called 'TinyFormat' that bypasses the "normal" formatting procedure and just formats your SD card. Is it possible to create a utility that does something similar on the VITA (for external memory cards only, not the 2000 internal 1GB)?

As 'nice to have' maybe display any 'internal' info that the VITA keeps and other memorycard related stuff (since everything has to be done on the VITA as there is no VITA-to-SDCard adapter card yet).

Like the MemoryCardSwapper tool it will likely have to power off the VITA at the end.

Edited the edit:
When formatting from recovery menu, the Vita reboots, then it says it wants to format the card (which you just did) which results in the error. If, instead of pressing OK, you turn off the Vita then boot back into recovery and choose rebuild the database, the Vita reboots again and will rebuild the database with no issues and the card appears to work fine.

I too am looking for such a homebrew because my 32gb card is also giving error C4-10278-8 when trying to format it.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have the Playstation TV read unofficial controllers? I mean, it's got a USB port right there... you'd think it would be able to recognize whatever's plugged into it. That's my request... support for ordinary USB controllers.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any way to have the Playstation TV read unofficial controllers? I mean, it's got a USB port right there... you'd think it would be able to recognize whatever's plugged into it. That's my request... support for ordinary USB controllers.
Not just yet, USB hasn't been REd afaik

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot-taker for PSV. Like for PSP. Press the Volume Plus button - get screenshot. Not like in-build PS+Start, it's add freaking watermarks, logos and other shit on picture.
Well on a per-game basis, you can find the asset that's used for watermarking and replace it with blank (transparent) and it'll work. I guess a real plugin would need to read the framebuffer like the PSP one does.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I would love to see an app for transferring files to PC via USB... qcma not working for me (Content Manager ask me a psn account and can't connect)

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
This might be a stupid request

But could we get some home brew which allows us to use the vita as an actual PS3 2nd controller?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be cool if there was a way to get discord working (just the chat part of it) maybe that'll happen if it gets a better browser?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Request/question. What can we expect in terms of a fw spoofer for games only? i'm aware theres a psn workaround now ( which is super nifty) but i was curious what ( if anything) we can do to prevent cart side updates.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
is there a way to remove AVLS completly from the PS Vita slim European? because all the PS Vita slim from Europe have this annoying AVLS option that won't let you turn on the sound to max,you have to manually disable it for 20 hours,every time,

Unborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What i wanted is a way to remote play games from pc BUT with Amd cards. I already know about moonlight but it's only possible with Geforce cards and that sucks :/
Edit: My request is to port Remotr.

Last edited by Unborn,
D

Deleted User

Hello, I was wondering if I could request a Mod Manager for The Binding Of Isaac so that users can easily load and swap between the mod ports that I've been sharing in my thread as well as for the ports that they may themselves for when I make the tutorial on my day off.

The way the mods would need to be loaded is that a plugin would need to redirect where it looks for the games "resources" folder. For this example say it instead of looking in "ux0:/app/GAMEID/resources/" it will look in "ux0:/Isaac/MODNAME/resources"

The only "limitation/issue" that I can forsee from this currently is if it will need to look for a full modified resources folder(vanilla + mods injected into it) or if it will work fine with just loading the mod files if the plugin can tell the game to take priority over the new files instead(this would be preferable since it will cut down on file size dramatically)

I hope it is okay for me to still request this here and hope that someone would be able too/willing to help :)

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That should be possible with a dumped version of the game since you can use plugins there. Then it would require to hook in the getresource function. A bit like hans in 3DS but as a plugin.

D

Deleted User

That should be possible with a dumped version of the game since you can use plugins there. Then it would require to hook in the getresource function. A bit like hans in 3DS but as a plugin.
Exactly my thoughts. The only issue is I do not know how to do anything of that nature. I'm lucky I figured out how to get these mods working on vita tbh lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo time to get really into private trackers so you can make full use of it