Heterosexual privilege and other gender/sexuality issues...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
RockmanForte said:
Oh, he left ?? Interesting then he has a closed mind anyway. Thats ok. Thank you.

That's disrespectful. Everyone is free to make an opinion without diminishing others.

No, I mean he has a closed mind about the bible I want to discussed with him. Sorry for confusion.
smile.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Burton said:
RockmanForte said:
Oh, he left ?? Interesting then he has a closed mind anyway. Thats ok. Thank you.

That's disrespectful. Everyone is free to make an opinion without diminishing others.

No, I mean he has a closed mind about the bible I want to discussed with him. Sorry for confusion.
smile.gif
Okis. No worries pal!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m3rox said:
Homosexuality isn't normal. It's a malfunction. We tolerate it.

Likely was asleep in biology class.

Clearly was unaware that some creatures reproduce asexually.

This is also where I mention Jurrasic Park and how some species can actually reassign gender.

Homosexuality isn't a malfunction, if anything, it is a mutation. An evolutionary process undegoing trial.

Human heteros really only have trouble with homosexuality due to the influence of religious dogma. If not for religion, there likely wouldn't be any reason for bias any more so than that some people simply don't have the preference.

Homophobia is as rational as having a violent objection to white chocolate, or an obsession with which sport deserves the name 'football'.

But here is a challenge to the thread.

What if you are born one gender, and suffer from multiple personality disorder, and possess one personality that is most definitely uncomfortable with the gender of the person they are inside of to the point of being homosexual in outlook?
Think I'm joking? guess again. I am male, and I DO suffer from the above scenario. I spend almost all of my day with a competing gender identity. It's not thrilling at all.
I am not homosexual to an extent, in that I have zero interest in men. Well that is to say neither of me has any interest in men. And if half of me could do so at the snap of the fingers and change, odds are I would do it. But would that render me a lesbian, and thus actually homosexual? Can a male wishing to be a female, actually be homosexual?

