Heterosexual privilege and other gender/sexuality issues...

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
0) The heterosexual privilege is a horrible thing to face every f***ing day. What is heterosexual privilege you ask? It is the fact that being heterosexual is the "blank slate" or the normal condition of a human being. It is a given that any presumed heterosexual person can walk into a store, and purchase a greeting card that is perfect for their relationship. Any homosexual person cannot do the same - I cannot walk into a store and buy a greeting card that expresses my love for my partner. Heterosexual privilege is the state of mind that makes a couple of opposite sexes not worthy of attention, while homosexual couples have to be guarded about what they say. Homosexuals do not shove this fact into your faces - you just notice it more. I am still waiting for a marketing firm to create an image of homosexual women or men to be presented normally - instead of being the weird/attention getting thing most people consider it to be.

1) I find people who are obnoxious about their sexuality really annoying. Be they gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered or whatever labels they apply to themselves. This behaviour is really easy to get out of control - it's okay to be proud and out, but do some people really have to make asses of themselves? This goes to all of the people who don't defy stereotypes - we have women who are really masculine/butch or really feminine guys! Seriously, people - it's about relationships - you can't have relationships when you alienate the majority of people you interact with. And it's a cause for safety - what happens if a really genderqueer (someone who doesn't follow traditional gender roles) individual happens to piss off a really traditional person? It may mean violence, it may mean death or at least embarrassment.

2) Coming out is an ongoing process for queer people. We choose everyday who we explain our sexuality to. Some individuals choose to make it obvious through mode of dress, hairstyles, or even speech patterns. When someone "comes out" they make that choice to make it known. I for example, am out to a few cousins, my dad and a couple other trustworthy people.

Gaming:
- I'm still looking to trade an NTSC version of Populous DS - it comes with a full manual and case.
- I just downloaded Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - why hasn't Dark of the Moon come out yet as a scene release?
- I'm loving Radient Historia - great game, but a bit confusing. Stupid timeline type thing - but I'm looking forward to a Lavos type showdown at the end.
- Okamidem is amazing. I always loved watching the original, but never got around to getting that system or that game. It's funny in parts too - it's like a chinese painting come to life!

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A) no one will "marketing firm to create an image of homosexual women or men to be presented normally - instead of being the weird/attention getting thing most people consider it to be" until it is completely accepted by majority of people.. They risk hate and being boycotted by raticals
B) I'm with you about having beliefs shoved down your throat be it sexuality or in my case RELIGION. It usually leads to hatred or resentment and being human.. resentment is a hard thing to get rid of thus slowing down the process of acceptance:
C) I see you're a charizard fan.. Blastoise is more of my favorite.. mostly because I have a pet turtle and he would know if I wasnt a Blastoise Fan.. He knows things O.o

EDIT: "Homosexuality isn't normal. It's a malfunction. We tolerate it." Also true.. Sexuality is Natures way of reproduction and keeping life going not recreation or emotional attachment. Emotion is a disease that prevents evolution

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astrangeone Kinda confused. How would they know your sexuality from a greeting card? Never seen one that shows sexuality, just vague statements.

m3rox said:
Homosexuality isn't normal. It's a malfunction. We tolerate it.
That seem so close-minded and for some reason wrong to me.

What makes you so right to say it is a malfunction?

Not all people make a family, they have a malfunction too?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

Two men can't repopulate, neither can two women. That's the sole purpose of sex. Homosexuality is a brain malfunction. Same as pedophilia and necrophilia. (are you going to defend those also?)

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

Two men can't repopulate, neither can two women. That's the sole purpose of sex. Homosexuality is a brain malfunction. Same as pedophilia and necrophilia. (are you going to defend those also?)
technacly they are very different but that point has been made before.. though not as bad acceptance of it opens a door to acceptance to pedophilia and beatiality

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:

Is liking school a malfunction? Is hating gaming a malfunction? What you call a malfunction is preference. People have the freedom to choose what they prefer.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia is the same as comparing heterosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia to my eyes.

Sounds like Heterosexuality is a malfunction as well.

Again, not all people make a family, they have a malfunction too?

