Homebrew Homebrew Development

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hmmm really, how come the normal 3ds profile shows up even when the NDS profile exploit is installed, also just worth noting, the nickname looks like it has a bunch of %%%% in it, on the normal menu you cant type the percent symbol into the nickname field
Whatever it is it's not the nop sled, because that's byte 144(90 hex)...

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smea got the exploit working on New 3DS
not sure about the hbmenu yet.
View attachment 11055

And I need to being surprised? An unreleased game based exploit working in newer FW's works on another HardWare (It has also been demostred of working in 2DS so.)

scholan, hahaha nice, as you see I have another kind of "hacking/programming" knowdlage :)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
About the new name exploit earlier: I'm thinking that now with the ability to plug a modded 3DS into an USB port, it is possible to change the user settings in every way the menu would normally not allow and this has opened pathways to whole new exploits.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
About the new name exploit earlier: I'm thinking that now with the ability to plug a modded 3DS into an USB port, it is possible to change the user settings in every way the menu would normally not allow and this has opened pathways to whole new exploits.

You just need a DS Flashcard to do it.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You just need a DS Flashcard to do it.
3DS profile data is accessible through DS mode? That's a shocker. Also, when I mean whole new pathways with an USB I mean everything in the 3DS settings might be exploitable, including wifi settings, friend codes, and whatnot. Are those also accessible in DS mode?

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
3DS profile data is accessible through DS mode? That's a shocker. Also, when I mean whole new pathways with an USB I mean everything in the 3DS settings might be exploitable, including wifi settings, friend codes, and whatnot. Are those also accessible in DS mode?

DS Profile :P

With USB Mode, you can just dump/inject NAND, but this is encrypted.

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
http://i.imgur.com/HVLoJdv.png

FINALLY. Haha, managed to extract the final gw 1.0 launcher payload. My first reverse engineering project actually, learned A LOT doing it. ARM (thumb etc), ROP chains, etc etc. :)
Thanks to everyone who has provided information throughout this thread (kane49, windwaker, slashmolder, bond etc), you guys are awesome.

What I did was simply using the key, decryption code and kernel IO from payload 1 to get payload 2, then using the key in payload 2 to get payload 3 using the same IO functions. Sounds simple but holy shit, there are a lot of weird things going on in the exploit that causes code that should work, not work. Lots of trial and error.

The Thinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
asetgames.altervista.org
XP
Country
Hi all, I bought 2 3ds XL on Ebay to experiment with homebrew. One is with gateway on firmware 4.1, the other one is with supercard dstwo on firmware 8.
I have a general knowledge of C++ and I'm learning SFML, is it possible to develop something with these tools on the 3ds, I'd like to make a game in C++.
Please let me know what do I need to configure the C++ environment and what are the best solutions to accomplish my goal (a simple game in C++ with visual studio or xcode).
Thank you and keep up the good work :)

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I bought 2 3ds XL on Ebay to experiment with homebrew. One is with gateway on firmware 4.1, the other one is with supercard dstwo on firmware 8.
I have a general knowledge of C++ and I'm learning SFML, is it possible to develop something with these tools on the 3ds, I'd like to make a game in C++.
Please let me know what do I need to configure the C++ environment and what are the best solutions to accomplish my goal (a simple game in C++ with visual studio or xcode).
Thank you and keep up the good work :)
uhh.. probably not yet considering getting C to work fully is still in the works lol.. right now there isnt any functions for memory allocation (malloc, calloc, realloc).. theres only stack allocation, so that breaks a lot of C functions lol

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyway on topic again:

for anybody who is interested in writing in ARM code I found this a while ago:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/projects/raspberrypi/tutorials/os/index.html
this is very helpfull (especially when you have an raspberyr pi)!

anyway, if i take the right addresses etc. can i compile my arm code for the 3ds directly or is there a step in between?

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
anyway on topic again:

for anybody who is interested in writing in ARM code I found this a while ago:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/projects/raspberrypi/tutorials/os/index.html
this is very helpfull (especially when you have an raspberyr pi)!

anyway, if i take the right addresses etc. can i compile my arm code for the 3ds directly or is there a step in between?
cool, i might take a look at it, always wanted to learn programming but being a complete noob i have very low expectations on that front

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll close this thread for the moment.

Edit:
I cleaned this topic from yesterday hacking and virus subject, and moved all the posts here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-and-virus-dont-run-random-executable.372872

I added an explanation and a warning.
As a result Govanify is now banned.

I'm reopening this thread, but please keep it on-topic now.
This place is not the correct place to discuss what happened nor flame and insult users.

Like I said in the other thread, carefully choose what you launch on your computer. try in sandbox environment, offline computer, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game