And at my age, is it really an option to even do anything. It's not like I would enjoy being female in THIS body. I'm balding and experiencing pretty much the cliche male physique of my age. Picture yourself trapped in an ugly example of the wrong gender.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
m3rox said:
Two men can't repopulate, neither can two women. That's the sole purpose of sex. Homosexuality is a brain malfunction. Same as pedophilia and necrophilia. (are you going to defend those also?)
I disagree only about it being the sole reason.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there are no homosexual then there will be overpopulate. The homosexuality is something to do with population in balance. Dont forgot to look at some of animals are homosexuality as well. I do not understand human's judge over that since animals do not judge one another. We should learn something from animals. That's why they are better than human being's judgment. GRIN.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RockmanForte said:
If there are no homosexual then there will be overpopulate. The homosexuality is something to do with population in balance. Dont forgot to look at some of animals are homosexuality as well. I do not understand human's judge over that since animals do not judge one another. We should learn something from animals. That's why they are better than human being's judgment. GRIN.
The only reason we judge like that is simply because we are raised to judge like that. Hatred and prejudges is something that is taught to someone, not naturally born into someone.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This may seem a bit controversial but I have to admit that to say homosexuality is "unnatural" isn't false IMO. Now something I really want to stress is that I support same-sex marriage and when I say it's "unnatural," I am not saying it's wrong, just that there is an unintended psychological/biological difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual. A common point brought up to dismiss homosexuality being "unnatural" is that homosexual behavior is seen in animals, however, it really fits right in, especially since human are animals too. By unnatural, I'm not saying it doesn't occur in nature, just that it is not nature's "intended" result (like down syndrome [just an example, I'm not trying to say homosexuality is a form of mental retardation]), so even when seen in other animals, it is still "unnatural." Another common argument is, "People are free to choose how they want to live their lives," however I often hear, "I didn't choose to be gay." Well, which is it? Is it a choice or not? If it is a choice then I will except that it's somewhat "natural," however I feel the answer in most cases is that it is not a choice. If it is not a choice then I see the most logical conclusion to be that there is something psychologically/biologically different. There are by far fewer homosexuals than heterosexuals and homosexuality has no advantages over heterosexuality, while heterosexuality has the advantage of reproduction. I don't even get why people grasp for straws by saying bullocks like, "It's a form of evolution to reduce overpopulation." Homosexuality has been present for a very long time and it certainly has had no effect on preventing overpopulation so people should stop making up facts that are really just baseless hypotheses. People also say, "If homosexuals were the majority" I'm gonna stop there. Do you see the problem? Homosexuals aren't the majority and I believe there's a reason for that. Even if somehow they where, there's no way to know what things would be like, so that argument is also invalid. I see it as an abnormality, however people tend to think that means abomination. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but if you don't see that it's not the way nature "intended" you to be, I feel you're just lying to yourself.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
This may seem a bit controversial but I have to admit that to say homosexuality is "unnatural" isn't false IMO. Now something I really want to stress is that I support same-sex marriage and when I say it's "unnatural," I am not saying it's wrong, just that there is an unintended psychological/biological difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual. A common point brought up to dismiss homosexuality being "unnatural" is that homosexual behavior is seen in animals, however, it really fits right in, especially since human are animals too. By unnatural, I'm not saying it doesn't occur in nature, just that it is not nature's "intended" result (like down syndrome [just an example, I'm not trying to say homosexuality is a form of mental retardation]), so even when seen in other animals, it is still "unnatural." Another common argument is, "People are free to choose how they want to live their lives," however I often hear, "I didn't choose to be gay." Well, which is it? Is it a choice or not? If it is a choice then I will except that it's somewhat "natural," however I feel the answer in most cases is that it is not a choice. If it is not a choice then I see the most logical conclusion to be that there is something psychologically/biologically different. There are by far fewer homosexuals than heterosexuals and homosexuality has no advantages over heterosexuality, while heterosexuality has the advantage of reproduction. I don't even get why people grasp for straws by saying bullocks like, "It's a form of evolution to reduce overpopulation." Homosexuality has been present for a very long time and it certainly has had no effect on preventing overpopulation so people should stop making up facts that are really just baseless hypotheses. People also say, "If homosexuals were the majority" I'm gonna stop there. Do you see the problem? Homosexuals aren't the majority and I believe there's a reason for that. Even if somehow they where, there's no way to know what things would be like, so that argument is also invalid. I see it as an abnormality, however people tend to think that means abomination. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but if you don't see that it's not the way nature "intended" you to be, I feel you're just lying to yourself.
Homosexuality has a major advantage of not risking unwanted pregnancy. Reproduction is hardly an advantage with the human species, seeing as the world is getting more and more overpopulated every day. It is a logical assumption that there will be less pregnancy with more homosexuality.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am just going to state a few questions, why is this even an issue? I mean seriously in the great year 2011, this kinda shit is still an issue? How far have we progressed if we are still talking about this topic as though it's a problem?
Personally I say just shut the fuck up, both sides. Because neither of us are going to win. Honestly come 5 to 10 years this won't even be a debate and just like the hate of past, homosexuality will be accepted and there will just be another group of people for everyone to shit on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I am just going to state a few questions, why is this even an issue? I mean seriously in the great year 2011, this kinda shit is still an issue? How far have we progressed if we are still talking about this topic as though it's a problem?
Personally I say just shut the fuck up, both sides. Because neither of us are going to win. Honestly come 5 to 10 years this won't even be a debate and just like the hate of past, homosexuality will be accepted and there will just be another group of people for everyone to shit on.

I'd agree with you entirely if only you weren't a filthy commie.

It's really not an issue at all - people just tend to argue over petty terminology. Normal, abnormal, natural, unnatural, 'tis "all the same" idle banter.

I'll use one of the arguments from this very discussion. It's normal vs. it's not normal. You could say it's "normal" since some instances of homosexualism were observed among the animal kingdom. You could also say that missing a limb or two or being mentally ill is entirely "normal", since such instances were also observed in the animal kingdom. Catchin' my drift yet? Either side has arguments that counter eachother, neither side is "right". Perception of sexuality is a subjective matter, a given sexuality can't be objectively classified as right or wrong because there will always be someone who disagrees.

At the end of the day we have hetero and homo people, and what we really need to focus on is to get along with eachother, with as little "being a goddamn douche" as possible. The way I see it, whatever sexuality you have is "okay" as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process AND you're not running around with a loudspeaker to make people notice you. We notice you alright. We just don't care all that much.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Homosexuality has a major advantage of not risking unwanted pregnancy.
I hope you know there are ways to prevent pregnancy other than being a homosexual.

Magmorph said:
Reproduction is hardly an advantage with the human species, seeing as the world is getting more and more overpopulated every day.
It's our own fault the world is overpopulated, to blame overpopulation on the fact that we have the ability to reproduce is just ignorant.

Magmorph said:
It is a logical assumption that there will be less pregnancy with more homosexuality.
Actually read what people say before replying, I never said it was illogical to assume there would be less pregnancy with more homosexuality, I simply stated that people say that it is a form of evolution to reduce overpopulation and was noting that it has not done this even though it's been around for a very long time so people should stop asserting as a fact that this is the point of homosexuality when there is no evidence to support it.