Some only do sex for pleasure, is that a malfunction?

You do know overpopulation is a bad thing, right?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BloodyFlame said:
m3rox said:

Is liking school a malfunction? Is hating gaming a malfunction? What you call a malfunction is preference. People have the freedom to choose what they prefer.
I don't share his opinion, but you seem to be ignoring his point. To him, sex is only useful for reproduction and, thus, anyone who is attracted to a partner with whom procreation is not possible has an obvious brain malfunction. To you, it's a matter of choice, freedom and simple preference. To him, it's an abomination of nature. To each his own.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, the two thoughts proposed are homosexuality is a choice and homosexuality is a mental problem. I personally believe that if you dismiss the idea of it being a choice, that means it is indeed a mental problem, or perhaps not mental, but hormonal. You can't deny that it makes sense for evolution and natural selection to result in it being normal for your hormones to make you attracted to the opposite sex, because natural selection would obviously favor organisms that have instincts to reproduce. Therefore, it's logical to assume that it is some kind of genetic abnormality to be attracted to the same sex. I'm not trying to "flame" or anything, I'm just looking at this from a logical and perhaps scientific perspective.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrmon said:
BloodyFlame said:
m3rox said:

I don't share his opinion, but you seem to be ignoring his point. To him, sex is only useful for reproduction and, thus, anyone who is attracted to a partner with whom procreation is not possible has an obvious brain malfunction. To you, it's a matter of choice, freedom and simple preference. To him, it's an abomination of nature. To each his own.

Oh, I just missed his second post.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia is the same as comparing heterosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia to my eyes.

thats not fair.. people are naturally attracted to the opposite.. natures procreation method. but the human minds perverts everything and the disgustingness of man finds pleasure in it.. nature gave us the orgasm so we would want a certain feeling from the sexual experience. some people like it some dont.. theres people who dont even care about sex.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrmon said:
BloodyFlame said:
m3rox said:
-snip-

+1

On a side note, people who flaunt ANYTHING too much, be it money, fame, race, social status, or sexual orientation, ALWAYS get on my nerves.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

The jest of it is that men is supposed to be attracted to women and vice versa. It's how the human race is supposed to be in order to continue existing. Well that what i get from what he's trying to say, it's to big a matter to be compared. I foresee 10-page homo/hetero-sexuality debate.
mellow.gif

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

The jest of it is that men is supposed to be attracted to women and vice versa. It's how the human race is supposed to be in order to continue existing. Well that what i get from what he's trying to say, it's to big a matter to be compared. I foresee 10-page homo/hetero-sexuality debate.
mellow.gif

flame war?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
mellow.gif

NO! Mods please close this already, this is not the place for this. This will turn into a raging anti/pro homo troll thread real quick.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
thats not fair.. people are naturally attracted to the opposite.. natures procreation method. but the human minds perverts everything and the disgustingness of man finds pleasure in it.. nature gave us the orgasm so we would want a certain feeling from the sexual experience. some people like it some dont.. theres people who dont even care about sex.
That not fair... to deem homosexually not natural. We don't fully understand nature. Homosexually could be away to help prevent overpopulation.

It not fair to say it is unnatural for two men or women to like each other.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thesolcity said:
sinharvest24 said:
mellow.gif

NO! Mods please close this already, this is not the place for this. This will turn into a raging anti/pro homo troll thread real quick.
Who knows? Perhaps the tempers are ready for this. Let it go on a little bit more to see what happens, and if it gets out of hand, close it.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
KingVamp said:
HateBreed said:
That not fair... to deem homosexually not natural. We don't fully understand nature. Homosexually could be away to prevent overpopulation.
lol, never thought of it that way before....

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
HateBreed said:
That not fair... to deem homosexually not natural. We don't fully understand nature. Homosexually could be away to help prevent overpopulation.

It not fair to say it is unnatural for two men or women to like each other.

Nature put hate in us as an overpopulation method. We will start wars an genocide and disease and so on and so forth. I'm anti-nothing. As long as beliefs are kept to themselves and PDA stays hidden its all groovy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work