Hacking How do I get my boot0/boot1 files?

chrisluna413

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my switch a loooong while back and at the time the guides just said I should back up with hekate... so I did. It only gave me a rawnand.bin file. I'm thinking that the rawnand is somewhere around 4.x, but I honestly have no idea. Also not sure where to go from here now that I'm on 7.1. Not sure if I should remount the rawnand.bin, although I heard that boot0 and boot1 are required for your switch to even boot... I don't want to mess anything up.

End goal is ofc emummc.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have backed them up when you made the RAW GPP NAND backup. I don't believe that you can use the BOOT0/1 files from a newer firmware version with an older GPP backup and it'll boot. Whatever you do make sure to backup your current NAND along with the BOOT0/1 files before trying anything.

chrisluna413

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have backed them up when you made the RAW GPP NAND backup. I don't believe that you can use the BOOT0/1 files from a newer firmware version with an older GPP backup and it'll boot. Whatever you do make sure to backup your current NAND along with the BOOT0/1 files before trying anything.
Good idea, definitely doing that, but how would I go about getting the boot files for the 4.x rawnand that I have?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same as you get rawnand file, use Hekate, you have option to backup eMMC boot 0/1 or raw GPP.

That’s what I want to do, but idk if it’s safe to mount the rawnand without the boot files.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to know what firmware your nand backup is. I had the same problem. 4.1 firmware clean nand backup but no boot0/1. I downgraded my firmware to 4.1, then made a boot0/1 backup and use that to restore the original clean nand.
Do this! That's smart!

chrisluna413

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do this! That's smart!
I wanna try it, but I heard that you can't downgrade from 7.0.1 to 5.1 (I believe that's the FW I have).

Also, would anyone happen to explain this a little to me in laymans terms? https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

It's a FW version inspector. I'm just not sure which pycryptodome to download and am pretty new to python. Lost on where to put all the files and directories, assuming that matters.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna try it, but I heard that you can't downgrade from 7.0.1 to 5.1 (I believe that's the FW I have).

Also, would anyone happen to explain this a little to me in laymans terms? https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

It's a FW version inspector. I'm just not sure which pycryptodome to download and am pretty new to python. Lost on where to put all the files and directories, assuming that matters.

Damn, I wish I would have known about this script. I just blindly installed a NAND backup not knowing what version it was.

Anyway ...

If you're using Windows you basically install Python3 to it's default location, make sure it's in your environment path and then a CLI to install PIP, then use PIP to install pycryptodome. Place your NAND and the required BIS key file in any folder along with the .py scripts and run it via the proper syntax. If you need further explanation you should seek help in the actual thread regarding the release.

I'm not sure about downgrading, but from what I know you can downgrade to any version given your Switch originally shipped with it. I'm not 100% positive as I've only restored a NAND backup once and have never actually downgraded any other way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At least the 20 you can add MicroSD up to 1TB lol