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jul 8 2011, 11:13 AM)
just shut the fuck up, both sides. Because neither of us are going to win.
Honestly, you could say this about the majority of so called "debates."

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
RockmanForte said:
The only reason we judge like that is simply because we are raised to judge like that. Hatred and prejudges is something that is taught to someone, not naturally born into someone.

Good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well, man!
smile.gif

Very true but they can learn to reduce the hatred and prejudges because I was like that. I learn a lot about people and look at them looking at myself and I realized whats going on with this world gone wrong ? Maybe they knew and they dont care and they dont bother about it.

Those people who don't have anything interesting going on in their lives, so they make up rumors/hatred/prejudges and sit back and watch what happens. There are people who like to just start drama/cause problems, so they make themselves feel important when it all it does is ruin reputations. GRIN

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DeathStrudel said:
Magmorph said:
Homosexuality has a major advantage of not risking unwanted pregnancy.
I hope you know there are ways to prevent pregnancy other than being a homosexual.

Magmorph said:
Reproduction is hardly an advantage with the human species, seeing as the world is getting more and more overpopulated every day.
It's our own fault the world is overpopulated, to blame overpopulation on the fact that we have the ability to reproduce is just ignorant.

Magmorph said:
It is a logical assumption that there will be less pregnancy with more homosexuality.
Actually read what people say before replying, I never said it was illogical to assume there would be less pregnancy with more homosexuality, I simply stated that people say that it is a form of evolution to reduce overpopulation and was noting that it has not done this even though it's been around for a very long time so people should stop asserting as a fact that this is the point of homosexuality when there is no evidence to support it.

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jul 8 2011, 11:13 AM)
just shut the fuck up, both sides. Because neither of us are going to win.
Honestly, you could say this about the majority of so called "debates."

1) "Become a homosexual, help the world become less overcrowded" is THE most retarded idea I've ever heard. It's contraception awareness that should be spread, not idiotic ideas. What about S.T.D's? Homosexuality won't save you from those. A condom JUST MIGHT.

2) I blame the Chinese.

3) Chopping off male reproductive organs and surgically removing ovaries in selected groups of people is a far more efficient way to lower pregnancy levels. You in? Let's do this. I nominate Magmorph. That'd clean up the gene pool.

4) Yes.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I believe that homosexuals have the advantages in some situations. People who are not part of any group tend to believe the worst about that certain group. See sexism, racism or any of the "isms". It is the reason why that the earliest humans felt the need to form tribes - whoever wasn't a member was considered untrustworthy and dangerous. Hence why homophobia exists - people take a bunch of mythical reasons why gays and lesbians should be shunned.

And hence why some of us think it's necessary to be "loud and proud". I'm proud, but I don't go around pushing my sexuality into people's faces.

Edit: Unless it's for educational reasons or to protect myself. During my 1st year at university, a group of women decided that I was sexually harassing them. I had come home drunk but slightly buzzed, and those girls/my roommates invited me to join their little drinking circle and then proceeded to ask me questions about my sex life. The parents got wind of it, and got mad. They started it - and I had to end it by saying that they started it - and with both parties being drunk at the time...hoo boy, that did not go down well.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becoming a homosexual is not a matter of choice. The argument is still there about choice and be born with homosexuality. I am not here to argue that because I think we need to stop and move on. It is going to many pages with no ending. Jeez.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Becoming a homosexual is not a matter of choice. The argument is still there about choice and be born with homosexuality. I am not here to argue that because I think we need to stop and move on. It is going to many pages with no ending. Jeez.
For a lot of people sexuality is a choice so you're completely wrong. For really gay people it's not a choice but I know a lot of people who are bisexual who choose to live straight because they want to have a partner they can have children with and a normal, traditional family. So yes for people in the middle sexuality is a choice and the people I know who have chosen straight are much happier that they would have been had they made the other choice.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
P.S there's no strait pride parade.. you don't need a parade just be proud of who you are. No one has to know your sexuality. Public display of affection, be it hetero or homo, causes uneasyness in anyone. If no one knows you're gay except for the people you tell or know you personally than no one can hate you or descriminate.
I'm not alarmed by two dudes making out in public, nor a dude and a chick. That's normal if you've been alive the last few years. And there may not be straight pride parades, but there are religious parades, political parades, and anti-gay protests. I hate to imply that homosexuality being wrong is typically a conservative or Christian view, but it seems that way anymore. And on that last sentence, that's a terrible way to go at it. It's generally unhealthy not to be yourself, and I believe hanging out with the person you love is considered pretty damn normal.

Also, what the catboy said about how this shouldn't be an issue I totally agree with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.