Heterosexual privilege and other gender/sexuality issues...

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't care if people are gay and I wont be like ewww you're gay, but you can't expect everyone to be accepting. It's just not who we are as human beings. We find flaws and defects because we crave drama. If the world was accepting and open and hippy-ish then it would be boring. If you are born gay more power to you. You should be an emotionally stronger person since you have to take so much bullshit from society, but again no one will know if you're gay or strait unless you tell them or go out of your way to show it. Especially on forums like these, no one knows your gender or sexual orientation unless you tell them, I myself like women but i wont tell a homosexual person like them because I like them.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
HateBreed said:
Well I don't care if people are gay and I wont be like ewww you're gay, but you can't expect everyone to be accepting. It's just not who we are as human beings. We find flaws and defects because we crave drama. If the world was accepting and open and hippy-ish then it would be boring. If you are born gay more power to you. You should be an emotionally stronger person since you have to take so much bullshit from society, but again no one will know if you're gay or strait unless you tell them or go out of your way to show it. Especially on forums like these, no one knows your gender or sexual orientation unless you tell them, I myself like women but i wont tell a homosexual person like them because I like them.
Was that the royal we?

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it was the universal we... we all look for drama one way or the other. be it gossip with the neighbor, cheating on the spouse, chasing a high..

"But to address the point made to deflect attention from your own argument ( I can be a dick too, ), only for a couple of hundred years. And I wasn't on about hunting, but being the hunted. You got jumped like that would you be able to react quick enough to aim and shoot? Nope, I think you'd have enough time to maybe think "Oh shi...". Yes no other animal is as smart as us, but you do know until relatively recently being smart caused us more problems than good."

If i go into a jungle, i know something is faster and stronger than me, therefore i go at my own risk. i know the circumstances and the consequences. Being in a place where I may be hunted is my decision, if I'm dumb enough to risk it then let death be my reward.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
it was the universal we... we all look for drama one way or the other. be it gossip with the neighbor, cheating on the spouse, chasing a high..
chasing a high is usually to escape drama unless your high is drama

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
HateBreed said:
No pretty sure it was the royal we. As in "I crave drama"

You can't speak for the human race. Did you want to try?

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
HateBreed said:

yes ....jersey shore..in america most people doooo crave drama, as this seems to be all that is on tv besides comedy central and the like

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
HateBreed said:
I, and other homosexual individuals do NOT want to just be tolerated. Thank you for admitting that the world isn't perfect. I personally find that I can be pretty intolerant of some people - and I always think - "Angi, you are being a sexist/racist/gendered bitch right now. Stop it." It is good to know one's own limitations, and I thank you for noticing that.

I usually don't tell people about my sexuality, but it's still annoying to get asked about a non-existent boyfriend. Especially since I've been engaged to my girlfriend for about 2 and a half years.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
What I've learned from gay friends and gay people in general:

It seems they go hunting for the pain a lot of the time to have an excuse to be up in arms about something or another. I know that isn't the case for all who just get thrown into a piss poor environment that they have no control over, but for example, the school I go to. The gay people will practically make a sight out of themselves. It gets to a point where people really just want to say "We get it, your gay, I don't give a shit. I don't run around preaching about how straight I am." The entire world isn't plagued with non-acceptance of homosexuals. The likes of that show Glee give a very poor example of how far acceptance has come as a society.

For every one person filled with hate for one reason or another, there are another 10 that care, and another 2 million that don't give a shit. As a society, there just isn't much care, as society isn't holding back the likes of gay marriage on a state to state basis. It's nothing but the church(es) holding the entire process back, and then you just have people piggy backing off the views that it is messed up and terrible. Of course, this leads to intolerance of homosexuals as a whole from specific communities, and too many people who shouldn't be, get stuck there generally having to try to hide who they are out of fear of being shunned.

The population can take the hit of gay people existing. Although the entire homosexual population does defy one of the basic human instincts of reproduction, we are about a billion people (more?) over par anyways.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
0) The heterosexual privilege is a horrible thing to face every f***ing day. What is heterosexual privilege you ask? It is the fact that being heterosexual is the "blank slate" or the normal condition of a human being.

Correct. That IS the normal condition of a human being, sort of the natural design. Polar Oposities attract eachother and the other and the such.

QUOTE said:
It is a given that any presumed heterosexual person can walk into a store, and purchase a greeting card that is perfect for their relationship. Any homosexual person cannot do the same - I cannot walk into a store and buy a greeting card that expresses my love for my partner.

I heard it's nicer to make one anyways. Besides, you can just as well pick up a "for the best girlfriend in the world" card.

QUOTE said:
Heterosexual privilege is the state of mind that makes a couple of opposite sexes not worthy of attention, while homosexual couples have to be guarded about what they say. Homosexuals do not shove this fact into your faces - you just notice it more. I am still waiting for a marketing firm to create an image of homosexual women or men to be presented normally - instead of being the weird/attention getting thing most people consider it to be.

Where do You live? Clearly you don't watch television, it's full of "perfectly normal" homosexual couples.

QUOTE said:
1) I find people who are obnoxious about their sexuality really annoying. Be they gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered or whatever labels they apply to themselves.

I love you, please, educate gays and lesbians about this. This needs to be a known fact - being gay or straight doesn't make you a bad person - being an onboxious douche does. You're a shining example of "how to do it right" among the piles of goo.

QUOTE said:
This behaviour is really easy to get out of control - it's okay to be proud and out, but do some people really have to make asses of themselves? This goes to all of the people who don't defy stereotypes - we have women who are really masculine/butch or really feminine guys! Seriously, people - it's about relationships - you can't have relationships when you alienate the majority of people you interact with.

...you also can't expect other people to accept you and give you privilages when you're acting like a douche, I have to agree. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, just be happy with your partner.

QUOTE said:
...And it's a cause for safety - what happens if a really genderqueer (someone who doesn't follow traditional gender roles) individual happens to piss off a really traditional person? It may mean violence, it may mean death or at least embarrassment.

Violence? Death? I'd bet my horses on the embarrasment, it's the 21st century, lady. We got used to alternate sexualities 15-20 years ago. It's not going to "shock" anyone.

QUOTE said:
2) Coming out is an ongoing process for queer people. We choose everyday who we explain our sexuality to. Some individuals choose to make it obvious through mode of dress, hairstyles, or even speech patterns.

Which is a horrible thing and an eyesore. Use of language is a far better method, afterall, we were equipped with communication-related organs for a reason. Why dress up out of your usual style just to be a banner saying "I'm gay!"? It's sort of annoying aswell, dressing up like that implies that said person expects different treatment just because of his/her sexuality. If we're supposed to be equal, don't hint at special treatment.

QUOTE said:
When someone "comes out" they make that choice to make it known. I for example, am out to a few cousins, my dad and a couple other trustworthy people.

I bid you good luck on your way to fully coming out.

Gaming:
- I'm still looking to trade an NTSC version of Populous DS - it comes with a full manual and case.
It's not that great, but do try the PlayStation version - pure poetry.

- I just downloaded Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - why hasn't Dark of the Moon come out yet as a scene release?
...because it would be a filthy TS-Cam nobody wants to watch.

- I'm loving Radient Historia - great game, but a bit confusing. Stupid timeline type thing - but I'm looking forward to a Lavos type showdown at the end.
I like how they make two storylines and pretend that the game isn't linear when it's as linear as it gets. It's a wonderful game though.

- Okamidem is amazing. I always loved watching the original, but never got around to getting that system or that game. It's funny in parts too - it's like a chinese painting come to life!

Played both, you're not missing alot - the DS game is better IMO.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
HateBreed said:

I don't crave drama. Isn't that why we watch tv or play video games. to expirience drama without any risks? I would see no other reason why we would do such things if it wasnt for drama

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HateBreed said:
Midna said:
HateBreed said:

I don't crave drama. Isn't that why we watch tv or play video games. to expirience drama without any risks? I would see no other reason why we would do such things if it wasnt for drama

Uh, not every TV show or videogame has drama. I don't watch the simpsons for the drama, nor do I play Tetris for the drama.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Because, in the confines of a video game or a television program we cannot do emotional trauma to other people? Words can lead to suicides or depression or mental illness which is worse than death itself.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
HateBreed said:
Midna said:
HateBreed said:

!!
Telivision.
I'm not done Code Geass.
See ya!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Words don't cause mental illness. A genetic predisposition combined with many aspects that involve nature vs nurture cause mental illness. Words may just be a contributing factor in what can be a very long haul. Oh yeah, and depression is classified as a mental illness in certain places, but it is really just a chemical imbalance in the brain that is pretty damn hard to correct. Once again, I believe there have been genetic links found for depression (you know, when it shows up many times in one family, it gets suspicious).

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exactly but the drama is still there. It entertains us in a not so perfect world. some people are happy with their pseudo-drama. but others get bored and take it to the streets with messages of hate and violence. I have a few gay friends.. as long as every thing doesn't revolve around their sexual orientation than we can co-exist and interact

Edit: Because people want to get technical about homophones (words that sound alike?) or homonyms? idk

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
HateBreed said:
exactly but the drama is still there. It entertains us in a not so perfect world. some people are happy with their sudo-drama. but others get bored and take it to the streets with messages of hate and violence. I have a few gay friends.. as long as every thing doesn't revolve around their sexual orientation than we can co-exist and interact
Copying my eps now, but...

sudo drama?
As in, running drama as root?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious